Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

We had some internet drama boil over into real life today, resulting in a firing. Word around the employee grapevine was that googling '<company name> sucks' would bring up a website full of people complaining about our company, and that it was good for a quick glance and a laugh. By the time I heard about it and looked it up, one of my coworkers (John) had decided to respond to the commenters... by swearing at them and signing his posts with internal department names. Then, in a stroke of genius, he signed off one particularly vile rant with the full name of one of our coworkers, Bob (John doesn't like Bob because Bob works well whenever he's needed to come in, while John has been reprimanded for pretending to dial while actually just pressing the 'no reply' button).

I told Bob about it (because that's what I'd hope someone else would do if it were me, if you googled Bob's name and <company name>, the rant in question was one of the first links, great for future job prospects), he told our supervisor's boss, the boss came in and got the sites cooperation to track the comments' author down, discovered it was John, and then fired him.

Can't wait to see what else comes of this, especially as everyone else knows it was Bob who blabbed, and John had some close friends working here who also don't like him. :allears:

TL;DR don't write slanderous comments about your company on the internet and sign it with someone else's name if you want to keep your job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Let me start off by saying we're doing some calls for a government organisation, and so we have a shitload of info on everyone we're ringing. Coworker was looking for a specific person by name, person's dad picks up and says "No, gently caress off." before hanging up. Now, co-worker doesn't like this so calls him straight back. Then this happens (paraphrased):

:bahgawd: The gently caress are you ringing me for you loving gently caress!
:( Mate, there's no need for you to be this rude, I'm looking for your son, is he -
:bahgawd: You're a loving oval office!
:( Look, is he there or not.
:bahgawd: I will come to your house and and shove my dick down your throat!
:( I highly doubt that.
:bahgawd: I will loving find you!
:( Well, considering you live at *address* I'm more likely to come to your house and shove my dick down your throat.

Silence before dipshit hangs up again. He told the supervisor after it happened, was laughed at and told not to ring back if someone hangs up again.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

So a fellow interviewer at my call centre decided that he'd had enough and wrote a letter to our project manager because he was disgusted with everyone else's behaviour and lack of work ethic. (Some people are going on the internet at work! I saw some things that shouldn't be happening that everyone knows about already and are clearly bugs but I'll bitch anyway! People are talking to each other and having fun between calls!) The project manager came down and reamed him out for going over the supervisors' heads.

This guy has worked here for nearly 10 years and is only hanging on until he can get his union-enforced long service leave, then he's giving this place the finger while he looks for another job/goes to his second call centre job full time.

Best thing about this situation is he routinely fakes completed jobs, does things we've been told point blank never to do as it's against our contract, leaves after 2 hours without mentioning anything to supervisors, things like that. It's clear he's spat the dummy, is over this job, and wants to take us all down with him. Rather than quit he's going to pretend nothing happened, that he loves all of us, and then leave once that money is in his pocket.

Reason I know all this is I'd regularly work with him, have chats between calls (no-one else would) and bitch about poo poo that annoyed us together. Now, he's apparently thrown me under the bus along with everyone else working here.

I really don't want to work with this arsehole any more. I'd say he's easily the worst worker here but he's twisted it up inside his head to the point where everyone else is incompetent and it's only him doing the right thing. I'm considering asking for my shifts to be on days he's not working, getting the rest of the team together and telling the supervisors that none of us are comfortable working with him anymore (we're not), or mentioning his second call centre job to someone higher up, as that is in direct violation of our contract (although the union apparently loves him and might fight to keep him on, from what I understand after some unofficial chats with a supervisor).

Just...gently caress.