Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

NosmoKing posted:

So, I have this new baby killing device in my house that I've never owned before.

Midway USA tells me that there are poo poo-tons of AK pattern mags in 7.62x39.

What will actually feed and make gun go BANG regularly and not have me want to scream and throw it like a Romanian made golf club?

(also nobody cares I bought a new gun) :cry:

Aim
Surplus European Steel AK47 7.62x39 30rd Magazines
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47E30 $9.95 or order 10 or more 8.95

Centerfire
AK-47 30rd Yugo
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/MAGAKA-YUGO-B.aspx $14.99

Bulk Buy Option
Copes
CASE LOT 60 Mags Bulgarian AK-47 Steel 30rd
http://www.copesdistributing.net/product_info.php?products_id=1789 $719.99
Or about $11.98 a mag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

FalconGuy016 posted:

I don't have loving A/C in my car.

You could stick one of these in your car door.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

You need to take of the Pistol grip and if it has a flash suppressor on it take that off to or buy a bullet button kit http://www.parallaxtactical.com/store/assault-planet-s-ak-bullet-button-190.html and use only 10 round mags.

Edit: Or you can replace the pistol grip with this beauty http://www.parallaxtactical.com/store/monsterman-grip-black-203.html :barf:

Edit 2: vvv I keep on forgetting about that flow chart

Bogon fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 24, 2010

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

I second Pelican They are tough and they are TSA approved. If you do a google search you can find some pretty good deals.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Pretty much firearm above a BB gun is going to cause some sort of hearing loss if you fire it indoors.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

spankmeister posted:

So if you were to move from another state and own guns that are not on the list, would you have to get rid of them?

No it only applies for new pistols that are sold by gun dealers.But you are considered a personal firearms importer and need to register them(oh and leave your hi-cap mags).

But there are ways around the law that would be legal. The most ridiculously expensive one would be if you wanted a 1911 you would need to do is make a mag so the pistol would only be a single shot and pin it then find a barrel to bring the OAL of the pistol to 10 1/2 inches making it a prototype pistol after it has gone through a FFL and DROS you could turn the pistol back to its original config. Also you could inherit immediate family member (grandfather,grandmother,father,mother).Also if you did manage to find someone selling a off list pistol you could do it as a PPT though a dealer.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Those century FALs are kind of a crap shoot some work great some are money pits that will never work correctly. The one I have is an IMBEL reviver w/ L1A1 parts(metric receiver cut to match inch parts) and it is a complete poo poo box put together by idiots.So all I can say is save up for a DSA FAL.

Edit: Need to proof read my posts

Bogon fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jul 16, 2010

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

ZebraBlade posted:

Cross posting from the 1911 megathread:

Well after 4 years of USPSA with easily 2,000 draws and reholstering and 20k + rounds the Taurus pt1911 functions really good still but looks like absolute poo poo. Holster wear up the wazoo, the safety was black but is now half shiny silver from wear, same goes for other places. It has been retired from USPSA duty and will be my backup and fun gun 1911.

What does this all mean you ask? Well it is time to get it refinished!!!! but.... I have no clue where to start. I am not going to DIY it, just looking for how to have it done (leaning towards gunkote, dont know of other options) and where to send it to be done and what color(s) to have it finished. So let me break it down

1. What do I need to know about having my 1911 refinished?
2. What kind of refinishing options do I have?
3. Where can this be done?
4. What colors can be done?
5. What colors does TFR suggest? I dont know if I want to do a FDE or tan scheme or stick with black and do the parts a different color.

Any and (almost)all input is welcome

gently caress It I did a huge Cryano type post but ended up finding this http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=212878

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Atticus_1354 posted:

Does anyone know of a basic shot timer for android phones? I have been wanting one for messing around so it doesn't have to be perfect.

Give me a second Ill find it on my phone and upload it somewhere

Edit: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=75SJ2TC5

Bogon fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jul 30, 2010

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Gewehr 43 posted:

Bake. Bake your bacon this morning and thank me later.

This works but use a cooling rack placed on a baking sheet or You could use a Waffle Iron.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

DakianDelomast posted:

http://www.bobergarms.com/

Boberg XR9
Sorry for being late on the draw been studying for my CCSP tests but does anyone know when these are going to be out?

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

I Would stick them in a metal colander and blast them with NCBC then leave them out to dry. If it doesn't work dump them on the RO at the range you go to.

Bogon fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 28, 2010

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Fifty Three posted:

Legally speaking, a gatling gun counts as an MG, correct? My girlfriend expressed her desire for one (one day) and I had a huge awful brainfart on the legality of such an item.

As long as its crank operated its not considered a MG also boar diameter needs to be equal to .50 inch or less.But if its electronic operated meaning press a button and go yea that is an MG same goes for a trigger. Has anyone herd anything about the hamster Gatling gun?

Also last night I got en email saying that my 1911 is back from finish and now its time to decide on the grips so does anyone know where to find Cocobolo Burl 1911 Grips? I know there going to cost a decent amount but for the amount of money I have spent on this pistol I have decided I am going all out on the pistol.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

walrusman posted:

Midway has a bunch of options, many in stock, from Ed Brown and Hogue. Don't readily see any burl, but try looking at those two manufacturers directly and see if you can find what you are craving. It will probably be a custom thing, but it's going to look beautiful. What's the new finish?

I'm kinda being a cock tease with this pistol but the finish is ion-bond I should have a box thread by the end of next month. I so far have found 2 grips that have peeked my interest although Im going to keep looking around until I find something that says buy me.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pistol-grips-Colt-1911-clones-Rare-Cocobolo-Burl-/380262678746?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58896c00da
and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380271312035

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Trisk posted:

I know this has been covered lots before, but where can I find information about moving guns across state lines? It's likely I'll be moving from Florida to California soon. I know that California has its own bunch of terrible laws to deal with once I get it there.

Is there any way possible that I could talk you out of this? If not Im sorry. But below this is the general explanation on what CA considers an EBW. There are also Specific Weapons that you cannot own this would be your guide http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/awguide.pdf. As for importing pistols in to the the Glorious Golden State(Yes they do consider a person that is moving in to the state and bringing pistols a Importer) you need to fill out the little .pdf (supplied here http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/ab991.php) and send the report plus $19.00 per pistol reported.But as others have stated calguns is probably your best bet to ask more specific questions.

* 12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
1. A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
1. A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
2. A thumbhole stock.
3. A folding or telescoping stock.
4. A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
5. A flash suppressor.
6. A forward pistol grip.
2. A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
3. A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
4. A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
1. A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
2. (B) A second handgrip.
3. A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
4. The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
5. A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
6. A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
1. A folding or telescoping stock.
2. A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
7. A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
8. Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
1. "Assault weapon" does not include any antique firearm.
2. The following definitions shall apply under this section:
1. "Magazine" shall mean any ammunition feeding device.
2. "Capacity to accept more than 10 rounds" shall mean capable of accommodating more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include a feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.
3. "Antique firearm" means any firearm manufactured prior to January 1, 1899.
3. This section shall become operative January 1, 2000.

Edit: There is also the Calguns helpful flowchart to help you.
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Edit2: As for your Hi-cap mags if you take them apart you can bring them in as mag rebuild kits. Aslong as they stay disassembled while you are a Prisoner Citizen of the state you Probably wont get in to any trouble.(I only say probably because you moving to a finicky state with overzealous DA's)

I secretly want to move back

Bogon fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 21, 2010

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Most of TFR uses hoppe's for the barrel or what ever will remove the copper. The rest could be handled with Non-Chlorinated brake cleaner, Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) and/or White Lithium Grease.

EFB

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Yea I should of been more specific and said hoppes bench rest 9 copper solvent since yea hoppes 9 doesn't really remove copper well.

But then again I go against the TFR flow and use mix 1:1 Hoppes bench rest and Kroil.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

My girlfriends father wants me to send him a scope and some mounting rings to him in Australia. Do they fall under ITAR and if they do how much trouble could one get in to if they sent it as Telescope finderscope?

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Im going to go with gently caress it he can pick it up next time he is out here and do what he wants with it.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Ninja Rope posted:

Edit: Here's a link to the Sigforum thread on the P220ST 10mm. It's a custom job by Gray Guns running $2-3k depending on what you want done and the base pistol you start with.

Haha holy poo poo that's about how much my custom 1911 Long Slide 10mm cost.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

I took my coworker shooting today and she earlier in the week I gave her a list of what she needed to buy and talked to the gun shop clerk over the phone where she got the ammo from. As today progressed we get to my Security six and I tell her to grab the .38 special she bought and this is what she pulls out
is this stuff even safe to shoot out of my security six also if not what the hell shoots this?

Edit:Also I just got my bonus and for a joke I want to buy a Cheap rear end(sub $100) Drop gun as it would complement my $3000 1911 I bought any one have any suggestions? I was thinking a nickle plated Jennings or an RG 23 .22 Revolver.

Bogon fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 24, 2010

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

infrared35 posted:

On that ammo, what does the head stamp actually say? It looks like .38 S&W, but the box says .38 Spl Short. If it's some bizarre shortened version of .38 Special, it should be fine to shoot out of a .38/357 revolver. If it's .38 S&W, it likely won't even fit in the cylinder.

And as far as drop guns go, do you want it to be semi-functional? If so, I'd go for a Phoenix Raven.

On top of the rim It says CBC lower part 38 SPL

As for the drop gun something that wont take my finger when I shoot it will be satisfactory Im not expecting much for something that will cost me less then $100.

nnnnghhhhgnnngh posted:

But I've never even heard of .38 CBC SPL Short, what the gently caress is that?

This is exactly what came out of my mouth when she gave me the box.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

CAT ON THE COUCH!! posted:

My turn: Can anyone recommend non-plastic 10-round mags for a Saiga .308?

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-519/Csspecs-Saiga-308-Steel/Detail

Are pretty much all I found.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Bipod chat!

I'm going to, Allah willing, pick up a a Siga 308 tomorrow. I'd like to use a bipod (lazy shooters club), but I'm not sure what to go with. There are "universal" barrel-mount bipods, and mount-plate bipods (which for the Saiga would require milling apparently). Is there anything particularly wrong with going the easy, universal route? Will I notice, as a new shooter, a significant loss of accuracy? I'm mostly concerned about difficulty in getting a scope properly zeroed.

Go pick up a good range bag (Midways range bags are the best http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=939259680) and by the time your done stuffing it with all the poo poo you take to the range it will be sturdy enough to use as a support.

This is the pretty much the same drat bag but $40 more
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=2208190091

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Whats the going rate on a decent condition colt python?

Edit also what are the firearm laws for Illinois specifically for pistols I have a line on a python but it belongs to a co-workers mother that got it from her Husband when he died 20 or some years ago. Im trying to save her form getting hosed over by some pawn shop or gun dealer or getting the cops called on her(I know Illinois has some hard rear end laws but I don't really know the specifics).

Bogon fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 30, 2010

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

I really don't know if she has a FOID card but going on a hunch I really doubt it. Shes pretty much scared shitless of the thing and wants it out of the house. Its going to be an out of state Transfer from Illinois to North Carolina. As for what area all I know right now is its a suburb south of Chicago.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

charliebravo77 posted:

It's a little tricky in this situation. My guess is that the only immediate option she has to get rid of it is to surrender it to the police, who will likely destroy it. You might want to call around to some gun shops IL and propose a hypothetical situation and see if they know any way to handle it. My suggestion would be for her to apply for a FOID (it should take approximately 30 days to get one) and then transfer it to a FFL in NC. Theoretically if you find a FFL in NC that will accept a transfer from a non-FFL they'll never know the difference if they don't know IL law, but I wouldn't bet the possibility of criminal charges on it.

I just talked to the lady I'm going to help her get her FOID card as much as I can. As for getting it transferred out of the state I can think of a couple that would do this but im going to call around today and see what I can find. Being what it is we would rather not see this thing turned in to the PD knowing it will be destroyed.

Bogon fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 30, 2010

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Quick question for you Illinois goons does the City of Orland Park have any wired gun laws that I should know of(I googled but I just want to double check)?

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Why is city a Seizure world(Where rich old people go to die(California/Arizona joke)) of the North?

Bogon fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 6, 2011

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

^I think only C&R weapons can be SBR.(I'll look later)

Does anyone have experiences with getting a Form 4 signature for NFA purchases in San Diego?

This runs right up there with getting a CCW in San Francisco or L.A. You need to be blowing the right person,A well respected Political Rep., A company that rents to movie studios or become a movie star.

Itchy_Grundle posted:

Price check: used Century FAL (NY legal) with 8 mags for $799. Good or bad deal?

Seems to be in good shape but I'm not an expert on this rifle. On consignment at a local shop.

Make sure it works anything century makes tends to turn in to a pile of poo poo by their army of retarded pygmy monkeys(hey we have metric parts and some inch pattern parts and god drat it were going to make them work together) Have the guy meet you at the range and run about 100 rounds though it before you buy.

Edit: gently caress it im not posting all of this
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=82693

Bogon fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 9, 2011

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

It depends where you are most places if you a felon your prohibited from owning body armor I think in NY no one but Government officials can own it so YMMV.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Have any of you heard of White Castle Armory or bought anything from them?

Bogon fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Feb 2, 2011

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

God, those things are all loving OVER the research triangle area in NC.

gently caress those clubs forever. Everyone in them is usually a magnet for the biggest, fuddiest, most elitest douche nozzles you ever could hope to meet.

Ha Im going to take a stab and guess Drakes Landing or Durham County Wildlife Club gently caress those two places. I got dragged to both of them before my boss went on a 3 year vacation to Club Fed In West Virgina.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=474591
http://www.brownells.com/1/1/27307-reproduction-handgun-grips-beretta-70s-vintage.html

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

hangedman posted:

Mag-pinning question!

How do people do it? Is there a good guide somewhere for California / Jersey / Canada goons that walks through the process of how to neuter a mag to conform to local law that won't land a person in legal hot water?

I have an M1 carbine and like the look of the longer 15-round mags, but the only ones I've been able to find are the shorter, stubby 10-rounders. Can someone explain how I can actually gimp a 15-round rebuild kit? Barring that, does anyone know where to find a 10-round M1 carbine mag that looks like its bigger brother?

Honestly this poo poo is still voodoo to me all I know 1 you need to epoxy the floor plate on and second what ever you pin the follower with needs to keep it at ten rounds even when manhandled by stupid rear end guerrilla cops trying to get that 11th round in just to gently caress you over a bit more.

Mad Dragon posted:

That's what it's supposed to look like. The good news is, it'll be easy to restore. Just hit up the junkyards and pull whatever panels you need.

"Yeah, I need a driver's front door for a mk3 Golf."
"What color?"
"Surprise me."

Holy poo poo do this I always wanted one of these and make a project car out of it for track racing.

Shroomie posted:

How lovely is TulAmmo? Walmart has it in 9mm for $9.47/box, which is only a dollar less than Federal.

Edit: Also, I posted this in the Hi-Power thread but nobody is answering me: Whats the word on India Ordinance Factory's Hi-Power clone, the MK 1A? A local shop has one for $299 and I'm really tempted to snatch it up.

Its great ammo out of my 1911 I can group rather well at 50 feet but since it essentially wolf ammo it is dirty.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Sorry To necromancer the poo poo out of some of this.

I like turtles posted:

Where should I buy a FAL buttstock tool? DSA wants $11 shipping on a $9.95 part and.. it seems like there should be a less expensive option. Is there?

If no one answered you on this don't waste your money I just replaced my stock with a lovely bent cleaning rod and a huge gently caress off flat head screw driver I think it took me 5 minutes to do the hole thing. Also watch out for that cap theirs allot of spring behind it.

Cyrano4747 posted:

3 gun over at DRPC these days.
Black knight you should go there are fun although it has been a couple of months since I ran in one I had a blast running my M16A1 clone, SP-01 and my Tactilol Saiga. Also the events are open to the public it just costs I think 5 bucks more for non members.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

chairface posted:

I have some legal questions. I'm currently a college student in Minnesota, and as a result also a resident of my home state of Georgia, as students attending college out of state don't lose residency status in Georgia. During this summer, I will be moving to California. I have a number of firearms that are either certainly or likely not allowed in the state of California (at least without modification.)

Am I correct that I can mail any such firearms from here in Minnesota to my other address in Georgia without having to go through an FFL, as I am mailing them from myself to myself, and am a legal resident of both states?

Secondly, regarding some of these firearms, I am not yet versed in California legalities, so I'll just list what I have and what I assume about California law and/or would like clarifications on:

1. I have a WASR that I'm fairly sure is not allowed in California unless I modify it in ways I'm not willing to, and so I figure this is one of the things I'll wind up mailing to myself in Georgia, along with all its attendant high-capacity magazines and cop-killer bullets.

2. I have a Mossberg 500A 12ga, the kind with the 20" barrel and matching tube magazine. It currently has both a pistol grip instead of a stock, and a second pistol grip on the pump itself. I have the original stock and forend and tools to swap them back. Do I need to do so? If I do, do I need to specifically get rid of the pistol grip furniture to avoid any constructive intent issues? Otherwise, this is a perfectly fine thing to bring to California that will require no registry or paperwork?

3. I have a number of .22LR firearms, none with a magazine capacity over 10 or any tacticlol furniture, although one is a handgun. My understanding is that everything but the handgun is fine to bring in without any paperwork. Do .22LR handguns have to be registered in any way? How costly is that? Is this something else that I should just ship back to myself in Georgia?

4. On the handgun front, I've got a pair of snub-nosed revolvers, in .38spl and .32 long, as well as a (likely unsafe to fire, and I have no intent to ever try to fire it) .32 S&W Iver-Johnson. What's involved in bringing such handguns into California? None of them have any "assault" features, not even so much as nightsights. Are these all more stuff I'm mailing to myself in Georgia?

5. Being a goon, it is obligatory I have a Mosin. It is in exactly the terrible shape in which Private Yevgeny left it to me unknowingly when he returned it to the arsenal for the last time. Am I correct in assuming that this can be brought into the state of California without registry, paperwork or issue?

6. I've also got a few blades. A kabar I use as a utility knife, and an old saber that was a grandpa-inheritance. He used it to chop watermelons, claimed to have "found" it, with a nod and a wink. Any issue with bringing these into the state of California?

You can bring everything on that list you posted all you really need to do to the wasr is http://www.goldenstatetactical.com/akbubumaglo.html no major mods needed just an allen wrench, 2 minutes and a ten round mag. Or you could get a flipper babby kydex thing.

Edit: also if you bring in hand guns you need to fill out this http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/ab991frm.pdf and include $19 per hand gun and mail it off

Bogon fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 2, 2011

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

chairface posted:

Wouldn't I have to not bring all those nasty 30-round mags?

EDIT: Said AK also has a nasty bayonet lug. And one of the criminally rounded-off bayonets.

If you have a bullet button you can have as many evil features as you want(but still needs to meet Min. OAL). As for the mags do what I did break them down in to mag rebuild kits so if you go to any other surrounding state you can have some fun.

Edit: Also if you have an assload +30 mags like I do You could send them to some companies that will convert them(permanently) to 10/30 mags(30 round mags that are pinned to 10 rounds).

Bogon fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 2, 2011

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

chairface posted:

:negative: But comrade Kalashnikov...

I know Im most likely going to get yelled at for my opinion on this but. Enough ak mags have been shitted out over the years I doubt a few thousand modified mags are going to put a dent in the amount of 30 round ak mags there are out there(poo poo you can still find them for less then 10 bucks). Just pick your shittiest rusted out crap box mags and slate them up for modding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Where did you hear this? The few that I have seen always have had kydex plugs.