Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad

Dr Snofeld posted:

Isn't that the same mod that includes the spell Summon Cheese Atronach?

Yeah Midas Magik. It actually owns though and you don't have to create the retarded spells unless you really want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad
I've been playing TCOM Oblivion for about 75 hours and can't picture myself quitting anytime soon. Like was said in the OP, if you don't feel like loving around and trying to find mods that are compatible as well as good, just install TCOM and go from there. I'd kind of like to get recommendations on good TCOM compatible mods from people who've played a bunch of TCOM and added new mods to their games.
Also, I can't seem to impale knocked down dudes or do stealth sneak attacks with deadly reflexes. What are the commands to do those?

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad

KakerMix posted:

Mine did this also, the problem was Qarl's textures, not any .esp mod at all. Disable Qarls in OBMM and go to the waterfront, see if it is any better (it will be, by a lot)

Yeah the Qarls texture packs are really really system intensive. I have a good mid range computer and it was just overkill on a already resource hungry game. Disabling or just not installing them is really the way to go, I don't miss the increased texture resolution one bit. It's not like the vanilla textures are that bad to begin with. I don't know about Unique Landscapes, I don't have them installed because they conflict with TCOM but I seem to remember there being some way to get them to work with it.

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad

Akoogly Eyes posted:

The shield bash button is used for those. You should have gotten a few windows in game asking you to bind some keys that Deadly Reflex uses after you installed the mod.

Ah OK. I almost never shield bash or dodge at all so I guess I overlooked it.

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad
lol here we go:
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4573

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad
I've taken a break from playing for a month and decided to play tonight. I've been needing to reformat my hard drive but have held off for fear of having to configure TCOM again. It's worth it though.

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad
OK I'm reformatting my hard drive and dreading having to install TCOM again. I just backed up my entire oblivion directory and my saves/config directory. Is it wishful thinking that after I reformat I can just drag, drop, and play?

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad
OK so I reformatted my computer. I backed up my entire Oblivion directory (including all the mods, configs, and saves) leaving the directory structure completely intact. However, I didn't back up the registry keys and settings. My best guess is that it would take far more work to get it all going by screwing around with making all the backed up poo poo work than it would if I just redid everything from scratch.

I still have the untouched TCOM pack which I downloaded on 5/4 on my disk so I guess that's the current version. Are there any mods contained in it that have gotten important updates since then and should I use them instead of the versions in the TCOM pack?

Gumball Dad fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 22, 2010

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad
Is there a limit to how many items can be stored in any of the random chests/containers in the game? I've got 80 hours worth of items in my inventory and my astral chest that I want to organize because I'm tired of the game taking 2 minutes to open up my inventory menus. I'm putting stuff in the various containers in Jorland Manor, which is a house that the Zealots of the Nine mod adds and I just want to make sure all my hard won loot won't disappear or anything.

Remember, I'm playing with TCOM if that makes a difference.

Gumball Dad fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Aug 29, 2010

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad

SheepNameKiller posted:

You're not supposed to put anything in random chests, there's no guarantee that it won't all disappear in a few days time. Generally chests at houses that you own are safe to store things in, but random chests especially those with respawning loot will purge all your poo poo during a respawn.

So shoving stuff into cupboards and chests inside my house is safe? No limit on how much stuff I can cram in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad

SheepNameKiller posted:

I'd love to put a personal guarantee on this one but I've had some stuff disappear from some containers (like the lectern) at Battlehorn Castle. I think there are some containers that do not respawn and some that do. I think generally, personal chests in owned houses do not. There's no limit to putting stuff in something if you can be reasonably sure that it won't respawn.

drat. In that case the house that the Zealots of the Nine mod adds in probably isn't safe. While it is a personal house, there's poo poo in all the containers when you get there so they probably respawn. I really need a house with lots of containers but I can't afford to buy any of them from the town leaders. Maybe I'll just go do the Frostcrag Spire poo poo.

• Locked thread