Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh, pretty, pretty, Blue Bongo!
Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

I like turtles posted:

Last update was that it was a troll. Cops went to his house and he was fine. Don't know if any contact has been made since.

Great, I can speak ill of him then-- what an rear end in a top hat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

I really hope HCC gets his poo poo together and gets over his hump. I don't wish him ill even tho I called him an rear end in a top hat. My wizened little black heart likes to speak its mind, tho.

I'm glad he's not dead.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

I have like permanent depression

I believe depression is a result of brain chemistry so this probably won't help all that much, but I think you're a cool, funny guy. So that's one random internet nerd to chalk up.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Jaja, MORCOCK.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Worry when you start to reload for off calibers just because you have the brass. But don't worry too much. Come mention and we'll help you move the goalposts again.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Any interest in an AZ goon shoot (pew pew) in the fall? I'm in the Valley of the Fun, but I'm down to go to Tuscon or meet halfway or whatever.

I'm also asking because I'm gettin' that pink gopher on it's world tour.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

I was hoping you'd pipe up! I like Sept/Oct, but I'm a big Eskimo and overheat easily.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Why do Americans call it football if you carry the ball with your hands? And what's the deal with airplane food, anyway?

This is some fresh commentary. Would you also like to comment on how wearing armor makes our football players soft as hell?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

I like turtles posted:

Arizona TFR folks: someone feeling proactive enough to put together a meet thread? I'd do it, but I'm feeling particularly lazy today.

Not proactive enough to put together a good thread, but it's there.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Atticus_1354 posted:

Man, I was expecting the repeal of don't ask/don't tell to have some ramifications, but this is much further than I thought it would ever go.

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 26, 2010

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

walrusman posted:

I don't actually know off the top of my head. My gut tells me that if you walked into most OR gunshops with a California DL they'd tell you to gently caress off back where you came from, you grass-smoking long-hair mumble mumble etc hey Clem can you believe this fag here wants to buy a gun with a CALIFORNIA DL har har. Either that or they'd assume it was some kind of sting to test if they actually knew the law, and they'd err on the side of caution. If you're going to be here long enough to buy guns, just go get your Oregon license or ID card I guess.

I am think that your ID has show your current physical address and that it is a federal thing.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Chantilly Say posted:

The way it was explained to me was that there's an Oregon state law that you can't purchase a gun with an ID from any state that has a waiting period (CA has one, OR doesn't). The rationale is to avoid situations where Californians circumvent the waiting period by hopping across the state line.

OK, that's fine for the OR law, but form 4473 instructions (I've just looked it up) state pretty explicitly that you have to have at least one gov't issued ID that has your address of residence on it. I could still be wrong, and I'm no lawyer, but:

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473.pdf

Look at 20a in the explicative section.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Chantilly Say posted:

So if it weren't for OR's thing about CA DLs, it would work. In any event, I'm going to be picking up an OR ID so my DL doesn't even need to come out of my wallet.

No, I don't think it would. At least not with the utility bill, under my reading. The ATF uses the example of a tax document. It has to be government issued in order to count. Again, I'm not a lawyer so municipal utility bills might do the trick.

PGE is a fortune 500 company, huh? I did not know that. That wouldn't work.

I know you already said you're getting the Oregon ID, it's just an interesting question.

edit: Which school in PDX?

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 10, 2010

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Oh yeah, I think I read that in some other thread. I went to UP. No, not PSU :argh:

Welp, play some pool at the Bar at the End of the Universe for me.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Haha. Man! We should do a study to really find out who TFR's worst poster is. We must get to the bottom of this!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

I think I got lumped in as a butthurt poo poo poster. I've finally made it!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Cheap Bourbon posted:

<snip>
Re-reading this as my pig smokes ...

don't feel like posting twice:

I found the thread, and holy poo poo..... if you have half the afternoon to waste, archives are totally worth it. I'm only on page 25/45 and the :psyboom: and :munch: are something to behold.

edit: now with linky-goodness.

Your pig is too young to smoke!

Also, yessssss. The Unintended Consequences thread is right up there with the Elmer Keith read through.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Counterpoint-- mama cooked up a breakfast with no hog.

I guess it doesn't say she didn't smoke any pig. Ice Cube is (was) probably for smoking pigs in any case.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

gun-deals.com

Look for the button up top that says "ammo deals".

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

I can give her an excellent deal on an XD 9 subcompact...

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

I haven't even shot it yet. I'm anxious, but the sun. Oh gosh, the sun...

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

I hope this means business is great. Rock on, SoMiArms.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Yeah, I hope the .22 is for shooting squirrel and the like.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Plasma1010 posted:

I never said it didnt work, I said it can spray in your eyes and disable you, which the article cited happened in a few out of 71 cases. I don't need to take the chance really, one case is enough to be dead and that isnt very good odds to be honest. On top of that, at the very top of the article "Also found spray residue actually attracts bears". So the article just says Bear Spray is an alternative. Great. So is a high powered shotgun which can also scare and kill a potential bear attack, and its odds of misifirng are probably way less then 5 out of 71.

Thanks AFR Nick.

Hey man, no one came to you and started forcing these opinions on you. You're the one who came and started saying wrong poo poo in the question thread, but only after asking some questions that indicate you don't know poo poo about firearms. There's no reason to get snarky with people who are trying to help you see the error of your ways.

Moving on-- the shotgun is not a magic wand. Once, if you even get a chance to ready your weapon, you have engaged the bear there is a pretty good chance that you will not kill the bear before it has a chance to gently caress your dumb rear end up.

Warning shots. Haha.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

This is a perfect excuse to buy one of those Cold Steel spears like whut I seen in them Bushman pictures.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Don't we have an actual video game thread? What is all this crap?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

My mistake. Carry on!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Three bills for an Argentine Hi Power aint a bad deal, mentioning J&G.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info...roducts_id/4230

I'm tempted to drive up there. They have tables at the big gun shows around here, also.

edit: gosh, Grafs has 9mm at 11.50/50. If that's the shipped price, and I think it is, that's cheaper than what I paid at a Wal-Mart last weekend. :wotwot:

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 19, 2010

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

I was going to guess that, and it raises a question-- what the gently caress do to a gun to make it better for shooting silhouette?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Yeah, I have a decent pair of binox and they are about useless for spotting.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

gunsnammo.com

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

If that isn't legit, well, then I guess I don't know Glock.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

smax posted:

Ya, after I typed that up I started thinking about it again and wondering where you could possibly draw a line. Eh, I dunno. It was just a thought that occurred to me as I browsed this thread.

We have a pretty reasonable amount of traffic right now. If you split out the questions we would have a pretty barren forum, as Cyrano was sayin'.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

The Ooze is even more Secret now.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

ChlorineTrifluoride posted:

Shooting a .44 plowhandle is not a good introduction to them.

I have to love mine because it is my daddy's bear gun :)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

I thought .308 was spendy. What are you comparing it to?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Ygolonac posted:

SNL started sucking once the majority of the original players left. :colbert:

SNL has always been terrible. They have done some brilliant, amazing comedy. There are some truly great bits. Week to week, however, it has always been mostly awful.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

That is beat, sir! I hope you get that straight.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

SadWhaleFamily posted:

find a job you don't find too morally objectionable to do that pays significantly well, stop believing the idea that you should find work that you "love"

A better paying job than student? That seems unlikely! Poppycock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

infrared35 posted:

People get so indignant when they get caught, like the possibility never even entered their mind.

I'm sure they all have a reason that makes what they were doing ok and wonder why you aren't off bothering REAL criminals, also. People are funny animals.