Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Jay Dub posted:

2) Cidade de Deus: Just about everyone I went to film school with swore by City of God and overhyped it to the point where I simply wasn't interested anymore. It's one that I'm sure is worth watching, but has always been a really low priority.

drat beaten. Zogo you need to watch 12 Angry Men, it's a loving awesome movie. Follow it up with The Verdict if you enjoy it.

It's a great movie, so I'm picking it for you.

Stuff I've been putting off

The Virgin Spring
Aguirre wrath of God
Fitzcarraldo
The Conversation
Dog Day Afternoon
Five Easy Pieces
Chinatown
Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More

I have every intention on seeing all of these eventually, I just never really got around to it and need to see one of them other than they're great films.

SneakySneaks fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
Alright I watched Aguirre last night and really enjoyed it. Herzog really knows how to make isolated jungle pieces extremely well. It's not going to be one of my favorite movies but I'm sure glad I saw it. Loved Kinski, but I still think Herzog cannot direct action sequences (I've seen Bad Lt., Rescue Dawn, all his recent docs, and Nosferatu) but he handles emotion extremely well. His movies all have great cinematography to boot.

For Noxville watch Come and See, I've been meaning to see it too and will watch it if you like it.

I still need to see any Tarkovsky film, I've only seen Andrei Rublev and I really enjoyed it.
Night of the Hunter
Amelie
Spartacus
Barry Lyndon
Amadeus
Network
Nashville
Dog Day Afternoon

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
Alright I've been a bad CD poster and I took forever to watch Amelie, but I loved it so I guess that makes up for my tardiness. It was a very good flick and it was nice that I was given a film to watch that wasn't horrifically depressing (sorry Noxville).

Anyway here's my list

Solaris (Tarkovsky)
Stalker
Night of the Hunter
Spartacus
Barry Lyndon
Amadeus
Network
Nashville
Dog Day Afternoon

EDIT: \/\/\/\/ poo poo, I knew I was forgetting something.

Blakout you need to watch Vertigo. If you post here you need to see at least on Hitchcock film.

SneakySneaks fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 21, 2010