Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I'm confused as to why Oga isn't punching anyone. Then again, it's entirely likely that he doesn't give a poo poo about any of this.

At least some melodrama was averted entirely with the boys' awesome memory. I just hope we're not heading into Reborn territory here. An evil organization suddenly appearing is usually straight-up code for "generic shounen time."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
It's entirely possible that this "Behemoth" is not an organization, but is instead an individual vying for the throne.

Meningism
Dec 31, 2008

Fuego Fish posted:

You do know how royal succession works, right?

Beyond "first-born child inheriting everything"? Sure, that's the traditional system but are you telling me you've never heard of a bunch of potential heirs having to battle it out/complete some test in order to prove that they are the most worthy?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Meningism posted:

Beyond "first-born child inheriting everything"? Sure, that's the traditional system but are you telling me you've never heard of a bunch of potential heirs having to battle it out/complete some test in order to prove that they are the most worthy?

Standard practice in the Ottoman Empire - in fact, the winner by tradition had to put to death all his siblings, whether they wanted the throne or not (because of this, they all wanted the throne).

But I assume he was talking about how the first monarch with a given name will be the first, the second the second, &c., i.e., Elizabeth I & Elizabeth II. However, even if this is how Hell's monarchical naming conventions work, I think that one generally chooses one's royal name upon accession, and at that time the appropriate ordinal is assigned.

You know, that's enough of that. He has the IV because it makes his name longer and therefore fancier. And because IV is the coolest roman numeral. The mangaka might later add significance to this, but I'm not holding my breath.

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010
What the eff, no chapter this week?

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

antavila posted:

What the eff, no chapter this week?

There was a chapter this week so I imagine a translation should show up soon

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
There's a chapter, but Keishou scans is the one usually taking care of it and they haven't put any scans out in a week. The Kenichi thread is also missing an update.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/beelzebub/v07/c081/

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Hilda, you're a man?! How strange for the best line to come from someone other than Furuichi.

Custodes
Jan 3, 2003
"I changed my mind, screw waiting." Beelzebub's dad is the best lord of Hell ever.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
New Chapter

bondster
May 6, 2007

Just to let yall know Furuichi just saved humanity.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

bondster posted:

Just to let yall know Furuichi just saved humanity.

At the end of the series it'll be revealed that Furuichi has been the chess-master behind everything and everyone.

Meningism
Dec 31, 2008
Man, Bel is such a prick; truly Oga's son. Glad to see the power of vidjagames won out in the end, though. BIO HUSBAND.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

LightWarden posted:

New Chapter

Thanks for the heads-up.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Meningism posted:

Man, Bel is such a prick; truly Oga's son. Glad to see the power of vidjagames won out in the end, though. BIO HUSBAND.
PLAY STEPHANY 2

Good setup chapter anyway.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/beelzebub/v07/c083/

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/beelzebub/v07/c083/

:swoon:

"Baby Beel: sing. I don't care what it is, it doesn't even have to make sense, just do it."

Awesome chapter. It seems like it's setting up to really become a battle manga now. Exciting stuff. I'm sure, however, that this author has the chops not to succumb to "Bleach syndrome" so it won't degenerate. At least, I hope.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

DrSunshine posted:

:swoon:

"Baby Beel: sing. I don't care what it is, it doesn't even have to make sense, just do it."

Awesome chapter. It seems like it's setting up to really become a battle manga now. Exciting stuff. I'm sure, however, that this author has the chops not to succumb to "Bleach syndrome" so it won't degenerate. At least, I hope.

I have the same hope. My main thought while reading this chapter, though, was that I really, really hope Kunieda doesn't become your generic damsel in distress. It's not so much that Kunieda has done anything in particular (to my memory) to distinguish herself from the pack of shounen battle manga girls, but that this manga has thrown off or twisted so many tropes that I'd hate to see it succumb to this one.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I have the same hope. My main thought while reading this chapter, though, was that I really, really hope Kunieda doesn't become your generic damsel in distress. It's not so much that Kunieda has done anything in particular (to my memory) to distinguish herself from the pack of shounen battle manga girls, but that this manga has thrown off or twisted so many tropes that I'd hate to see it succumb to this one.

I hope that this contract or whatever comes through, but she beats him down and he becomes an unwilling ally when she's feeling better.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Comic posted:

I hope that this contract or whatever comes through, but she beats him down and he becomes an unwilling ally when she's feeling better.

That would be quite satisfying.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

My hope keeps dimishing, but the next few chapters will decide whether we're going the way of Reborn! or...some kind of comedy-turned-battle that actually works. There's never been one, but who knows. I just want Oga to start curb-stomping people. What is this dramatic tension nonsense in my Beelzebub?

I do take heart in the fact that Oga still refuses to go along with any of this.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Yinlock posted:

My hope keeps dimishing, but the next few chapters will decide whether we're going the way of Reborn! or...some kind of comedy-turned-battle that actually works. There's never been one, but who knows. I just want Oga to start curb-stomping people. What is this dramatic tension nonsense in my Beelzebub?

I do take heart in the fact that Oga still refuses to go along with any of this.

Oga remains an rear end in a top hat and there was a Furuichi x Alain Delon gag. Looks to me that it is staying the course.

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010
Could someone clarify something about Behemoth? My reading comprehension am not so gud.

So are they a rogue organization out to kill Beel and En for their own purposes or are they directly under the control of En? I ask because En seemed like he had to hide from them in this chapter but then Hilda said they're under direct order from the royal command.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

antavila posted:

Could someone clarify something about Behemoth? My reading comprehension am not so gud.

So are they a rogue organization out to kill Beel and En for their own purposes or are they directly under the control of En? I ask because En seemed like he had to hide from them in this chapter but then Hilda said they're under direct order from the royal command.
I think they're sort of like under the royal command but they have their own agenda. As you can already see from the ruler of Hell, they're all hosed up in the head anyway so logic doesn't always apply to them.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

antavila posted:

What I got from it was that although they're another branch of the army, they're more dedicated to the mission than the ruler. So if they decide that things aren't getting done fast enough, they see no problem with removing Baby Beel/En.

wutz
Oct 23, 2010

beelzebub 84 at somemanga

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
gently caress yeah, Oga continues to fight the normal shounen trends. I will be genuinely surprised if this doesn't result in Kunieda and Hilda forming a contract.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Overlord K posted:

gently caress yeah, Oga continues to fight the normal shounen trends. I will be genuinely surprised if this doesn't result in Kunieda and Hilda forming a contract.

Great minds think alike! That was my first thought too - could be really awesome if done right (which it will be, let's face it).

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Furuichi forming a contract with Alain Delon is the only way.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Chapter 85 here!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Dammit, I wanted to see Oga in serious mode!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Seemed very short. Aside from one headbutt, nothing much happened.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Yeah this is the best manga in Jump right now, this chapter sealed the deal.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I was worried this was going to become Bleach 2, but that last page made up for it.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Edge Zero posted:

Yeah this is the best manga in Jump right now, this chapter sealed the deal.

It's very close to this, yes. One Piece will always be the manga of my heart.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Izuma is more quarter or less demon I think rather than half.

Found it amusing that the scans for last week are coming out today. Better than no scans. Looking forward to more Toujou.

Meningism
Dec 31, 2008
As long as the funnies like on pg. 7 and 8 keep happening, this manga can do no wrong.

wutz
Oct 23, 2010

chapter 86

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Toujou is becoming cooler than Oga. A smoke clear right out of Dragon Ball Z. Instead of using these lightning punches he just needs to be punching stuff harder.

• Locked thread