Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Haha that line is the best one so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

JosephWongKS posted:

They are similar in adorableness, to be sure. I just hope Ryoichi doesn't also electrocute you when he's throwing a tantrum.

Similarly, I hope you put pants on the kid, atleast when your transporting him via your head.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
New chapter: http://www.onemanga.com/Beelzebub/65/

It isn't g gundam models this time, honest!

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Somehow I don't think Oga is going to give a drat about what Miki is saying.

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010

alkanphel posted:

Somehow I don't think anyone is going to give a drat about what Miki is saying.

fixed.

kid's annoying as hell

Tricerapowerbottom
Jun 16, 2008

WILL MY PONY RECOGNIZE MY VOICE IN HELL
- FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

- Dah.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Baby Beel got pretty drat pissed off there.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oga's ninja skills are wonderful.

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

Fancy sweater vests for all!
baby be'el gets so angry about Miki, there has to be a reason for it. Also loved Himekawa's transformation into a bishie.

The more important thing, seems we may get a bit of a glimpse at what the overall story will progress into with there being a demon somewhere in the school.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kave posted:

The more important thing, seems we may get a bit of a glimpse at what the overall story will progress into with there being a demon somewhere in the school.

I don't think I'd be dissapointed if this series went the Gash bell route.

ramensoupa
Sep 25, 2004
C'mon yall the tv's about to come back on!

Pyronic posted:

just sayin', he's got a penis on his head.

He definitely wasn't lying about the baby dong.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/beelzebub/v07/c066/

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

With how crazy this series is, I can't even be sure if Oga is protecting him or if he really doesn't know who he is.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Hah, I just noticed the alt-title in Vietnamese for this series -- "Vua Quy" -- it basically means "Demon King". How direct!

I'll bet Oga's just pretending or something, driving him away so he doesn't get hurt. Although it'd be pretty hilarious if he really didn't know him!

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

DrSunshine posted:

Although it'd be pretty hilarious if he really didn't know him!
That is more like the Oga I know!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's almost certainly amnesia hi-jinks, sadly. I love how brutal Oga is, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There is something funny going on here. Oga was acting terribly unlike himself in this chapter. Going out of his way to help someone, then complimenting him? That's just weird. However, after he seemed to forget the kid he started acting more like his usual self.

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010
Was this the first chapter without baby Beel? If so, that's one of the reasons why I didn't enjoy it.

Tricerapowerbottom
Jun 16, 2008

WILL MY PONY RECOGNIZE MY VOICE IN HELL

antavila posted:

Was this the first chapter without baby Beel? If so, that's one of the reasons why I didn't enjoy it.

Same here :o:

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Not a suggestive U shape in the least.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I don't think Oga ever even looked at Miki for that whole chapter, until Miki actively started trying to get his attention.

He's so absent-minded that Miki to him was probably just another cringing victim near some people he could beat up.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Oga actually not recognizing him seems too obvious for such a long drawn out joke. I hope it's something else. On the other hand, cop out happy ending where he's being a hero is also pretty lame.

Jobe
Dec 31, 2005
The key is to think like Oga. Some kid with a bandage on his face comes up and says he's your friend. Neither of the 2 people you hang out with had bandages on their faces = no idea who this new guy is.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
That's enough speculation! http://www.onemanga.com/Beelzebub/66/01/

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Jobe posted:

The key is to think like Oga. Some kid with a bandage on his face comes up and says he's your friend. Neither of the 2 people you hang out with had bandages on their faces = no idea who this new guy is.

This is way better than anything else proposed.

Sir Lucius posted:

That's enough speculation! http://www.onemanga.com/Beelzebub/66/01/

My friend, you're behind on the times.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Oga obviously has some tolerance for friendship otherwise he wouldn't have Furuichi around all the time. I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination to believe that he had two friends back in middle school.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Does anyone know this manga's update schedule? I've just read the last page of 66, and I'm dying for more.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Does anyone know this manga's update schedule? I've just read the last page of 66, and I'm dying for more.

its a Jump series, so, weekly.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

kidcoelacanth posted:

its a Jump series, so, weekly.

And the scans are as prompt as the updates? Just wondering here; for all wwe know, the scanner might take a break or something.

What? It happened with Franken Fran.

EDIT: Though in that case, asking about update dates wouldn't matter. Guess I'll wait for next week then.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CommissarMega posted:

And the scans are as prompt as the updates? Just wondering here; for all wwe know, the scanner might take a break or something.

They stay up to date. The chapter is out usually sometime over the weekend

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

CommissarMega posted:

What? It happened with Franken Fran.

EDIT: Though in that case, asking about update dates wouldn't matter. Guess I'll wait for next week then.
Yeah there's no way to know if there's no scan. You'll only find out when the scans don't come.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Beelzebub Anime Special on the Jump Super Anime Tour

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

New Beelzebub

Ahhhh did he beat Miki or not? At first I thought he did with how Furuichi was speaking, but him instantly wanting to fight Toujou makes me think he lost and he wants to get stronger now.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
"Next chapter, Oga figures out a new finisher in the middle of a fight!"

I love this manga.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?

Kave posted:

New Beelzebub

Ahhhh did he beat Miki or not? At first I thought he did with how Furuichi was speaking, but him instantly wanting to fight Toujou makes me think he lost and he wants to get stronger now.

Chances are he beat Miki. This whole time he's been looking for somebody stronger than him to take Be'el off his hands, and it doesn't make sense that he'd he upset he finally lost.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Tiramisu posted:

Chances are he beat Miki. This whole time he's been looking for somebody stronger than him to take Be'el off his hands, and it doesn't make sense that he'd he upset he finally lost.

It's already clear that Beel doesn't want Miki for whatever reason. 'Anyone but him' remember?

Wong Dongson
Mar 26, 2010

More like Wrong Dongson am I right?

Get it?

Because I'm really fucking dumb and annoying and usually have no idea what the fuck I'm talk about.
It's getting fairly impossible to take a bitch fight with random high schoolers seriously when the loving demon powered rear end in a top hat that can blow up a school with one punch is waiting around for the plot to let him be strong again while losing. I mean come the gently caress on, the guy was fighting demons before he had super-powers, I'm supposed to care about high school nazis and their inexplicable evil?

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Wong Dongson posted:

It's getting fairly impossible to take a bitch fight with random high schoolers seriously when the loving demon powered rear end in a top hat that can blow up a school with one punch is waiting around for the plot to let him be strong again while losing. I mean come the gently caress on, the guy was fighting demons before he had super-powers, I'm supposed to care about high school nazis and their inexplicable evil?

Well to be fair, Oga doesn't care about it either. He's just trying to find someone to take Beel from him and is getting side-tracked by a good fight.

Wong Dongson
Mar 26, 2010

More like Wrong Dongson am I right?

Get it?

Because I'm really fucking dumb and annoying and usually have no idea what the fuck I'm talk about.
Here is what should have happened: They'd give him poo poo about polluting their school with grody delinquentness, and then he'd blow up their loving school and laugh. Because he's a bastard, and that is the entire purpose of his existence. Instead he's just....loving around. Waiting for the plot to catch up to the point where he gets to be as strong as we've seen him in the past, and actually be a bastard again.

The entire reason he got the kid in the first place is because he was torturing some guy near to death and laughing in the beginning of the manga. They are taking their character and making him act against type to push an uninteresting plot.

Bad form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bestial Acts
Jan 24, 2007

what do you mean you forgot the chicken nuggets
You have to remember, Oga doesn't want the power and responsibility he got from Beelzebub. His plan is to be less evil until he can pass it off to someone else, and then he'll go straight back to the way he was.

• Locked thread