Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It would be worth noting that the second 360 metatag is actually Red Dead Goons, with spaces. Also it looks like RedDeadGoons2 and RedxDeadxGoons still have spots available.

Also cougars. gently caress them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kin posted:

Objectively, compared to the previous rockstar sandbox games, there isn't that much in this, which is why you've got a lot of people easilly 100%ing it within a week or two of owning it.

The towns are very small and at most contain the same shops with the same wares as every other place and all of the distance between them is vacant desert with a spot of wildlife running about.

The missions were good, and the hunting simlator is not bad, but just about everything else is passable at best.

I don't know. I don't think the game has less than the GTA games at all. I think the reason more people are 100%ing it has more to do with the fact that there aren't any bullshit hidden packages/pigeons etc. Sure, there's the herb collecting and the hunting, but there's nothing that makes you follow a map guide step by step, only to find out that you've missed one along the way, and now have 243/244 bullshit collection items.

I know that's why I've never bothered completing a GTA game before, anyway.

E: Also to the people above me talking about glitches, that really sucks. So far I've played a poo poo ton out of this game, and the only glitches I've experienced have only served to further my enjoyment with the game. For instance, doing the Tumbleweed gang hideout for the first time, John Marston randomly took off like a rocket ship and flew 3 or 4 hundred yards away, kicking and screaming the whole time. I thought for sure I was dead, but John just got up, dusted himself off, and made his way back to Tumbleweed to continue killin' bandits.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 29, 2010

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

5er posted:

99.4% complete. loving hell. I'm pretty sure according to guides I've seen that last bit of percent is probably tied up in doing bounties, which I largely dropped soon as I got in Mexico. So much loving around, and a compulsive wildlife killing/skinning routine saw me crossing the border with $15,000, so I wasn't hurting for money.

I wish there was something simple that could tell me what I was missing.

If you link with the social club, they have a pretty simple 100% checklist. Some of the stuff is glitched, but if you know you've done all the strangers and missions, it shouldn't be an issue. It seems to be working to check all the bounty locations, AFAIK.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Morter posted:

So does the social club 100% thing fully function yet? Cause I"m taking a look at it now and while it accurately says I have 93.3% done, it says I only discovered 6 locations out of 94, and have done no strangers or ambient challenges. This is my first time looking at it.

If it's still on the fritz, then it's okay, but if someone's got it working without a glitch, do I have to wait a while before looking again or something?

It's still buggy as hell, but for me at least, it seems to have updated most everything. I mentioned before stranger missions, and it seems to be the only thing that hasn't registered for some reason. But if you check out the info buttons on the website, it does mention that some of the stuff is still glitchy and they are working on it.

It did take like 3 or 4 days for the social site to start working for me though, and FWIW it has never recognized that I own The Lost and the Damned or the Ballad of Gay Tony, and while it will display my achievements for GTA4, it refuses to update any of my stats past the very first mission. So while the social club website is a really cool idea, it's a bit too janky to be all that useful at this point.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

This game is too shallow, too short and too buggy and doesn't begin to engage even the standard "~10% of neurons" within my giant brain. If you're enjoying it, you're a literal child and you should probably put down the bong and controller to collect your unemployment-check/GED/compressed-air-inhalants and try to get a new start on life where you aren't so obviously a low-brow mouth-breathing mongoloid.
Well chap I dare say that I disagree with you. Perhaps this could be settled with a gentlemen's duel? *tips hat*

Just got my 100% last night, and to be honest, the only thing that I'm a little disappointed was that there was never a town siege mission. Armadillo was such a perfect little setting, throughout the whole first act I kept expecting one of the Marshall missions to be him running up and saying that the Walton gang will be rolling into to town or something like that.

Cue dramatic music as you, Marshall, and the couple deputies set up on top of the buildings while the shopkeepers close up shop and tumbleweed drifts through the street. I just can't believe that with all the western stuff they crammed into the game, there was not a single mission like this.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

MissileWaster posted:

I picked up this game again over Easter, it was only $30 brand new at GameStop for the GotY edition.

I beat the main game 100% a few weeks ago, finals have kept me from playing too much Undead Nightmare, last thing I was doing was trying to find the Death horse to finish up the Four Horses challenge. Anyone have any tips for doing it? I really want the Legend of the Apocalypse outfit :saddowns:

I wish Rockstar would start putting a 'New Game +' option in their games. Giving you a bunch of cool stuff for completing various tasks or accomplishing tedious sidequests would be for fun if you could start a new game with all that stuff available from the get go.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Peas and Rice posted:

Yeah, I'm one and a half more "cycles" through to get my Zonkey, and I couldn't be bothered at this point. I've missed both of the 4x XP weekends because I was on vacation at the time and even 3x XP just seems way too slow.

I realized I'm still missing the "create a posse and get 8 members" achievement from the original game. Would there be any interest in an all-goon XBL posse day in the next couple of weeks?

I'm totally down. I've been replaying mostly the single player but I would gently caress around with some goons in multiplayer. GT is Doctor Nutt.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

embitca posted:

A Cowboys and Aliens DLC would be amaaaazing.

Considering the length of R*'s typical dev cycle, I'd be happy if RDR never gets a sequel as long as they put out sweet Undead-esque expansions every one or two years.

Really glad I finally started playing the multiplayer, because there is some really great stuff there and it feels incredibly unique.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

embitca posted:

I just ordered the Undead Expansion :)

It was great playing with you guys last night! I love the multiplayer! Makes me glad my niece bought a copy of the game after I sold mine.

Likewise. I'm planning on getting some bourbon and playing more this evening for a more authentic Red Dead experience. Tarnation!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

blackguy32 posted:

Ive already unlocked everything I really wanted to unlock in the multiplayer so I won't be going legendary or anything. I just need to jump back in and posse up with some people.

What's your gt? I'll probably be playing a lot in the next couple days, at least until Max Payne 3 hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Doctor Butts posted:

I'd like to do this someday, GT is Doctor Butts

Even if that weren't the case, I feel obligated to send you a friend request now.

• Locked thread