Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.

Ask away!

I'll start: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if said woodchuck had chainsaws for arms and a GAU-8 for a mouth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

Cycloneman posted:

Gonna need a citation on that.

Gonna need you to stop posting in here and get the gently caress out. Thanks!

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

This isn't the videogame thread.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

ChlorineTrifluoride posted:

I never had much of a problem with him. At least he was entertaining. Now we just have Gtab and Drunk Cyrano, with the occasional good box thread to entertain us.

I would love to see a sub-forum that takes all the TFR rules off. Or rather, I would love to see what it devolved into.

It would be like every other "rules free" forum where an annoying clique develops, people start speaking in aol-speak and it's okay to be racist ironically. Totally twisted is exactly right- go look at our other hands-off wonderlands and post there about guns or something. If you want to see it fully "evolved", go to 4chan, I think they even have a weapons forum or something.

If the paintball/airsoft threads bother you so much, don't read them. They are there as containment and in the entire history of TFR, they have never given me any trouble- in fact the only crap I've had to deal with is retards making GBS threads in them. I'm not moving them to ask/tell, I'm not setting up a "not guns" subforum. They are stuck mainly because if I unstick them, they'll archive. If two loving threads are so hard to deal with, I cordially invite you to go gently caress yourself and never come back. I tolerate other off-topic poo poo like that videogame thread and threads about whatever dumb gun-ish tv show people are slobbering over at the moment. I run a loose ship and ignore a lot of stuff the more uppity mods might take issue with, do not sweat two stuck threads. Maybe around the start of the year, I'll refresh them and maybe see about combining them but I'm not going to worry about it for now.

The Desert Eagle thing works along the same lines. I have no problem with it and I lifted the rule before but so many folks here have loving conniptions over the existence of a gun that doesn't have a "tactical" purpose that I had to reinstate it for my sanity. I think there are more than a few people here who want TFR to be renamed "Let's Discuss Glocks, 1911s, ARs and Milsurp!" and that's a shame. A gun is a gun and if it gets people interested in shooting, that's cool with me soooooo-

I'll remove the rule again and let folks post about it but I won't pull any punches if people act like shits.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

On a cold day, everyone and I mean EVERYONE should wipe their asses with mentholated kleenex. It's a magical experience.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

I like turtles posted:

Forum structure wise, I like how GWS is set up - an OT chat thread, and a real question thread. In TFR the stuck question thread obviously isn't really on topic most of the time. Obviously you can't expect to impose too much structure, but the idea of having a questions thread that was actually mostly questions was a big part of the reason I put together the newbie thread.

I stuck your newbie thread because it is good. I had been planning to do it once the Fall shoot thread was done with but I went ahead because it'll all be wrapped up in a week or two, I imagine. I might unstick the news thread because I don't like it, I just don't want to run the risk of people starting more news threads because that one's not up there. I know it's a lot of stuck threads but we'll survive. But your newbie thread is good and having it up top will keep folks from getting overwhelmed in this thread.

As for the OT chat thread, I don't like those- I like people putting a tiny bit of effort into their posting and those things tend to just move like lovely chat rooms and there's already IRC if you want to do that. Folks are right, TFR has the attention span of a toddler on meth and it keeps things fun and easy. We can have a lot of freedom to veer all over the place (like what fun things you can wipe on your butthole) and I trust you guys to get back on track at some point. Sometimes it doesn't work but I still thinkknow TFR is the best forum on here, you guys don't need me to hold your hands to get poo poo done and I like that. I know I don't post in here all that much but I don't post much of anywhere outside the mod forum, but I do try to read everything.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

I've gotten several pm's about it but I can absolutely assure you that I am not doing the pony avatars. I really don't think any other mods are doing it either because we're not really supposed to randomly spam avatars. I guess it could be a really bored admin doing it, I honestly don't know. Title purchases are kept confidential, even to mods.

I could also be lying about that.
But I'm not.
...Or am I?STOP THAT!NO!

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

Cyrano4747 posted:

You mean like the existing threads on movies, reality TV, books, video games, Cold War history/airplanes, Asian politics, and goat farming?

poo poo, about two thirds of the first page involves guns or knives tangentially at best.

Yeah, sorry folks, I draw the line at dedicated off-topic chat threads, that's where all the stupidest clique-y bullshit on the forums are born. I let a lot of poo poo fly but nope, never gonna happen. If you gotta talk about bees and poo poo, do it in pyf or pet island or gbs, I know it's fun talking about poo poo with people you know, but those kinds of threads are just chat rooms and that's really what irc is for. Maybe one day when SA explodes and TFR becomes its own dedicated forum of amazingness, we'll restart the whole SA cycle by subdividing content until that one explodes and so on and on.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

I've been looking but with no luck- has anyone made replacement stocks/forends for the ranch hand yet? With all these crazy "tactical" lever guns coming out and the ranch hand appearing to be a pretty decent seller, I'm kinda shocked someone hasn't made something for it. I just want to mount a light or something to it.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

Hello The human being Room.
Sorry I been gone so much lately. DRAMA and ACTION have been enveloping me IRL lately.

Regardless I decided to sell some guns and I got a NIB Rock Island Armory/Armscor 4" .38 speshyul.

TELL ME NOW WHORESONS AND DEWBERRYS!
Can I shoot .38+p out of a modern manufacture .38? Any cool ammo I should know about?

Sincerely,
Mr. Balls pHd

Welcome back. Stay gone more.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

Widestancer posted:

Like I've said before, normally I would agree with you, but it seems like the bar here has been set so that any trolling results in a week long probation.

So is this a case of "it's okay when we do it but not okay when other people do it"?

Sorry, I just got home from work so I have to drag this back up a bit... I don't act on where a person usually posts but I probate at my discretion. There is no ironclad guide. In the end, it's just a probation. One whole week of not being able to post. I go that long without posting sometimes, it's alright. Don't cry and get upset about it. Also don't cry and get upset if someone who has a weird custom title thing or whatever posts here, even if it's a kinda silly question, answer it or ignore it. I've had titles turned off for years now and it's pretty interesting because I have to take posters at face value because I got no fuckin clue where you're from unless I check your history. Sid's post was more towards the rear end in a top hat end of the silly scale and I don't want a wave of people coming here and ironically asking what's the best way to kill hoodlums and thugs. I would have probated for that even if it was a tfr regular that posted it. TFR isn't a super silly forum. Guns honestly aren't that funny (even the funny looking ones) but if anyone wants to come here and really participate and not just goof off, I welcome it. You come across as a decent poster. My advice to you is not to goad your friends into posting poo poo here that will obviously get them in trouble.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

madeupfred posted:

If I want to "bite the bullet" and finally end my existence as a heteronormative pre-op transwoman, which gun would you recommend I use to shoot my own dick off?

Nah... see this one doesn't work too well.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

Okay babies, calm down. He can become a she during their lil' summer break. It's cool.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

It's basically really concentrated spiced applesauce. It's delicious. The old (now dead) folks in my family up in georgia grew poo poo tons of apples, pears and peaches and made butter and leather with them. Miss that stuff. Don't miss hornets in the pear trees.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

Yeah. They seasoned it a little differently but I can't recall exactly what- wasn't as cinnamon-y. I do know that one of them put orange peel into it. My aunts said that it didn't keep as long as apple butter once it had been opened but I don't think that was ever a problem because it was devoured as soon as they put it out. I don't know the species of pear they grew but they were insanely sweet and juicy- they had a very narrow picking window because they'd rot on the tree in no time- plus the hornets. I remember one of my crazy uncles loading some kind of poisonous powder into a long copper pipe and using his mouth to blow it into the opening of the nests- whatever it was, they'd all be dead by the following day. Probably DDT or some poo poo.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

JRay88 posted:

None of those are anything like apple butter. It's not a real butter like you would think. Like one of the above posters said, it's more like a super concentrated apple sauce. You take the apples and cook them way down, add seasoning and jar it up.

Nope. It usually looks something like this:

My aunts' batches of pear jelly was a little darker and the apple butter was much darker. I don't think there was any sort of dairy in it because it was all made to be preserved in their cellars. Nutritionally, it's not exactly great for you but I think if you look at it versus a normal fruit jelly, the jelly will have more sugar.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

Knock off the stupid political poo poo or I start banning. I'm posting from a phone, so it's hard to see poo poo and I will just have to do it to everyone.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

Maybe don't be a retard and make six poo poo threads at once. Maaaaybe don't make any at all because this isn't GBS.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

infrared35 posted:

That general technique is a pretty old combat shooting method. I don't recall who developed it but the FBI taught it for a while (and may still teach it for all I know). It has some practical advantages:

1) If you're shooting one-handed for whatever reason, it keeps your non-shooting hand stationary and close to your center of gravity so it's not causing you to sway or alter your balance.

2) Your non-shooting hand is poised in a position of relative strength to ward off a physical blow (such as blocking an incoming punch).

3) And, as a side effect, having your non-shooting arm in front of your vitals gives you a tiny bit more protection if you're not wearing body armor.

I like it because you can be all "Oh, ya got me! Right in the ticker! Owww!" and then when they're high-fiving each other you can just start shooting at them in the middle of their celebration. I haven't been in many gunfights but I'd like to think that the best strategy is to make the other side think they've already won. Come out limping, smoosh ketchup packets on you, loudly proclaim "You guys are so good, I just died!"- there's lots you can do to give yourself an unfair advantage.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

We'll be running Art of the Dynamic Surrender seminars this spring.

We'll be filming a dvd set as well.
Vol. 1 - Open with a joke!
Vol. 2 - When you're out of ammo, make pew pew noises.
Vol. 3 - Apologize for everything.
Vol. 4 - Massad Ayoob stares at you shaking his head for three hours.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

I like the idea of idpa but not being able to compete with a flamethrower really stifles my spirit. Instead of having to fit in the little box, I think the rules should be "whatever you can carry".

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

I'd carry Jerry Miculek.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

Cyrano4747 posted:

Maybe three gun is more your speed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhe58xORWG0

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

Bummey posted:

It doesn't have to be. We can be better, but we all have to try.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

I always call them "tools of the murder-craft" when I'm in public. "That which sunders soul from flesh" if I'm with friends or family.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

Hey guys if you don't mind, could you go ahead and tell me about guns? All of them ever made?

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

I hear they offer $100 to anyone who turns in a gun in NYC. That's like twelve times what it's worth- I'd go for that.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

Anyone know where I left my keys?

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

Seriously though, howdy! I kindaaaa don't use my computer that much these days. Hope everyone is good. I've lost my goddamned mind and am moving to California with my wife. Kinda retired, doing okay. Sold all my guns, I'm still into them but the pancreatitis makes standing there and shooting at the range a couple of hours pretty miserable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000

Cyrano4747 posted:

Itís not a thing you shoot on the move... You donít cook while driving...

Both of these sound like a dare.

We're eyeing all over southern Cal. right now. There are so many apartment/rental scams that we're not even seriously looking until we get there. If I can handle the altitude, the San Bernadino mountains are our first choice at the moment. My wife does hair and can get work anywhere, so as long as we're within a few hours of LA, that's about our only goal.