Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
So after working 11 years in retail sales, I’m being switched to work at home customer service. Very grateful to keep a job and benefits.

Instead of sales, I will basically be doing troubleshooting , bill issues , and walking people through transferring their info (as far as I can guess anyway).

I’m not really worried since I am more than qualified, but it’s still different because I’m used to physically seeing everything, and I’m used to being on my feet all day (the last 3 weeks of quarantine have helped get me ready there).

Yeah, thoughts on what to expect, advice, etc ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Soysaucebeast posted:

I realize this is basically a dead thread at this point, but I wanted to see if I could get any goon recommendations about my headset issues. My work is cool enough that I can use whatever headset I want, and I had a Yealink UH36 kicking around anyway, so I just use that. It's usually really comfy and I an hear well and have zero issues with it, but I recently got new glasses that apparently have thicker arms than normal and now my ear is getting pinched between them and the headset and after about 2-3 hours it hurts enough to bother me. I've been wearing my contacts on days I work, but I'd love to be able to just throw on my glasses and go to be honest. Anyone have any good recommendations for replacement ear pads and/or headsets that don't pinch? For replacement headsets, I'd want to keep one ear open because I'm regularly training people/answering questions and I hate having to take off my headset every couple of minutes. Also, I prefer wireless unless the wired ones have LONG battery life. I work 10 hour shifts and can't take it off to charge it mid-shift on the reg.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09WRLHM28?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I use this dude daily and it’s pretty good. I would bet it is not like, the super best in sound quality , but works fine enough, and it’s light weight and has good battery life. Also, it’s only like $60 with the Amazon coupon.