Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

'97s made prior to the '30s also have short forcing cones. This is easily fixed by a smith (you could even do it yourself if you feel like buying tools you'll use once), though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

I was thinking of just scrounging up another barrel for modding, but again, it went *fast*. I guess it was gone less than ten minutes after I left.

The Imp of Nipples
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Random lurker with limited knowledge and I have a question. Is/was there ever a pump action rifle that wasn't a shotgun? I'm aware of one hybrid that shot both shells and 5.56(?) from two different barrels. The name escapes me now. But was there a pump action rifle? I googled a bit but nothing came up. I'm bad at google.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Short answer, yes!

Frankie
Feb 22, 2006

The Remington 7600 is a pump action rifle.

The Imp of Nipples
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Frankie posted:

The Remington 7600 is a pump action rifle.

Cool thanks. In retrospect those make sense.

E: Also, in looking for something else I found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSyQyX-mglE

The Imp of Nipples fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 13, 2021

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

The Imp of Nipples posted:

Cool thanks. In retrospect those make sense.

Just be aware that the pump Remington is absolutely trash. So don't buy one.

The Imp of Nipples
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Atticus_1354 posted:

Thanks. I wasn't planning on buying. It as just a type of action I hadn't recalled seeing before. If I'm using the term "action" correctly.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Certified Centrist Trash

Atticus_1354 posted:

The pump .22 (Fieldmaster? Speedmaster?) my dad has is pretty solid, but he bought that in the '80s at latest since he used it for rabbits while working as a farmhand. There's a pretty massive difference in quality between old Remingtons and new ones (I know you know this, I'm saying it for those that don't).

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

The pump .22 (Fieldmaster? Speedmaster?) my dad has is pretty solid, but he bought that in the '80s at latest since he used it for rabbits while working as a farmhand. There's a pretty massive difference in quality between old Remingtons and new ones (I know you know this, I'm saying it for those that don't).

Fair enough. I should specify that I'm specifically talking about the steaming pile of Remington 7600. Just absolute trash and I can't wait to sell my dad's so it stops offending me when I open my safe.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

The Imp of Nipples posted:

Random lurker with limited knowledge and I have a question. Is/was there ever a pump action rifle that wasn't a shotgun? I'm aware of one hybrid that shot both shells and 5.56(?) from two different barrels.

Crossfire. And it was amazingly terrible, exactly as one would assume.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

"Pump action rifle" makes me immediately think of the Colt Lightning.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Doesn't Australia have pump action ARs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Yeah there's a few local manufacturers that make pump action rifles that are at least similar.

https://wedgetailindustries.com/product/mpr308-pump-action-rifle/

That Troy one someone posted up thread would be legal here, as long as it kept to length requirements and magazine limits (can't remember, 10 rounds).