Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

7. Little Dieter Needs to Fly - Continuing the Herzog slot with a documentary. I've heard that I absolutely need to see this from an old friend who I spoke to last month who I highly trust about movies. Also, criticker had a weird period of recommending this and the Powell/Pressburger The Life and Times of Colonel Blimp whenever I would pull it up for a while.

I have never heard of most of these movies, so I used a random number generator for you! :downs: It chose #7. Enjoy? Here's my list, basically going off of the IMDB top 250 and a few movies friends have told me to watch. As a note, I'm the kind of person where I love watching movies where I know absolutely nothing about the plot beforehand, as in not even liking to see a trailer beforehand.

Inception - Heard good things about it when it came out but have never gotten around to watching it. I enjoy everything I've seen by Nolan and I loved Gordon-Levitt in Brick. Main stuff has already been semi-spoiled for me by friends talking about it and pop-culture.

Goodfellas - All I know about this movie is Joe Pesci gets brutally murdered and that's enough to make me interested.

Seven Samurai - I know nothing about this film besides the fact it has samurai's and it's great.

City of God - Have heard fantastic things about it, it's set in Brazil I think? gently caress if I know anything else.

Once Upon a Time in the West - It's a good Western, I like Westerns.

Leon: The Professional - About a hitman, has a young Natalie Portman. Don't know anything else besides the fact it's apparently a classic.

Once Upon a Time in America - A friend told me to watch it like a week ago, I have literally not one clue what this movie is about but I trust his recommendation.

Citizen Kane - I have just never gotten around to watching this, but I know it has a titanic reputation.

I think that's a good list for now, I'll add more as I think of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Electronico6 posted:

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier God needs a spaceship or something

Random number generator chose this! Enjoy.

I just watched Leon the Professional and goddamn what a film. I sat in rapt attention the entire time, even if certain themes were... uncomfortable to say the least. The character development was fantastic, and most of the actors blew me away. Here's my updated list:

Inception - Heard good things about it when it came out but have never gotten around to watching it. I enjoy everything I've seen by Nolan and I loved Gordon-Levitt in Brick. Main stuff has already been semi-spoiled for me by friends talking about it and pop-culture.

Goodfellas - All I know about this movie is Joe Pesci gets brutally murdered and that's enough to make me interested.

Seven Samurai - I know nothing about this film besides the fact it has samurai's and it's great.

City of God - Have heard fantastic things about it, it's set in Brazil I think? gently caress if I know anything else.

Once Upon a Time in the West - It's a good Western, I like Westerns.

Chinatown - Jack Nicholson? Good enough for me.

Once Upon a Time in America - A friend told me to watch it like a week ago, I have literally not one clue what this movie is about but I trust his recommendation.

Citizen Kane - I have just never gotten around to watching this, but I know it has a titanic reputation.

Eraserhead - Apparently it's a nice ol' mindfuck.