Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Will it be a waste of time this weekend to try and sight a scope on a Remington 742 (.308 Win) at 100 yards with Silver Bear?

(My dad bought the ammo, not me.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Fang posted:

If your scope has not yet been sighted in at all, though, using Silver Bear will reduce the amount of time and ammo the next trip takes.

The scope is right out of the box, so that's good to know.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I have another question. My 870 Express Super Mag won't feed rounds properly. What happens is when I try to chamber 3" slugs, the bolt won't go all the way home. The barrel is seated properly, but I'm thinking the chamber is just really dirty. Anything else I should look at when I strip it down to clean it?

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 20, 2010

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Craptacular posted:

You do have an 870 with a 3" chamber, right?

That is correct.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

chairface posted:

If you've run 2 3/4" shells in it for a long time and been somewhat lax about cleaning the chamber, I'd figure there could well be some buildup in that last 1/4" that just needs to be cleaned out. That's not meant as any kind of criticism, either, I run 2 3/4" shells in my Mossberg 500A and only ever cleaned the thing once.

This is a newer rifled barrel with the cantilever scope mount I bought last fall for deer season. It's only been fed 3" slugs but you're right, it probably is dirty as hell. :v: