Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

FirstPersonShitter posted:

What the hell does high speed low drag mean? I thought it was some kind of TFR in-joke about tacticlol gun aerodynamics but I've seen it used in other places too and I'm worried the world has gone mad.

Here let this man teach you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL4soX9ml2E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Devmd's suppressor was pretty drat quiet on his Kadet kit. I think it was a TacSol of some flavor, but I can't remember for certain. He had a neat wrench to take off the end cap for easy disassembly.

.22 cans get dirty so fast holy poo poo :psyduck:

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

NOW NOW, don't fuel my growing villainous ego. I don't even have orange jumpsuits and mp5ks ordered.

I'm down with your cult or army of whatever so long as our logo is your awesome ink.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

rossmum posted:

I'm sorry, but ice hockey is the only true (non-shooting) sport

Ahem.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

:colbert:

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

spankmeister posted:

Butbut the gubmint :bahgawd:

God I love your avatar so much.

Also this thread has taught me about the MSDS, neato :eng101:

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Eat This Glob posted:

I'd take a chance with hearing damage if it were a HD situation. I did a bit of googling, and 12 gauge with an 18" barrel is around 160 db. 9mm and .45acp were 159 and 154 db respectively. Hearing damage starts to take place at round 90 db. Earlier in my life I shot a .45 without hearing protection to "see what it felt like" (outside, of course but I was still an idiot). It didn't feel good. But, in an HD situation I'll defend my life first and worry about hearing later.

Here's the site with the db ratings for different rounds.

I once fired a 2" Derringer in .45 Colt. Plug in my left ear wasn't seated properly.

I fixed that fairly quickly. :gonk:

What would the legal issues be for someone using a suppressor on their HD weapon?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

QuarkMartial posted:

As long as you're allowed to have one legally, then I'd assume nothing. All I've ever heard against using them was the inevitable civil suit backlash junk - ie, "He used an ASSASSIN'S TOOL to take out the intruder..." Though, if your state protects you from civil suits, then I guess there's really nothing against it?

Virginia is a Castle Doctrine state, and I think they'd have my side in such an event. I should get some cans for my Glock and AR.

SUPER CUSTOMIZED WEAPONS USED IN HOME DEFENSE SHOOTING.

THIS IS A GLOCK SEVEN CUSTOMIZED TO CARRY A THIRTY-FOUR BULLET CLIP FULL OF SXT HOLLOW POINTS THE REDESIGNED COP KILLER BLACK TALON ROUND FROM THE '90S AND THE EXTENDED BARREL IS WORKED TO FIT A SILENCER ALSO THE OLIVE DRAB FRAME IS USED BY SPECIAL FORCES ONLY NOBODY ELSE USES THESE IT BLENDS IN WITH EVERYTHING SO NOBODY CAN SEE YOU :byodood:

And then this picture would flash up on the screen:

Click here for the full 1508x497 image.

:derp: WE HAVE NO WOR-

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 30, 2010

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Uncle Caveman posted:

Are we? In know the VA House approved a CD bill in 2008, but it was killed by the Senate. As for suppressors & HD, I'm not sure, but it is a no-no to CCW a suppressed pistol, or even a pistol with a barrel capable of mounting a suppressor (threaded/QD/etc).

I was always by folks with local government type positions that we are. Not the stupid Illuminati, been here four generations and only let family into the fold cocksuckers that run the area (into the god drat ground) but people who know what the gently caress.

Comedy "Oh pfft around here I'd bury the dude in the back yard and tell the sheriff a couple months later and all I'd get is a 'Well gawersh imagine that! :haw:" response." scenario.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Hey king let I and I get holda dat gat and ting sight respect

I've been playing GTA4 again.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Why would you flatten out the bolt handle? It looks like a butter knife :psyduck:

E:

oh snap back to back Futurama avatars, now if Inspector 71 will get my SAMCRO tag reinstated it'll be a party itt

E:

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 6, 2010

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

A FAL.

Then give it to me and buy whatever else you want.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

My first handgun was a 6" 629. :elmer:

it was free so who was I to argue

Also Zeph I have always enjoyed your avatar :3:

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

bunnielab posted:

Back when I lived up there it was a commonish thing for a "salesman" to be a scout for a burgelry or home invasion ring. It's not like there is any legitmate product that is sold door to door anyway so just never awnser when someone knocks or install on of those flip-up door blocks. I can't remember what they are called, but they function like a door chain, but actualy work.

A couple of guys here tried that at my place Saturday. Roof painting, they said. Nothing they had on them or their vehicle indicated as such.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Horrible taste, horrible poster.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Miso Beno posted:

Stay in Games, we don't want you here.

E:

Maybe you should save money until another lovely dev hires you and promptly folds instead of buying gimmicky poo poo with experience based solely in "hey this video game gun is pretty sweet" nonsense.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

whoa bro don't CAR us to bits

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

ChlorineTrifluoride posted:

Since the market for Spas-12s largely consists of video game playing air-softers who discovered that they can buy real guns. Yes.

The only useful part of a SPAS is the forend cage. With that you can make sweet pulse rifle clones :c00l:

E:

KabeDerlin posted:

Great. I didn't realize those cases were that cheap. A also just found a neat way to make a foam case out of an old toolbox. Thank you once again for the advice. It sounds like this is the best way to please everybody as much as possible.

If you ever want a really beefy case for guns or other expensive items, look here:

http://www.cases4less.com/

I've never seen anyone else beat their price for Pelican cases of any size :)

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 30, 2010

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

What was the website that had the drag and drop firearm mock-up maker?

Pimp My Gun?

I love it except it makes me want to build things I have no money for.

:sigh:

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

What/who makes a good entry level no frills wood furniture FAL? I'm thinking of selling my 700 to fund one as I've already got a few accurate bolt action rifles.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

ChlorineTrifluoride posted:

Anything I should know about installing a tube extension on my new Remington 870 Magnum Wingmaster Deer?

Check the factory mag tube for dimples. Dimples will impede any rounds being loaded into an extension and are generally stupid dumb butts that have no business in being in a gun :colbert:

E:

Does anyone know if I could put a bipod on my Mossberg 46M(a)? I figured out how the swivel works, so now I want to put a bipod on it. The swivel hole doesn't appear to be threaded, so I can't just get a simple screw in one :(

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 8, 2010

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Itchy_Grundle posted:

My recently purchased CMMG .22LR conversion won't fit properly in my Armalite upper. When I try to install it, it will seat about 98% of the way and stop. I believe it's binding on the charging handle.

Is there something about CMMG not fitting in Armalites, or might I have a defective kit from CMMG?

What kind of charging handle do you have?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

spankmeister posted:

Those fookin prawns eh?

I like this post a lot.

I like you a lot.

Even if you went nomad on us :v:

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Naramyth posted:

OD > black. :eng101:

Wisdom right here.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

What is involved with making your own suppressor? I know there's form 1/title 1 shenanigans, and I have a basic understanding of how they work, but what sort of hoops do you need to jump through?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Naramyth posted:

I hate turtles.

:toughguy:

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Can I look up the history of a gun purchased in a state neither gun nor owner reside in anymore?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Balls. I'm thinking of selling the 629 but I don't want it to come back and bite me in the rear end if the sale wasn't on the level.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Yeah I'd want to know if it was stolen. My dad bought it years and years ago, and given his history with guns I'm a bit leery of it. Nobody shoots it, poo poo I doubt he even remembers buying it. .44 Mag is $ouch, I've got plenty of $ouch calibers as is, don't need another one.

I'd probably just sell it if it's clear and buy an Alchimista in .357.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Silento Boborachi posted:

What's a good .22 revolver for plinking at the range?

Single action: Ruger Single Six
Double action: S&W 17 maybe?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Sten Freak posted:

A query can tell you if it was reported stolen. But it will return any records on that gun so if it has any entries, such as if it was used in a felony those records will come back. I don't think they'll track you down or whatever but it may warrant some discretion when making the inqury to the PD "I'm thinking about buying a gun..."

Word. Apparently the gun was bought in Virginia after all, but I still know nothing of it's history. I'd probably play it off like :kiddo: hey I found this gun in the house can you tell me law stuff about it?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

QuarkMartial posted:

Do you have a buyer lined up already?

Nope. Hell I don't even know what to ask for it. I think it's the 6 3/8" model, firing pin on hammer, no lawyer lock, and the little housing for the ejection rod has a little metal dimple on it. Is that what things are referring to when I see "pinned S&W"?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

hvtopiwala posted:

lol it will tkae me FOREVER to read thru this read! but anyways, i just got myself a legit glock 23, polished the barrel just this past weekend! love the gun!!!

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Black Stormy posted:

I can get used 51663s and 51668s for pretty good prices. Just sayin...

Buy things from this dude, he is a peach to deal with.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Gtab posted:

fine 20-something girls and fine leather

I like where this is going :whip:

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

That Lage dude also made a Pulse Rifle clone with a MAC-11 as a base, or so some IRC guys tell me.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Professor Awesome posted:

This is what you're referring to, i believe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am76xV8Aubk

Yeah, that's the one :)

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

El Jorge posted:

Important question, TFR: Do you remember me? :shobon:

I do! Which is awesome as usually my memory is terrible.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

Should I make a NMS megathread about the mexican drug war?

YAY OR NAY

If it's as informative and interesting as your North Korea thread, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I'm gonna be trading guns shortly, with an out of state dude. I do NOT want to send the gun I'm trading through my dealer, as the owner is convinced that I must pay a transfer fee of $50 to send my gun through them. How can I legally send a pistol to someone out of state without dealing with this idiot?