Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neutsy
Feb 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I used to work technical support for HP. I worked in the "Media center/TouchSmart" Division. Here are my stories:

-The most frequent calls, and eventually chat's and e-mails about the dreaded projector were from religious nuts. These were quite possibly the worst people to deal with, they honestly believed that whatever god they prayed too would provide free projector parts for their 8+ year OOW projector. HP doesn't believe in gods :(

-The best, possibly the most patient folk to deal with were Veterans, Truckers, and folk that just were released from prison.

-Best TV related story: Yes, HP sold TV's for a time.
A gentleman came on chat shortly before the end of my Friday night shift. His child threw a Wii remote at the screen of the dreaded 65" Digital Projection HDTV. This TV was old as dirt at this point, at least 5 years OOW (Out of Warranty). For whatever reason he honestly wanted to fix this dinosaur. Despite me pleading with him to buy a new TV.
I searched parts surfer or whatever program it was called, and by some strange luck, found a replacement screen. To my surprise, he bought it AND paid to have our technician come out and put it back together. :gonk:
It ended up costing him some insane amount like $2100 US.

-Best TouchSmart Call:
About mid-day a chat came through a few co-workers screen and landed in my lap. It was a young kid, maybe eight or nine who was screwing around on his dad's new TouchSmart IQ804. It bluescreen'd for some reason. He wanted me to "Remove the History" and I kid you not "Magic touch the computer back". Since I had to troubleshoot the blue screen issue, I couldn't remotely access the desktop. Especially without the owner's consent.

Kid: If you dunn tell mah dad, I'll send you my iPod nanooo :P

Me: I have to have your dad's permission to access your computer.

Kid: :(:(:( Nooooooooooooo you don't, you can just Magic Touch it.

Me: Magic Touch?

Kid: gently caress YOU GET ME YOUR SUPPERVISER!!

Me: .....

Thankfully for whatever reason the chat terminated.

-Daily basis dealt with quite possibly the worst people. The "YOU KNOW, I own THREE of these things, and *Insert random number of HP products here*, I AM A VALUED CUSTOMER, I DEMAND YOU FIX THIS FOR ME FOR FREE NOW!!!!!
So happy I don't work there anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU