Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Splash Damage posted:

I just bought an GSG-92 airgun (foregin gun laws!) and I was wondering: does dry-firing it too much (without the CO2) and cocking it all the time without anything actually loading/firing will damage it?

I have a couple of co2 airsoft guns, not that specific model but I never had any problems dry firing them with or without co2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

wigtrade.cc posted:

what is trigger discipline?

Keeping your finger out of the trigger guard until you are ready to fire. The term is usually used to point out the (lack of) trigger discipline in tv shows, anime, etc.

Edit: poo poo, looks like I'm slow.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Ozmiander posted:

My health care provider is sending me a check for $300. This means i should buy a Hawk 892 and $100 worth of shells, right?

Wasn't there somebody on here with one of those that had the magazine end cap sheer off? Since you have 300 bucks I recommend shopping for a used 870 or a Mossberg 500 if you aren't dead set on the 870.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

If you were somehow able to restore it to functioning condition, like patching up the receiver and everything, is it possible to register it legally?

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

I always heard that with newer made .22s its ok to dry fire? I'm not sure if thats because they have a firing pin stop or whatever though.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

iyaayas01 posted:

Not that I was ever really seriously considering buying a Ruger to get my .22 handgun fix (why do that when there are Buckmarks and Hi-Standards and Neos's oh my), but seriously...thank you to all those who told stories that ended either in a bag o' Ruger or selling the drat thing after spending untold hours of frustration. You have ensured for all time that my Ruger .22 collection will be limited to a 10/22.

Its really not all that bad if you actually know what to do. The problem is you have to turn the gun at a certain angle to put it back together or something like that and its pretty much impossible to figure that out unless you already know it. Thats where the bag o' ruger tales come from.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

I might have asked this before but does anybody have a link to Cyrano's stock refinishing guide? I have a old Mossberg 500 and it needs some love.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

PNW goons, where's that shooting pit near Portland? I think it was called Brown Camp or something but I don't remember exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

I'm also pro shotgun. It gives you some ammo options as well which can help the over-penetration issue. I'll let someone more knowledgeable handle that, I use 00 which is not ideal in that respect.