Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Lots of excellent usernames in there tho'

I'm partial to "YOLO fanny pack"
"Fap chillwave" is also ace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

How many times is it even possible to get away with a brazen scam like that before your payment processor drops you? Surely it's in the single digits.

Maybe the actual scheme is hoping people reuse their email password when they register.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I ate too much crab and transformed into this.

infrared35 posted:

What's the barrel length?

4Ē the standard Iím fairly sure. Itís back home and I got another 6 weeks before I get back.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

Captain Log posted:

From their FAQ -
--------------------
SHIPPING
What Shipping Methods Are Available?

Ex Portland Pitchfork irure mustache. Eutra fap before they sold out literally. Aliquip ugh bicycle rights actually mlkshk, seitan squid craft beer tempor.

Do You Ship Internationally?

Hoodie tote bag mixtape tofu. Typewriter jean shorts wolf quinoa, messenger bag organic freegan cray.

How Long Will It Take To Get My Package?

Swag slow-carb quinoa VHS typewriter pork belly brunch, paleo single-origin coffee Wes Anderson. Flexitarian Pitchfork forage, literally paleo fap pour-over. Wes Anderson Pinterest YOLO fanny pack meggings, deep v XOXO chambray sustainable slow-carb raw denim church-key fap chillwave Etsy. +1 typewriter kitsch, American Apparel tofu Banksy Vice.
---------------

It just keeps going and going.

"Swag Slow Carb Quinoa" would be my gunfighter name.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22...w=1274&bih=1287

I wonder if this is actually intended as a scam or if these are some templates that a lot of people miss out on removing the placeholder text for their half-finished ecommerce/dropshipping website

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Captain Log posted:

Tag yourself Iím +1 typewriter kitsch.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Captain Log posted:

From their FAQ -
--------------------
SHIPPING
What Shipping Methods Are Available?

Ex Portland Pitchfork irure mustache. Eutra fap before they sold out literally. Aliquip ugh bicycle rights actually mlkshk, seitan squid craft beer tempor.

Do You Ship Internationally?

Hoodie tote bag mixtape tofu. Typewriter jean shorts wolf quinoa, messenger bag organic freegan cray.

How Long Will It Take To Get My Package?

Swag slow-carb quinoa VHS typewriter pork belly brunch, paleo single-origin coffee Wes Anderson. Flexitarian Pitchfork forage, literally paleo fap pour-over. Wes Anderson Pinterest YOLO fanny pack meggings, deep v XOXO chambray sustainable slow-carb raw denim church-key fap chillwave Etsy. +1 typewriter kitsch, American Apparel tofu Banksy Vice.
---------------

It just keeps going and going.

This is a treasure trove of New Band Name ideas for the running conversation I have with my guitarist buddy.

New Band Name: Hoodie Tote Bag Mixtape

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

Paleo Fap Pour-over: A portland based noise band that briefly got famous when the portland PD loaded up their latest bandcamp release in their sonic disrupter truck and caused a bunch of emergent loose bowels among protesters.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Log posted:

jean shorts wolf

I c u, Lone Wolf Distributors.

And yeah, some fantastic band names in there. Flexitarian Pitchfork. Church-Key Fap. Bicycle Rights, Actually.

infrared35 fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 6, 2021

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

There is literally too much comedy to process. Click on the website and read some of that poo poo. It just keeps going.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

I have a rifle with a muzzle device that was attached with rocksett. I have left it soaking in water several times now, and brownish film is starting to develop where the barrel meets the muzzle device, but the drat thing still will not budge, and I'm worried about twisting the receiver if I torque any harder.

Any suggestions, TFR? I'm open to anything at this point.

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

Dead Reckoning posted:

I have a rifle with a muzzle device that was attached with rocksett. I have left it soaking in water several times now, and brownish film is starting to develop where the barrel meets the muzzle device, but the drat thing still will not budge, and I'm worried about twisting the receiver if I torque any harder.

Any suggestions, TFR? I'm open to anything at this point.

Do you care about the muzzle device? If not you could always dremel it off (only half serious here).

If youíve left it to soak and itís still not loosening, how sure are you it was rocksett? I would try applying some heat. If you have a vice you can clamp the barrel between two sheets of leather and that way your not torquing the receiver.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Is the water hot? I put my barrel muzzle device-first in a pot of boiling water over the stove for 30 min and I was able to remove it.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

I'm quite confident it was rocksett, I want to keep the muzzle device, and I've already tried boiling water for 30 min. Maybe torch next to see if heat breaks it loose. It turned maybe 10į so far, but isn't moving further, so frankly I'm worried I've already damaged something/twisted the barrel.

E: I actually have padded vise jaws, they're just a hair too long for the available barrel.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 6, 2021

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

From what I understand about Rocksett is that just heat doesn't do the job. I think it's the water boiling that is the secret.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Yeah, I emailed flexibar and hot water was their suggestion. Guess I'll try round 3 of that. Starting to feel like the ordeal that was removing my AUG's muzzle device.

My concern is that the brown film is rust that's forming inside the threads and freezing it up more.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 6, 2021

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

Try some Kroil (or whatever penetrating oil you have on hand). If itís rust thatís frozen it then that may help. Just donít apply heat afterwards.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Yeah hot water should get you to a place to torque off the device. If you have a stainless barrel or a weird alloy device I suppose some kind of galling or galvanic corrosion might be possible, but that is a stretch really. It's possible it was just mechanically overtorque, but you can try the penetrating oil and work it back and forth to see if it's seized. If not back to the boiling water would be my advice.

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

Gunsmithing: when in doubt, lube it up and add heat.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

JRay88 posted:

Gunsmithing: when in doubt, lube it up and add heat pencils.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Double check that you aren't dealing with left hand threads.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Dip Viscous posted:

I didn't want to be the one to say it.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Dip Viscous posted:

Thats how I canted the front sight post on my first AK

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Dip Viscous posted:

They are LH threads. I've been turning it clockwise from facing the muzzle, so that should be correct.

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

Hey question about FFL transfer fees. I ordered a gun off gun broker and it arrived at my FFL damaged. The seller issued me a refund, but my FFL insisted on their $45 FFL fee before they would take any action. I didn't take ownership of the gun and they didn't run a background check on me. Do I have grounds for a chargeback or are they allowed to do that?

Spiderjelly fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 8, 2021

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

Their business their rules. It I would make it very clear they have lost my business and Iím telling everyone I know not to go there.

Edit: why did you pay before seeing the pistol/ filling out the 4473? What does your receipt say the charge was for?

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

JRay88 posted:

Their business their rules. It I would make it very clear they have lost my business and Iím telling everyone I know not to go there.

Edit: why did you pay before seeing the pistol/ filling out the 4473? What does your receipt say the charge was for?

Receipt is for "firearm transfer fee" I paid because they said their fee was for handling the gun on their side and they wouldn't send it back before I paid. I probably shouldn't have paid, but they were pushy with it and I'm stupid.

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

How did you pay? Debit or credit?

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

JRay88 posted:

How did you pay? Debit or credit?

Chase credit card

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

Spiderjelly posted:

Chase credit card

Awesome. Contact Chase and tell them you wish to dispute a charge on your account. Tell them that you paid for a service and the merchant has not completed that service, they charged you a fee to transfer an item and fill out some paperwork and that the item was returned to the original merchant and not actually transferred to you or the paperwork filed. They may ask you some more questions, and you may have to fill out/sign a form. Make sure you keep the receipt and take a picture, they may ask you to send it to them. BE HONEST, if they ask if it was a firearm tell the truth. But donít volunteer that info. None of this guarantees they will refund you, but it gives you a good chance.

This is why you ALWAYS use a credit card for purchases over the internet. The legal protections are much stronger and the CC issuer typically cares more about making you happy (the more you use the card the more likely they get their 25% APR out of you) than they do some dumbass merchant they made a 2.5% interchange fee off of.

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

JRay88 posted:

Awesome. Contact Chase and tell them you wish to dispute a charge on your account. Tell them that you paid for a service and the merchant has not completed that service, they charged you a fee to transfer an item and fill out some paperwork and that the item was returned to the original merchant and not actually transferred to you or the paperwork filed. They may ask you some more questions, and you may have to fill out/sign a form. Make sure you keep the receipt and take a picture, they may ask you to send it to them. BE HONEST, if they ask if it was a firearm tell the truth. But donít volunteer that info. None of this guarantees they will refund you, but it gives you a good chance.

This is why you ALWAYS use a credit card for purchases over the internet. The legal protections are much stronger and the CC issuer typically cares more about making you happy (the more you use the card the more likely they get their 25% APR out of you) than they do some dumbass merchant they made a 2.5% interchange fee off of.

Cool, I appreciate the help.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Spiderjelly posted:

Hey question about FFL transfer fees. I ordered a gun off gun broker and it arrived at my FFL damaged. The seller issued me a refund, but my FFL insisted on their $45 FFL fee before they would take any action. I didn't take ownership of the gun and they didn't run a background check on me. Do I have grounds for a chargeback or are they allowed to do that?

In hindsight I would have suggested a portion of the fee. Partial services, partial payment. They may have spent time coordinating receipt, on emails, or pre-filling out paperwork. I don't know but if they spent some time they are entitled to some payment in my opinion. But it is not reasonable to expect full payment from you if the transfer was not done, and frankly $45 seems high for this fee in general.

I don't know if I would go to my bank/card issuer and say "yo i bought a damaged gun off the internet and the dealer wanna charge me" at this point. If you already paid I would say life lesson and move on.

poopgiggle
Feb 7, 2006

it isn't easy being a cross dominate shooter.

they also have to pay return shipping to get the gun back to the sender, and it's not unusual for FFLs to pay a fee on top of shipping costs to ship a gun for you

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

The good news in all of this is that the gun in question is a used kimber 1911. Bass pro happened to get a brand new one in this morning and sold it to me for less than I paid for the broken one.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.

Oh, hello. Didnít see you there, sorry. Since youíre here, might I tender Master with a question and a gentle kiss on the forehead?

So I got this Ruger PC Charger - all decked out in addons and whatnot. It has an FS1913 folding brace on it. I enjoy it but frankly I have (hypothetically) never used it as it is legally intended - which of course is why itís probably gonna get reclassified.

Iím wondering if I were to get a PC Carbine instead, if I can use it on that since it is a rifle. Because frankly it only weighs like a pound more, still breaks down and all my poo poo will remain compatible.
The PC Carbine ships with a non-folding brace - I just donít know if it is legal to make it foldable?

As a bonus, here is my Ruger collection, awaiting itís MKIV Lite brother (waiting to punch out foam holes until it arrives).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

You can ask in the NFA thread for specifics, but a foldable stock likely makes it less than the required overall length for a rifle and would be legal only if you made it a SBR.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Spiderjelly posted:

The seller issued me a refund, but my FFL insisted on their $45 FFL fee before they would take any action. I didn't take ownership of the gun and they didn't run a background check on me. Do I have grounds for a chargeback or are they allowed to do that?

If the $45 includes shipping it back, that seems totally fair to me. Time is money, friend. And you've wasted their time with a bad deal.

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

stuxracer posted:

You can ask in the NFA thread for specifics, but a foldable stock likely makes it less than the required overall length for a rifle and would be legal only if you made it a SBR.

Overall length is measured unfolded and fully extended, folding or collapsing makes no difference.

The overall length of a firearm is the distance between the muzzle of the barrel and the rearmost portion of the weapon measured on a line parallel to the axis of the bore. Ö If the rifle has a permanently attached muzzle device, that is part of the overall length

Steeltalon fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 10, 2021

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.

So, Steeltalon, it should be fine? Primarily I just want to be able to break it down as small as possible.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

So, I'm guessing this really sweet Winchester '97 in 12 gauge, full-length duckfucker barrel, would be an OK deal at $250?

Doesn't matter now, turns out the next guy in snapped it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopgiggle
Feb 7, 2006

it isn't easy being a cross dominate shooter.

Ygolonac posted:

So, I'm guessing this really sweet Winchester '97 in 12 gauge, full-length duckfucker barrel, would be an OK deal at $250?

Doesn't matter now, turns out the next guy in snapped it up.

big yes, but it probably has a fixed choke that limits what you can do with it.

American pump shotguns made before the Remington 870 came along and lowered the common denominator to "stamped receivers and meh wood" were works of art. If you see an old Winchester Model 12 (or 97), Remington Model 31, or Ithaca 37 at a good price you should snap it up.