Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

ninjahedgehog posted:

So PS+ just downloaded a RDR patch today. Does anyone know what it was for? Honestly, I'm surprised this game still gets patched at all :iiam:
The MP servers were dropped by Gamespy at the end of May so it's likely a patch to point the MP servers elsewhere (likely housed by Rockstar now).
They also might have patched the XP exploit glitch in MP that was pissing a lot of people off.

HORMELCHILI posted:

I dont give a flying poo poo about a RDR sequel that isn't made by Rockstar though, have they said anything about it?
Rockstar has said they are working on a sequel but had nothing more to report on it than that.
They have no plans to one and done the RDR brand, they know it is a very successful IP and aren't going to let it twist in the wind and collect dust.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

HORMELCHILI posted:

I dont give a flying poo poo about a RDR sequel that isn't made by Rockstar though, have they said anything about it?
Doesn't Rockstar own Red Dead? I thought they bought the IP off of Capcom when they made Revolver.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

HORMELCHILI posted:

Take-two owns Rockstar, so when they say they're making a RDR sequel, it means that Rockstar is.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Red Dead Revenge?
Red Dead Revisited?
Red Dead Returns?
Red Dead Revolution?
Red Dead Retribution?
Red Dead Remooned?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Fuzz posted:

Red Dead Revenge?
Red Dead Revisited?
Red Dead Returns?
Red Dead Revolution?
Red Dead Retribution?
Red Dead Remooned?

Red Dead Revenge Cougar

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Fuzz posted:

Red Dead Revenge?
Red Dead Revisited?
Red Dead Returns?
Red Dead Revolution?
Red Dead Retribution?
Red Dead Remooned?

Redder Deadder Redemptionest.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Dead Dead Revolution

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Fuzz posted:

Red Dead Revenge?
Red Dead Revisited?
Red Dead Returns?
Red Dead Revolution?
Red Dead Retribution?
Red Dead Remooned?

Retribution would be good. I'd like something set earlier - maybe the 1840's even.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Red Dead Revengeance :getin:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Iron Horse?!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Darth Brooks posted:

Retribution would be good. I'd like something set earlier - maybe the 1840's even.

The most obvious era is right after the Civil War. You'll play some non-slave owning ex-Confederate trying to get revenge on Union troops who did (insert crime here) to your family.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

The most obvious era is right after the Civil War. You'll play some non-slave owning ex-Confederate trying to get revenge on Union troops who did (insert crime here) to your family.

Hell on wheels redemption.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Party Plane Jones posted:

Red Dead Outlaw Josie Wales ?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Red Dead Reunion
Red Dead Reunification
Red Dead Resupply
Red Dead Radical
Red Dead Rascals
Red Dead Rasputin
Red Dead Rollercoaster
Red Dead Rapstar

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Darth Brooks posted:

Red Dead Oregon Trail

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Peas and Rice posted:

Red Dead Oregon Trail

Red Dead Redysentery

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Red Dead Reich (THOSE DAMNED JEWS!)

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Philip J Fry posted:

Red Dead Reich (THOSE DAMNED JEWS!)

gently caress yeah! Herbert Moon at the protagonist.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Hold X to deliver elaborate conspiracy :words:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Griffon posted:

Hopefully this one will wonder on to my PC.

It never will. Rockstar's said as much too. I would re-purchase it if it got a PC rerelease, but it's never meant to be.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

CopywrightMMXI posted:

gently caress yeah! Herbert Moon at the protagonist.

Red Dead Reservoir Dogs.

Herbert Moon: "I'm stuck in the middle with Jews.
And I don't know what it is I should do.
I'm so scared their bank'll take over my place.
I keep seeing big noses on every face.
K*kes to the left of me, Jewelers to the right, and I'm... Stuck in the middle with Jews."

Note: I don't believe any of that poo poo, it just came to me with all the Herbert Moon chat. :tinfoil:

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Herbert Moon: Everyone's favourite anti-semite shop keeper and ape-poo poo town-murderer.

EDIT: Red Dead Dave (:effort:)

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Half of me hopes that the next protagonist is Clyde Beetle. "HEY JOHN REMEMBER ME!? I'M CLYDE BEETLE!"

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Looks like they just put out a patch today:

quote:

Fixed a number of commonly-reported exploits, including rapid fire, map escapes, and invincibility through throw-canceling.
Added additional mod/cheat detection
Removed GameSpy support, which has the following effects in-game:
Removed in-game news.
Removed in-game leaderboards.
Removed in-game comparisons with other players.
Removed in-game Social Club.
Unlocked all Social Club content, which has the following effects in-game:
Marshals skin pack unlocked in multiplayer
Unlocked Social Club unlock bonuses for Story Mode: Deadly Assassin Outfit, Warhorse, and Golden Guns
Unlocked all cheats and power-ups from Social Club Website (http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr/cheatunlocks)
Donkey Rider Cheat
Increase Bounty Cheat
Change Weather Cheat
Bad Guy Cheat
Dead Eye Level 1
Dead Eye Level 2
So-So Guy Cheat
Unlocked all cheats and power-ups rewarded for completing 2/3 objectives in a Social Club Challenge. (http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr/cheatunlocks)
Dead Eye Level 3 Cheat
Gun Set 3 Cheat
Guns Blazing Cheat
Rise Up Cheat
Every Shot Counts Cheat
Right to Bear Arms Cheat
Gun Set 4 Cheat
Punchout Cheat
Beastmaster Cheat
Clear Bounty Cheat
PSN/Xbox LIVE avatars (http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/xpchallenge)
Posse T-shirt
Genlteman's Attire Outfit
Gentleman's attire
High Stakes poker room in Blackwater becomes available only while wearing the Gentleman's attire.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

In a funny case of art imitating life, Herbert Moon's voice actor recently got fired from his radio job for being a racist rear end in a top hat.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Stare-Out posted:

In a funny case of art imitating life, Herbert Moon's voice actor recently got fired from his radio job for being a racist rear end in a top hat.

I laughed way too hard at this, but I'm not sure if this is a joke, so forgive me. Tt wasn't Herbert Moon's actor...

It was the Armadillo gunsmith's actor.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Morter posted:

I laughed way too hard at this, but I'm not sure if this is a joke, so forgive me. Tt wasn't Herbert Moon's actor...

It was the Armadillo gunsmith's actor.

Herbert Moon was voiced by Anthony Cumia of Opie & Anthony fame, who was fired for a godawfully racist rant on Twitter after he photographed someone who didn't want to be photographed, and a violent outburst ensued.

http://aattp.org/opie-and-anthony-co-host-fired-for-unbelievably-racist-rant-on-twitter-screenshots/

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

You can't fire me, I'm HERBERT MOOOOOOOON

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Peas and Rice posted:

Herbert Moon was voiced by Anthony Cumia of Opie & Anthony fame, who was fired for a godawfully racist rant on Twitter after he photographed someone who didn't want to be photographed, and a violent outburst ensued.

http://aattp.org/opie-and-anthony-co-host-fired-for-unbelievably-racist-rant-on-twitter-screenshots/

Oh I get it, I'm being hosed with.

Also, I oddly enough can not find neither credits for Herbert Moon nor Jeb Murphy anywhere in the credits. But for some reason IMDB conflates Herbert Moon with the "Gun Store Employee", which is truly not the case. I've had the game since launch, and I can clearly recognize Cumia's voice in the gunsmith instantly. Herbert Moon is someone else.

Morter fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 11, 2014

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

If you click the "Gun Store Employee" link on IMDb it goes to Herbert Moon's character page. Also the Red Dead wiki lists Cumia as Moon's voice actor. Maybe not 100% reliable but until I see otherwise, I want to believe he voiced Moon because it's kind of beautiful that way.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

But can John wear all the outfits yet? Cause gently caress playing as Jack to wear a couple of 'em that are locked to his stupid face.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Capn Beeb posted:

But can John wear all the outfits yet? Cause gently caress playing as Jack to wear a couple of 'em that are locked to his stupid face.

No, some of them don't unlock until after story completion. And therefore....yeah. The Army Outfit, for example, doesn't even exist until after you beat the game.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Morter posted:

Oh I get it, I'm being hosed with.

Also, I oddly enough can not find neither credits for Herbert Moon nor Jeb Murphy anywhere in the credits. But for some reason IMDB conflates Herbert Moon with the "Gun Store Employee", which is truly not the case. I've had the game since launch, and I can clearly recognize Cumia's voice in the gunsmith instantly. Herbert Moon is someone else.

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0410867/?ref_=fn_al_ch_1

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

No, some of them don't unlock until after story completion. And therefore....yeah. The Army Outfit, for example, doesn't even exist until after you beat the game.

Sucks, considering John was wearing them in the preview images :(

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Man, I still keep having new things happen in this game. Took a nightwatch job in Chuparosa and the stupid dog got run over by the train.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Philip J Fry posted:

Looks like they just put out a patch today:
Fixed a number of commonly-reported exploits, including rapid fire, map escapes, and invincibility through throw-canceling.

Whoa whoa whoa. Does this mean that I can no longer full-auto my High Powered, Double Action or Mauser? If so that is...disappointing.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

:confused:Alternate Names: Gun Store Employee :confused:

I'm not trying to be combative, but you realize Herbert Moon isn't the same as the Armadillo Gunsmith? The latter, his voice is easily recognizable as Cumia's. Herbert Moon has a completely different voice and nothing--not even the credits--lists that Cumia does Moon's voice.

My point is whoever put Cumia as Moon's voice actor in the imdb and the wikia is wrong.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Morter posted:

:confused:Alternate Names: Gun Store Employee :confused:

I'm not trying to be combative, but you realize Herbert Moon isn't the same as the Armadillo Gunsmith? The latter, his voice is easily recognizable as Cumia's. Herbert Moon has a completely different voice and nothing--not even the credits--lists that Cumia does Moon's voice.

My point is whoever put Cumia as Moon's voice actor in the imdb and the wikia is wrong.

Holy poo poo dude are you blind?

"Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (2010) (VG) Played by Anthony Cumia"

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Holy poo poo dude are you blind?

"Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (2010) (VG) Played by Anthony Cumia"

Holy poo poo dude are you deaf?

1) This 2) guy does not sound like this guy. Anthony Cumia has a distinct voice, and Herbert Moon he is not. Having listened to the O&A show for 8+ years, I'm confident that the unsourced credit on IMDB is incorrect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
As someone who works in television post-production, yeah you hafta be careful with IMDB sometimes. It's barely a step up from Wikipedia in my opinion. On rare occasions sometimes Wikipedia has even better credit info than IMDB.

• Locked thread