Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Why yes, I HAVE seen uhaul.jpg

Pyruvate posted:

So like those souvenir penny machines?

PAY HERE, INSERT BILLET HERE, TURN CRANK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Hey I'm turning 21 soon what specific handgun should I buy (in 9mm)

BONUS: I live in California and have no idea how the pistol laws work

The best answer is the one that fits your hand and budget. Good 9mm pistols:
Glock 17/19/34, Sig P225/P226/P229, HK USP (I don't like it though), FNP-9, S&W M&P, CZ-75 & clones, Browning Hi-Power (can't go wrong with that)... the list goes on.

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Kommienzuspadt posted:

though, if i lived in a state with the stupid 10rd mag rule i would probably just buy a 1911, to avoid feeling frustrated and limp each time i loaded my glock mags.

Hah, that's what I did.

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Black Stormy posted:

Is TGSCOM run by assholes? I can't remember.

Yes. "In stock" means "we will take your money and charge you a cancellation fee if you don't like being on backorder."

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

The finish is flaking off my 80's vintage 10/22 receiver. What's the best practice for DIY refinishing it? I favor easiness/cheapness over purdy results.

VVVV Excellent. BRB WALMART VVVV

BaronW fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Sep 2, 2010

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

4.3x54r

I prefer .17RM (relativistic magnum)

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

I FIXED IT.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

The soda machines at six flags magic mountain take credit cards.

So you can buy $5 powerade.

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Uncle Caveman posted:

I'll have to check again, but I recall my G29's chamber appearing to be more fully supported than the pics of .40 Glock chambers I've seen.

Is there actually a 10mm conversion barrel available? Or is it an entirely new slide? I've only seen .400 Cor-Bon conversions.

I think gray guns was doing 10mm conversions to P220's.

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Has there been any scientific evidence that barrel break-in provides a statistically significant improvement in accuracy over just going hog wild?

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

A local gun shop has a new Sig SP2022 for $400. Anybody here have one? Are they any good? I want a cheap, reliable pistol that'll take a light.

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

I ordered $600 worth of handgun ammo from SGAmmo with no issues.

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

^^^ I'm told that C&Rs are exempt from the SBS/SBR ban, but talk to a real lawyer. ^^^

This safe, yea or nay?
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11631081&whse=BC&topnav=

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

People who know NFA stuff: there's a sporting goods store selling an AR pistol with a 10.5" barrel, but it has a VFG on it. I talked to the person behind the counter and he was told that because it has a long enough barrel, the VFG is okay.

How is that not an AOW??

edit: related thread on calguns http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=6564056

edit2: So... if the weapon's OAL is big enough you can have a VFG on it?

BaronW fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 8, 2011

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

So I just brought home my Walther P1 and it has a problem. It fails to eject the last round of a magazine. The round always just drops onto the empty mag. With another round in the magazine, it stays under the extractor claw and gets kicked out by the ejector. Without another round, however, the rim of the case tips down towards the magazine and the extractor slips off. This happens with the mag that came with the gun and one I ordered separately.

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

BaronW posted:

So I just brought home my Walther P1 and it has a problem. It fails to eject the last round of a magazine. The round always just drops onto the empty mag. With another round in the magazine, it stays under the extractor claw and gets kicked out by the ejector. Without another round, however, the rim of the case tips down towards the magazine and the extractor slips off. This happens with the mag that came with the gun and one I ordered separately.

Any ideas?

Update: it turns out the problem was that the Walther P1 extractor expects a thicker rim than on the red aluminum snap caps. With factory brass-cased ammo it worked like a champ.

Moral of the story: snap caps aren't 100% analogous to real rounds and can make a good gun look broken.