Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I willingly have a Hi Point C9 and I would rather have that gun than a loving Sigma.

(It works. Sigma's not so much.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

Think of what you're saying!!!!

I bought it as a cheap joke when I was getting another gun. It is a reprehensible hunk of bullshit but it works. I would recommend it to anyone with a hosed budget. It goes bang when you pull the trigger.

Everything else about it it awful. Not as bad as a $300 Sigma. With that kind of money you can buy a real gun.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Capn Beeb posted:

Here let this man teach you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL4soX9ml2E

I need to know which one of us this guy is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKMhQbeh1Ms&feature=related

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Do we have a thread for shooting sports? I need to sharpen up my skills in a practical way. Paper isn't scary anymore.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

infrared35 posted:

We used to have an IDPA/IPSC/USPSA thread, btu I'm too lazy to look it up. You could check out the "official Awful Shooting Squad" thread though; many of us action-shooty types hang out there.

I have a Glock 19 and an AK. I need to buy a shotgun.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

infrared35 posted:

Or, sell the AK and buy pistol ammo, and just shoot IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, etc. :v:

Which one is the "Non-racegun league?"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Ron Mexico posted:

Right. If you stick with IPSC/USPSA production division it's pretty reasonable. When I did it a couple years ago I was shooting a stock CZ 75B and saw a lot of Glocks and XDs.

It's also retardedly fun, Captain Log.

Go getting a stiffy hearing about this. I would love for my practical firearms skills to be above, "Has gun in pocket and knows how to shoot paper."

Damnit why are there no Nashville TFRer!?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

infrared35 posted:

Here's a listing of IDPA-affiliated clubs in Tennessee, for what it's worth.

As they say in Germany, "You are the loving man."

(When speaking English)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Help my CCWing room mate TFR!

Last night he got his car broken into while he was in a bar and not carrying. Said CCW piece was in the locked glovebox. Gun and other poo poo gets stolen. Police report is filed blah blah blah.

What does he need to do with the serial number that he has recorded at home? There are about a billion pawn shops here.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Just got an email from my boss that his buddy is selling a S&W 38. "Centennial" edition that is hammerless. No more info. $300.

While I asked for more info is that a buy?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

infrared35 posted:

ffffff

More info.

As said before, if it's an original Centennial and it's in decent shape, that's a pretty good price.

It is a 640 PLEASE ADVISE thankyou

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

infrared35 posted:

Yes, especially if it's A) in decent condition and B) a pre-lock model.

Gah between me and my room mate who just had his carry piece stolen we are getting that gun.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

infrared35 posted:

Yes, especially if it's A) in decent condition and B) a pre-lock model.

Fffffffff yes it is a pre-lock for $300 God Damnit get me back to Nashville. It shall be mine!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

(I think I put this in the wrong thread before)

I'm in Phoenix for a day and I just have to ask you guys something.

I've noticed Arizona is very high speed/low drag. Lots of guys with guts wearing new camos and fancy man camo bags. Lots of gun ads in local magazines. But then I saw a fat guy getting off my plane with a tucked in white T-Shirt that had an outline of a guy with his arms out and all in caps, "IS MY ASPERGER'S SHOWING?"

What the gently caress is going on in this state?!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

My room mate who got his carry piece stolen out of his locked glovebox while he was in a bar wants a good car safe. Suggestions? Links? Pictures? Back rubs?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Ninja Rope posted:

Well then I'm not going to let you come in my mancave.

Edit: :colbert:

Read this again...slowly...

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I was recently home on a day off and heard the doorbell. We live in a friendly neighborhood so I waited for the second ring while I hopped off the couch. I look outside the window above the landing and see a guy in an undershirt and shorts pacing around looking at the windows. We replaced all our doors with steel so a grabbed the G19 and my phone ready to call the police if he went over our fence in the back.

He caught a glimpse of me and briskly walked off.

Call me paranoid but sweat covered undershirt men that aren't your neighbors normally don't have business looking in all your windows. :)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

So basically the TFR version of the song should go, "pistol grip pump in my lap at all times! (unless you got that meat truck)"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

infrared35 posted:

I take it you don't live anywhere with Schwan's delivery service?

That's not a meat truck! That's a food truck.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

You people need to cook more. :colbert:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

The Glock a thousand times over. Even though Hi-Point carbines are fun in the same way as a Heritage SA 22.

Keep in mind that's a Gen 2 Glock if you give half a gently caress. I'm sure it still runs like a champ.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Do all generations of Glocks share holster compatability?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I've been thinking of something for a little while. A lot of us bitch about being fat and needing to drop some pounds. I know I could slim down. Would TFR participate in some kind of watch and weight TFR edition?

You can't drop those tangos if your winded. :)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Inspector_71 posted:

I'd be up for it I suppose.

If enough people are down I'll start a thread.

Yay health! And guns!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Looks like I'm making a thread tomorrow.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

abortionfailure posted:

Am I the only one who doesn't really see the point in a weight loss thread in TFR? I mean, there is a whole 'nother sub-forum dedicated to the whole not-being fat thing. Discussing the benefits of fitness as related to the use of firearms I could see, but those benefits are a fairly thin (no fangism intended) topic.

Basically what I'm saying is that I come to this forum to read and occasionally discuss firearms. When I want to discuss weight loss, I hit up the forum thats actually there for that.

I see this forum as a little community that thus far seems interested in dropping some pounds. If you don't dig it but everyone else does don't read it. Being a good gun owner should also mean being healthy enough to use it.

gently caress, GWS has a whole thread dedicated to the regulars just talking about whatever they want.

I don't mean to sound harsh but if we can get our health on we can enjoy more shooting sports. :)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Racoons are like large evil super smart cats with hands and rabies.

Use caution. I once had one run at me after fencing practice and I chased it across the entire property screaming with an epee. I hope someone saw that happen.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I have a question.

I only just discovered the "Jump to Last Post" button after nearly four years as a registered poster.

What should I shoot my computer with out of misplaced rage? I've been six or more browser windows/then tabs since I started this forum bullshittery.

Edit : Last read post I meant...so stupid...

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 7, 2010

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Cyrano, just mail yourself the magazine and put "Macho Feelgood" as the return address. My father and uncle (dad in Nashville, uncle in England) used to send each other "things" all the time without any issue. I doubt a magazine coming in will matter at all.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

QuarkMartial posted:

The gently caress you tryin' ta say, boi?

Y'all gonna make a turtle lose his mind up in heah.

I thought you lived in Tennessee and if so YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW BY OWNING A TURTLE!

(I love turtles)

I've been bust for a few weeks. Any good breakdowns happen lately?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I have an Army friend that I used to be best friends with that I haven't seen since graduating college in 2006. He wants to get together when he gets off his tour and out of Afghanistan. I know he leads a squad and got a Bronze Star. Can someone give me a better idea than wikipedia what you have to do to get one of those?

I can't wait to meet his childrens! :3:

I need to get thisman a gift.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Gtab posted:

Usually it's just the Army wanting to help a brother out by giving him a free accessory to match his balls.

The thing that sticks with me about this guy is that when war broke out in Iraq in 2003 he was hardcore about going into the military as it was a family tradition. But he was at a tiny liberal arts college of 1000 kids that all shat on the idea. (Myself included I didn't want my buddy getting shot.) Then fast forward to 2006 when public opinion has swung the other way and he still enlists after graduating and is now on his third tour.

Dude has a big pair of balls for sure.

Gift idea - Ballsack display case?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Gtab posted:

You are some impressive kind of confused if you think public opinion swung to pro-war in 2006

I'm saying it swung anti war. Sorry if my grasp of English fails me again.

2003 - Yeah WOOO were gonna put a boot up Saddam's rear end sure I'll join up in three and a half years.

2006 - Man this war thing isn't working out...friend still signs up and stays true to word.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 17, 2011

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Guys, I've been gone a week or so with work. Any good nervous breakdowns or threads to look for?

I see Gtab has a new custom title. I approve.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

The Bananana posted:

There's the survival challenge thread, that's cool. Also, we finally told Exit stratagy to stop bitching about ATI.

Ooooh, survival challenge! Does being stuck in a hotel in Campagne loving souling IL for work count?

I'm saying yes.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Alaan posted:

You should get some Lil' Porgies while you are here and dry your tears with delicious BBQ.

My iphone hates me. I tried to say "soul sucking" and it became souling. Good tip thought as being from the south I always assume BBQ isn't worth looking into up here.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

So...is this legal? Machete crossbow? Anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSU1jQoGIqo&feature=player_embedded#at=216

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

walrusman posted:

Why would the crossbow be illegal? Crossbows are, afaik, completely unregulated in the US.

edit: I would still be worried about giving one to a kid under 18, carrying one concealed or openly in public, etc. But I don't believe there's a "Thou Shalt Not Accelerate Thy Sword Unnaturally!" commandment.

I always thought the US sketched out over things that could throw the gently caress out of a knife.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Sup TFR! Seeing as how we all love each other and derail constantly should I make a clubhouse thread for the regulars like they have in GWS/PI? Something lightly moderated where we can rag on each other and talk about goats/birds/crazy horse women? If so any good name ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Gtab posted:

No, dont be stupid, we dont need a stupid lightly moderated thread for offtopic crap in a forum where we are lightly barely moderated to start with and are free to discuss any tangent we want in any thread we want. Having one thread for it wouldn't loving change how often we do it in other threads.

We also have such a fairly small readership that a "regulars" clubhouse thread would be loving pointless as every. single. thread. can safely contain our regulars.

Put away your angry little Canadian teeth. I just didn't know if derails were bugging people. I love them but maybe some people didn't. That's why I asked.

I'm working on a "less lethal" thread that will largely detail why it's all a bad idea. It seems like the question comes up in one form or another each week.