Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I was gonna say, Swabia sounds like an STD or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Locus posted:

Not to disagree with you about hicks or that whole crypto-taxidermy hobby, but interestingly, Jackalope legends are likely based in part on a horrific viral infection rabbits can get that causes horn-like tumors on their head and face.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackalope

:gonk:

Yeah just FYI that's basically a wart.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

hairysammoth posted:

We've just found out that we've been accepted to a film festival in America, so we're suddenly gonna be around the Cape Cod area in August. We've decided to throw in some time for an impromptu holiday as well - do any kind TFR goons fancy taking some Brits to the range around then? I haven't shot anything more interesting than a double-barrelled shotgun since I farted around in the Marines cadets, and my missus has always wanted to try shooting. I'm sure the director and producer would fancy it as well - if nothing else, think of it as educational. You'll be ensuring that any future films they make are free of the more egregious firearms errors, at least.

Are there even any TFR folks in Massachusetts for that matter?
Congrats! With what film if I may ask?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Gtab posted:

Today I went from my red text one to a foghorn avatar and then an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor, to the Wu-Tang W, to this.

So who did you piss off?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Gtab posted:

Everyone?

You're still my favorite frostback. :allears:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm dootch, isn't zat veird?

Gtab posted:

Yknow, when you first started posting I was sure you would turn out to be a terrible Euro but you've turned out pretty good; I like you despite your Netherlandy handicap. Netherlandicap.
Yeah I remember one of the first things you said was that I was a jerk. :smith: Oh well I guess that's kinda true so. :)

My Netherlandicap is because of all the weed I smoke, and those wooden shoes are pretty restricitve on the bloodflow so that can't be good.

spankmeister fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 17, 2010

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Gtab posted:

If I've learned anything it's that I cannot judge all Europeans by the example set by British.

They're not real people.
Tell me about it, at work we have to deal with them every day and they're a bunch of jerks (not an ironic statement).

Anyway, there's a good chance I'm gonna go over and sniff me some of that permafrost up there, got a family reunion thing coming up and this time we're either having it in Australia or Canada.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

hairysammoth posted:

Guys. I'm standing right here.
Nah I'm cool with the Britons, it's just that my English co-workers are a bunch of dicks.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I missed this whole thing, sounds awful. Can someone fill me in?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Gtab posted:

HCC showed up and posted a banme thread saying he was gonna kill himself. Goons freaked out and contacted the authorities. He told the authorities he was just kidding, but in reality was contemplating suicide. He has since reached out to friends and some interested parties and made contact and will hopefully now seek the help he needs to move on with his life. No shame in asking for help when you can't see your way out of a bad place in life.

As a result of his dramallama suicide threat thread, he was banned, and has said he has no plans to return.
Wow, well glad that he didn't do it, hopefully he can sort some poo poo out.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I was gonna say, a good psychiatrist can prescribe meds for just about anything.
People's opinion on psych meds and that they are bad often stem from poor prescriptions making it worse.

There's so much drugs out there you do need a doctor that really knows his meds though, it's almost a separate field entirely.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm sure Gtab can lend you a tanto if you ever want to do Seppuku or something.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

I thought you faggots all knew this...

I have my own stabby collection for such an occasion THANK YOU VERY MUCH DUTCHMAN

No worries buddy hth. :buddy:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Amphetamines (for ADHD) have literally no effect other than bad side effects for me. Weird and also sucks, since they're the main drug available.

Did you try Strattera? It's not a stimulant.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I just waited for someone else to ask that. :kiddo:

Thanks priznat!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Isn't there a spring or two in there?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Nobody outside those tiny states and America cares about baseball anyway so whatever.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

thermobollocks posted:

He already said "tiny island nations." :fsmug:

Exactly.

Conversely, football (*ugh* "soccer") is really big in the rest of the world with a world cup, and y'all don't care about that.
Instead you have "football" where most of the game there are no feet involved.

America is weird.

spankmeister fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 24, 2010

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Kommienzuspadt posted:

umm we pwned face in our last world cup draw and i was screaming the whole time. our team is playing better than both the mighty English National Celebrity Team and the "socceroos" so, ya'know.

Yeah, this time you guys aren't doing too bad.
You totally lucked out the last match though.

Anyway I hope you beat England if you have to play them again. :D

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

Koreans play a gently caress load of baseball and have a really strong league of their own. Really the only reason we don't have Koreans in MLB (yet) is that the Korean teams tend to be owned by corporate conglomerates who just take losses on them, pay the players rather insane salaries, but who as a result basically own them - you can't just get out of those contracts to go somewhere else.

There are also a few good European baseball leagues. The Belgians (I think? One of the BeNeLux countries at least) and the Italians have pretty decent leagues as well, populated with a mix of local players and Americans/Canadians who aren't QUITE good enough to get called up permanently to the majors but who want to earn more than they make playing AAA.

Sure, it's not as broadly popular as soccer, but I'd be willing to bet that if you're just talking raw numbers of people its at least up there with all those random English games that commonwealth countries follow.
Yeah also I think Holland did pretty well on the WBC a few months ago.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Gtab posted:

Seriously why do you even take issue with it at all? What the gently caress is possibly remotely wrong with needing to keep documentation for poisonous goods -- common or not -- around? What issue could you possibly take with a binder in a desk drawer somewhere containing two sheets of paper?

Good God man.
Butbut the gubmint :bahgawd:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

God I love your avatar so much.
Yeah me too, that was the funniest moment in the two episodes for me. :)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Copper is too expensive, regular ferric oxide works fine (rust).

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Pitch posted:

Is this a question? The title was Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 and the Final Solution in Poland.

Does it support the ordinary men theory, or debunk it?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Bhm posted:

I'm buying a "high end" rifle and I'm choosing between a SAKO TRG 22 or a pimped out Remington 700.

Here's a pic of the SAKO:

And here's what I was thinking of when pimping the poo poo out of the 700:

So, it's a Remington VTR in .308WinMag stuffed in an Accuracy Intl. AICS-stock. Any opinions on those two? I've heard good things about both and none of them seem to be a bad purchase. The SAKO is awesome straight out of the box while the Rem will take some work. Any opinions on the VTR? How much work does it take to get it to shoot nicely? I'm not thinking of shooting anything further than 3-400yards...

Does anyone know if the VTR is a straight drop-in in the AICS or do I need to modify the gently caress out of the stock? Is the JAE-700 stock a better option? Am I an idiot for considering any of these? Is my penis too small?

The JAE-700:

Too much counterstrikery for my tastes.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Pitch posted:

Supports I guess? Reserve Battalion 101 was a group of perfectly average men, not chosen for any specific politics, who would go into a town and kill any Jews they found even when their superiors made it clear that they could freely opt out of the more gruesome assignments.

I misphrased my question, but you answered it. I meant that every once in a while someone comes out and says that the regular Wehrmacht were regular men and not involved in the killing of Jews directly, and that it was all the evil SS that did that.

It just turns out that even regular Wehrmacht forces did some nasty nasty stuff in the war.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Uncle Caveman posted:

Summitgunbroker also has nickel P220s for $595 if you want some Eurobling flair.

Why still make the distinction of "West" Germany. :confused:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Uncle Caveman posted:

Because those guns were made before unification.

Ohhh, makes sense. :)

Cyrano4747 posted:

They don't any more.

The guns were made in 1991, and at that point they hadn't changed the tooling to take the "West" off of the stamp yet. I don't think that happened until late in '91 or early in '92.

You have to remember, even though the Wall came down in '89 and reunification was 100% decided upon by may or so '90 it took a while to get the paperwork in order. It was more or less done by July, signed and ratified in August, and officially took part at 00:00 on 10/03/90.

And afterwards the 1 ostmark = 1 deutschmark policy basically killed the East because their lower quality products suddenly became lots more expensive. But that is another story.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

El Jorge posted:

Because West Germany was a country? I mean we have Yugoslav M70s, the occassional Rhodesian FAL kit and tons of arms that were made in the USSR.

Besides that, the "W. Germany" is kinda the BC/AD of the SIG world.

Edit: Soundly beaten. My internet is dumb.
Of course I know that Germany was once split, as a filthy European I should know that. ;)

But in my mind it might have well been marked Weimar Republik or something. :v:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

LifeSizePotato posted:

If you're looking at a Saiga for an HD gun, you might consider one of these:

http://www.redstick-firearms.com/firearms2/firearms.html

Not cheap, but they sell a thread-on suppressor too that fits other 12 gauges (or a Saiga you already have) for about $900. If you live in a state that allows it, I don't see any reason not to fit a silencer to a gun you'd probably be using inside without hearing protection.

Doesn't that huge silencer make it unwieldy?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I like turtles posted:

The Canadians mentioned this in their thread, where I started bemoaning the fact that I couldn't find one in the states. That said, has anyone heard of one in the states?

I would buy that and then cut it down to pistol size.

12-ga Judge. :q:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

FalconGuy016 posted:

How many licks does it take to get to them bottom of a :bick:? Do you get it is it is like .223 ammunatiition is the .608 ammo like the headspace differences. Who cares about remington 5.56 when the cowboy comes. The dude is FLYING at the 9.87 nine point eight meteres per codeon gravity fall. Who cares? 223 or 556 is for gays to bi kcker over.

Answer the question please

what

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Hey king let I and I get holda dat gat and ting sight respect

I've been playing GTA4 again.

Wa gwan star?

I still need to finish that drat game, I'm at the very last mission. But my xbox is broken. :(

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I would imagine that the detector detects hydrocarbons, and kerosene vapor is hydrocarbons sooo...

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Uncle Caveman posted:

adds +1 to small guns & agility

unlocks a new beard style in the face generator
I like this post.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Also that Mauser that Christian Bale uses in the beginning of Public Enemies. :flashfap:

Click here for the full 1246x514 image.

The only sportered mauser I acutally like, and probably because it's sportered from the factory instead of bubba doing it.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Why would you flatten out the bolt handle? It looks like a butter knife :psyduck:
I think it looks pretty cool.

quote:

oh snap back to back Futurama avatars, now if Inspector 71 will get my SAMCRO tag reinstated it'll be a party itt
No world you put YOUR hands up!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Well they're covered in mud and we all know that defeats all IR technology.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

omgLerkHat! posted:

This is the relevant legal poo poo (It's quite long). http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12125.php

The short version is thus:
:words:
So if you were to move from another state and own guns that are not on the list, would you have to get rid of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

for further reading on the elastic nature of human tissue, consult the well-known Goatse publications.

:golfclap: