Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

bad movie knight posted:

8. Touch of Evil: We watched the brilliant opening shot in film class, but apparently Professor Hoity-Toity didn't think the rest of the film was as good. Keep meaning to finish it, never get around to finishing it.

You're in the same exact boat as me on this one.

1) Casablanca: At this point I doubt I will be as impressed with this movie as AFI keeps telling me I should be. . . Although I really, really enjoyed Citizen Kane.

2) Every Hitchcock movie except Rear Window: Rear Window was great. I've seen snippets of practically everything else and keep hearing The Birds is over-rated. Still, Hitchcock's trailer for The Birds is amazing. I have a couple on my Netflix queue but they are about fifty slots down.

3) The Exorcist: I think I watched the first hour of this and it was really boring. Am I thinking of the right movie?

4) The French Connection: To be fair, this is on my Netflix list at #13. To be unfair, I keep bumping everything down for new releases, bad horror movies, and Asian epics.

5) An American Werewolf in London: Keeping getting told this is a must-see. Haven't yet.

6) Blue Velvet: In honor of Dennis Hopper, I have to see this.

7) Chinatown: That's right, I've never watched Chinatown. I just know he has bad issues with his nose and some thugs.

8) Raging Bull: I'd have probably seen this by now if I wasn't so sick of Robert De Niro.

9) The Maltese Falcon: This has been on my kinda-wanna list forever.

10) Touch of Evil: Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

OneThousandMonkeys, you didn't recommend a movie to Bedevere

Fixed and PM'd.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Vernon, Florida sounds good. I need to watch more Morris myself.

I would just like to report that I was assigned Chinatown last June and I finally watched it. It was great. I may actually have to watch it a couple more times. Also, to be fair, I've seen many of the other ten movies that I listed almost a year ago now. Here is my updated list:

The Birds

Week-End

Raging Bull

The Maltese Falcon

Touch of Evil

The Seventh Seal

Five Easy Pieces

Barry Lyndon

Aguirre: The Wrath of God

The Deer Hunter

I have nothing really to note about any of these other than that I think I have constructed a pretty eclectic list of good movies I haven't seen.