Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

miryei posted:

Does anyone else have this conversation?

My name is Michael, but people always hear it as "Marco". I just let it go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

So last night the hotel I work at had a fire. Between myself and the other night shift front desk person, we probably answered 400 phone calls from guests in about 10 minutes.

I managed to escape to go help move a guest in a wheelchair, so she was stuck alone for about 15 minutes and probably fielded another 400 calls. Eventually our GM stepped in and took a bunch of calls, which was really cool, but she got her rear end kicked for a while there. If they measured our handle times, though... hoo boy, we'd be way better than average for YEARS.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

The one where you don't work in a center and you don't take many calls? I agree sounds ideal

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

I'm pissed because our second biggest client has decided that everyone needs to use their brand new total garbage poorly written scripting for all calls from their customers. The one thing I really liked about this job was the autonomy and lack of scripting in general - this is the first time, literally ever, that we've had more scripting than a single-line liability disclaimer. Along with the sudden introduction of stupid "contests" I think the company is finally getting out of its startup phase and turning into a normal bullshit call center so I'm probably gonna bail soonish.

Then again maybe I'm just being a baby because I get maybe one or two scripted calls a week. But still! gently caress scripts!