Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

DJExile posted:

Gonna get this out of the way now

ANSWER ONE: Glocks suck.

u gtab

second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

So I never really paid attention to the for sale thread but...did it go away? I have something I need to sell

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

about a year or two ago there was a thread (I am pretty sure it was Infrared's thread) going through the book by someone I can not for the life of me remember. This was from 1930s and I think he was a Ranger. He was an advocate of pistol target shooting and also watched a German soldier for several days return to the same place to take a dump before shooting him mid pinch.

vv - better?

JEEVES420 fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 15, 2012

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Wa11y posted:

Pretty sure it was about Charles Askins. I searched, but I'm not find it. Could be in the archives.

That's him! I could remember the stories but not the name and it was driving me crazy.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, that was Askins. Pretty sure the book was Unrepentant Sinner.

He did some crazy poo poo. He also got the first confirmed kill with a S&W .44 Magnum - he essentially bullshitted his way into getting on a patrol in Vietnam specifically so he could kill a man with his new toy.

There is no questioning that he was pretty influential as far as firearms and weapons technique goes, but the dude was a stone cold psychopath who liked to brag that he'd killed more than 25 men.

25 men not including Mexicans

A while back I found myself in a hole in the wall gun shop somewhere in Texas where the owner was a huge collector of Ranger stuff. He had a 1911 with the trigger guard cut off. He could not tell us why and only speculated it was an intimidation thing. Then reading that thread Askin's says to cut it off to shave a fraction of a second off your draw. He really knew his guns but enjoyed the killing part way too much.