Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Manos del Sino posted:

...survive?

I am drawing a complete blank as to what to happened to them after they joined UnLocke. I remember seeing them a few times on walkabout with Smokey, but then they were just gone.

Uh yeah, they just kinda... forgot... about them halfway through the 6th season. But then again... WALT!

Cindy is honestly the weirdest character because of the fact that she is one of the original survivors who joined the Others and then went to go live in the Temple and (presumably) survived the entire show, yet she's gotten about 10 minutes of total screen time.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

PatriotAM22 posted:

Why did the Others want to kill/capture the Losties if they work for Jacob and he brought them to the island? I still don't have an idea/answer for this?

Because the writers wanted to create conflict but hadn't thought that far ahead yet.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Wait a drat minute....

So, we've been told that every incarnation of Christian Shepherd on the island was the Man in Black, correct?

Including the one who appeared in Jacob's Cabin, correct? The one who told Locke to move the island?

The cabin that was surrounded by a black ash that the Man in Black wasn't able to cross?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

euphronius posted:

No. I don't think anyone said that. And even if they did, they probably are not reliable.

But to answer your question, I think there was a hole in the ash.

Well, I don't think anyone explicitly said that every version of him was, but the MiB is the only person we know who can appear as dead people, and he did say to Jack that he is the one who appeared to him and led him to the caves originally.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

myklayman posted:

One possible explanation for the inconsistencies and odd behavior of the smoke monster when meeting Eko and Locke: there was an older "smoke monster" who was more or less benign. The hieroglyphics suggest that the smoke monster once acted as a guardian, which is inconsistent with what we know about MiB. This *could* be whose skeleton was inside the heart of the island. It could also explain certain dreams, what was in the cabin, and the appearance of certain dead folks who didn't die on the island and/or who were mysteriously helpful, like Ben's mom. Especially to Ben, who wasn't special.

The smoke monster always existed. How do you think The Mother destroyed the camp?

When the MiB died inside the Source, his spirit joined up with the monster. This is why the smoke monster had memories of the MiB.

Similarly, this is what happened to Jack when he died inside the Source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

myklayman posted:

No,

Mother knew what happened to people who went into the heart of the island. But Jack didn't become the smoke monster. He didn't even die inside.

Didn't he? ...........:lost:

• Locked thread