Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

The Downfall posted:

So, I was on the phone with Netflix support tonight and I asked the guy on the other end the question 'Do you all get free Netflix?'

Turns out that the Netflix call center staff get free Netflix. Reading through this thread I would think free movies would nerf the hell part of the job out a decent bit for me.

It doesn't. I worked for a cable provider and got all of my internet/phone/cable tv for free and had all the premium channels and on demand/pay per view for free too. I still hated the gently caress out of every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

greazeball posted:

it's $8 a month

haha seriously. It's practically free anyway.

Just so I'm not completely making GBS threads on the thread:

I think there are some people built for call centers and others aren't. If you aren't, no amount of perks are going to make it better. It just makes you loving dread waking up in the morning.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

BigDave posted:

I'm still in the same cube, but my neighbors ignore me, my boss yells at me, and I don't really talk to anyone for more then a few seconds.

Except for the boss part, that sounds awesome. :confused:

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Loving Life Partner posted:

stuff

You're working too hard. If you can take calls faster, they'll want you to do it all the time.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

JackRabbitStorm posted:

That's another thing that aggravates me. My company decided that we are not allowed to withhold personal information from the customers. If a customer asks the address of where I work, my first and last name, and my hours when I work, I have to give it to them. Slightly discerning since I frequently get to tell people they need to leave their house or be removed by sheriffs department. They get kind of angry and make all sorts of wild threats.

WTF, tell them to gently caress off.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Benzoyl Peroxide posted:

Aw, that's kind of sweet though.

No it's not. Get to the loving point so I can stop talking to you.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

cuntvalet posted:

I know I've only been working my job for 3 months and have really only been on the floor for a month and a half, if that...but I don't know how much longer I'm going to last there.

I dread going to work, every day, and I hate every time I hear a call ding through.

This was every day for me. I didn't want to kill myself or anything, but every morning I would wake up and think, "Oh. I didn't die in my sleep, that's too bad..."

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Loving Life Partner posted:

How many team reps does it take complaining to HR before something is done? Infinity?

Pretty much. Don't count on anything changing, other than those people getting fired.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

supkirbs posted:

This is what I did (almost, rather than doing a lovely job I 'caught the flu', had a doctor's note but wasn't out long enough for FMLA so they fired me as I expected they would) when I broke down to that point and I have not regretted it for one second. I was practically crying tears of joy when I drove away, I felt like I could finally breathe for the first time in 2 years. That would probably sound over-dramatic to anyone else but I'm sure you all understand.

No matter how you get out, or how homeless you'll be afterwards, that day will be the best day.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Chicken Doodle posted:

A bunch of managers have moved on to other locations within the company recently, and I got to thinking... I do a lot of other tasks than my job now and they're admin related (sending out reports, etc). Management doesn't nearly have the same level of contact with the clients, but then I'd have to deal with agents. I don't want to stay on the phones forever, just with the company. I'd love to hear from any of you with managerial center experience.

Don't fool yourself, it isn't any better. Instead of just dealing with your own lovely customers all day, you get to deal with everyone's.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Jeoh posted:

Call centre rant thread: not wanting to kill myself everyday is pretty nice

I never wanted to actually kill myself, but every morning when I woke up alive, I was a little disappointed.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Real talk. I just recently got fired for needing a shoulder surgery. I talked to a lawyer and he said I had no case.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

They made up a complaint and blamed it on that.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Time_pants posted:

Just had a sheriff threaten to use his connections with the Ohio State Prosecutor to have our financial institution investigated over a matter of $33 because he was upset the interest being assessed on his credit card (resulting from an oversight on the sheriff's part that I was about to offer to reverse but he cut me off). He asked if I was really willing to subject "my" company to the fill scrutiny of the Department of Justice over $33. I wanted to ask if he was really willing to waste the time and resources of the Department of Justice over the matter of $33. Of course, I thought better of it and offered to reverse it as soon as I could get a word in edgewise. It bothered me because I didn't want him thinking that he got what he wanted because he intimidated me into giving it to him.

But then again, it was lunchtime and it really doesn't loving matter.

gently caress that. As soon as he started in with that, I would've been doubling down and digging trenches.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

avoid it at all costs man, I'd rather live out of my car if I had to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

if you're going to buy one anyway, just get wireless