Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

I've got a carry weapon I no longer need up for trade, and am looking for a CZ 75 for competition. I was kind of sold on the SP01, but I have an early offer for a plain 75B... is the difference that great between the two?

I know the SP01 requires some tweaks to qualify for IDPA, but otherwise I hear it is better on all counts. Do any CZ owners here agree/disagree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

king of the bongo posted:

I was checking some notes as...

Awesome notes. The muzzle flip is what I'd like to reduce the most. The 75's I've shot were so soft-shooting even compared to my 229elite, that I'm wondering how much better I need. Nobody rents CZ around here!

Priznat: you are correct on both counts. The shadow is going to be out of my expense range for a while, and I wouldn't mind competing in production class.

Question #2 would be: which is an even trade for a Smith 642 TALO package, like the one I just listed in the classifieds? Am I giving up too much for a plain B?

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

The flip on the sp01 is very very minimal from my experiences with one.

How much were you looking to get out of the 642 package. I checked and saw them starting at 440 on gunbroker for just the pistol alone. If your pistol is in excellent condition then the other person would be getting the better end of the deal with a plain cz75b. If you found a pre-b in excellent condition then it might be fair but even then it is only because you have a pre-b cz75 which is not what you seem to be looking for.

I do have a cheap cz75bd that I rarely shoot anymore and I was casually looking around for a 642. Did you just want a cheap well used fullsize 9mm to shoot or were you looking for a somewhat newer cz75 for trade? Why don't you live in Philly as the shipping and ffl fees were the only things that stopped me from emailing you about the classifieds post. I would not recommend the decocker if you wanted a range gun or wanted to send it out to get worked on as between the firing pin block and decocker, there is only so much you can do to the trigger.

I didn't realize that about the decocker. I tend to prefer them, but my 229 has the SRT system, so the trigger is very nice from factory so I never had to worry about tweaking.

I had not set a price, but I was assuming ~$450-500 with the package. It's good to hear I'm closer to the SP-01 than I thought, now I just need to find out. How much do the 75B and SP-01 usually go for used?

I've loved the action on the CZ's that I've shot so I was looking for that brand specifically, and my 229 covers the compact ground so I wanted something full size to compete with. The 642 is a great weapon, but it's not a fun range gun, and I've got a carry setup that I like.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Alaan posted:

There is always the option of ordering an SP-01 from CZ-Custom and get the single action job done on it at the same time. Add about $100 or so to the cost but get a pretty improved trigger.

Yeah that was out of the question unless I decided to sell outright, which I suppose I should get off my butt and try to do.

Everyone (here) says the SA configuration is the best -- it looks like it comes with an adjustable trigger while the rest don't?

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

I kinda forgot about this thread until my CZ question. Here's another good one.

We've moved recently and have kiddo #2 due any day now, so we're a little behind on family gifts. I need to get my dad a gift to cover Father's Day and his birthday. He's got a Sig 220 that he loves, and somehow just came into a Glock 26 and an IWI .380 (that shall not be otherwise named).

He's got a nice range bag, and a .22 conversion kit for the 220. I know he needs some more mags for the .22 kit, but the only one I've found was $58 (for a 10-round .22 mag) which is ridiculous.

I'm looking to spend about $80 - any ideas?

The only idea I really have is some electronic ear muffs for the range - I love mine. I'd rather not do something like ammo.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Alaan posted:

I'm pretty sure the CZ site doesn't accurately reflect what the base SP-01 comes with for sights. Despite not listing them as a feature, I've only seen them with the nice tritium sights. However the Phantom had night sights listed as a feature but had the lovely ones that need to charge in light first.

I went up to Cabela's and all they had was a stainless 75B and an SP-01 Phantom, so I couldn't compare weights. As far as grips though, they both felt good but something about the SP-01 sat quite a bit lower in my hand. They were both low, mind you, but the SP-01 just that much more. I think the 75B had night sights but I don't recall what the Phantom carried.

I don't know what is so sexy about these pistols, but I can't resist it!

Also, thanks for the tips, I ended up getting my dad some Leight electronic muffs (I love mine), and some gun cleaning odds and ends.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

How clean is it? If you haven't scrubbed it clean yet, do that. My .22's will do that when I don't clean or lube them in a long long time.

My dad passed down his '63 Ruger 10/22 - it hadn't been shot since '93 or '94? It was not accurate at all and bullets were not just keyholing, they were making some really strange holes in paper.

I took it home and rigged up a bore light for .22 - it looked like the Rocky Mountains. I soaked it in CLP on a few different occasions, but ended up having to put the barrel in a vice and hammer a brass cleaning rod through. I should have weighed the lead gunk that came out of it.

Now I make sure it gets cleaned regularly.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

gimpsuitjones posted:

What's the rifle that Al Pacino shoots Tom Sizemore with in Heat?

FN FNC?

vv And this is what I get for not caring enough to double-check :D

AR fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 26, 2010

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

infrared35 posted:

Top Gun Supply has them for $32 each which seems expensive but is basically half of what your place charges.

I love you, in a completely TFR way. I already got him the ear protection but this is the perfect thing to pass off onto my sister who still hasn't gotten him anything and wouldn't care about +/- $6-7.

Now I just need to get the conversion to feed reliably for him...

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Atticus_1354 posted:

What makes you think you can win a force on force conflict with the police/military? You should just bury several school buses to use as hidden bunkers.

How flipping long is that suppressor? I do not want one of those.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Can anyone tell me about the Springfield P9? Got offered one for trade during my search for a 75 or SP01. Dude says it's a Tanfoglio and CZ designed weapon thats out of production. Anyone have personal experience with them?

Pic: http://yfrog.com/06j9ftj

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

infrared35 posted:

Not really, but a dude I sort of know in Canada shoots one for IPSC.

Can you tell it's a Spring from that pic, or do you just know the guy's equipment?

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Uncle Caveman posted:

Not a safe really, but I like the Secure-It lockbox (key or combo lock) for the rare times I have to leave a gun in the car. It won't stop a thief who has both time and a pair of bolt cutters, but it will protect against a smash'n'grab.

I decided against keeping a gun in my car altogether, but when I was considering it, that was the lock box I picked, too.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

HFX posted:

I have to run 30db plugs and muffs or I feel like someone has been hitting me upside the head when shooting indoors. I can't use muffs with a rifle though, but usually it isn't as bad as the handguns.

So, I've run through a lot of brands of ear pros, and I don't think there's much science or regulation as far as listed protection ratings go. My Leight electronic 22's and slim 22's are much quieter than my dad's Academy-brand 34's (I don't even think 34 is a legitimate rating, let alone a true measure of that model).

Since I've stuck with Leight, I've felt like the lower protection ratings they list are more accurate than the other brands that inflate numbers. I've tested mine indoors with rifles/pistols, outdoors with rifles, pistols and shotguns. For a long while I was even shooting outdoors on a concrete slab with an aluminum roof (read: LOUD).

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

HFX posted:

I guess I could try some other ones. I've actually lost hearing as part of my job and it depresses me. Occasionally have to work in server rooms etc. It used to be the sound made my ears hurts. Now it doesn't bother me. That is very depressing.

I'm an audiophile and father of 2 kids who scream and cry. I don't need any more exposure to deafening things either.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Whiteboy posted:

Are the surefire gl2's any good? I need a nightstand and a truck light that won't cost a lot but won't be a piece of poo poo either. Suggestions?

I have the old G2, and I bought the P60L bulb for it before the G2L's came out. Then, my wife got a G2L. I think both are great. The Zytel has been perfect in warm and cold weather, both bulbs are blinding and the battery life is good. I've also dropped both a couple of times and they've taken absolutely no damage.

They outrank my truck light (I don't really have a truck), a 4-cell maglite, in every category except "beating potential". For that reason, when I carry a Surefire I make sure I also have a large blunt object.

AR fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Aug 12, 2010

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Chantilly Say posted:

What kind of effect are orange or yellow lenses on shooting glasses supposed to have? High contrast for trap shooting?

This is not a lmgtfy - I've been researching and was curious about purple lenses:

The Internet posted:

Lenses in these hues [yellow and orange] block haze and blue light and enhance the orange color of the target. The brighter yellow the lens color is, the better it is for use in low contrast and near-dark conditions.

Alternatively, a light purple color, which actually is a combination of a neutral gray and a vermilion, is good for enhancing the orange of a target against a background of tall trees.

Vermilion itself is useful to highlight conditions where there is poor background, such as trees, and to enhance the target against the background. Gray is a neutral, or "true," color that lets you see all colors as they are. Gray shooting lenses do not enhance the target, but they reduce glare in bright sunlight.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

walrusman posted:

Don't get a Sigma, yech. The trigger is abominable. Best advice is to shoot everything, and if you end up liking an expensive thing best (coughSigcough), save up a couple more months and get something you truly love. You'll shoot it more and have more fun.

Welcome to TFR. :unsmith:

Sig CPO/red box pistols are some of the best deals around. A buddy picked up a 226R at a gun show for $450. He had some strange finish problems after the first cleaning (normally CPO don't have any problems), and Sig replaced it with a new one. Of course, I'm not saying that's the average deal for them, but they're still not that bad!

As for the Sigma - are there any other hobbies you participate in so we can draw you a nice comparison you'll understand as to why you may like it now but for the wrong reasons?

There are so many good, inexpensive pistols out there now between the M&P/XD/Glock/CZ/RIA, etc. Private sales are even better as long as you or someone you know can eyeball the weapon for abnormal wear and tear.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Gun widths

I wondered about this when I had my G30 next to my 229E. The 229 is listed thicker, but the widest part is the edge of the decocker, whereas the design of the Glock means it's almost the full width. This means even more when comparing a 1911 with a flat safety. Without the safety, it's thin!

CMA: Unless those are grip-only measurements.

AR fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 17, 2010

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Motronic posted:

You might want to look into this magical spinning device called a drill. With one of those, you can install your very own peep hole in under 5 minutes.

I read this in R. Lee Ermey's voice.

I would expect that anyone attempting to enter my home after being explicitly told not to do would probably cause me to reach, but I also wouldn't open my door if I couldn't see who it was.

It would probably be easiest to fire a warning shot through the door. No more salesmen, and easy peepholes. Instruct friends and family to duck after knocking.

AR fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 17, 2010

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

bunnielab posted:

Back when I lived up there it was a commonish thing for a "salesman" to be a scout for a burgelry or home invasion ring. It's not like there is any legitmate product that is sold door to door anyway so just never awnser when someone knocks or install on of those flip-up door blocks. I can't remember what they are called, but they function like a door chain, but actualy work.

One night when I had a couple of friends over last Fall, a woman I've never met walks straight in behind the last guy to show up. Half of us assumed he brought a friend until we asked for an introduction and he looked as befuddled as we did.

Then, she pipes up, "ya'll wanna buy some meat?" Her boyfriend was waiting in a pickup truck in the middle of the street with a truck bed full of raw meat they needed to sell. This was at about 8 PM on a weeknight. She was attractive and well-dressed, which was even stranger.

I assumed she was just casing the house but I never heard anything from the meat people again.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Warbadger posted:

Looks like the perfect time for this image.

Click here for the full 793x577 image.

That looks like a GI Joe guy staged really close to the lens.

hagrd posted:

Tom Knapp and Bob Munden.

Jerry Miculek is always good for some youtube entertainment, too.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Professor Awesome posted:

The Meat Truck is a proud rural tradition. My wife and I live in Bumblefuck, MO and last time he visited us he was just trying to liquidate the last of what he had in the truck because his cooling unit had crapped out so for a little over $100 we got a delicious assortment of steaks for dinner every night for like two and half months

For us, it was far from rural - Austin, TX a few miles from downtown. I think they also used the "it's going to go bad if we don't get rid of it" line, and while I know cooking meat pretty much kills anything that would hurt you I'd always imagine it was the last customers who complained or something.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

So my 5 year wedding anniversary is this Friday, and it looks like the 5 year anniversary is traditionally the "polycoat black" anniv.

I was jonesing for a CZ last month (trade, opted to hold onto my 642 instead) and narrowed it down to either a CZ 75B SA, or an SP-01. The only reason I'd be buying another pistol would be for a range toy that I'd use in IDPA/IPSC/whatever orgs are here.

Any thoughts on these two models that might help decide between the two or avoid them if necessary?

I do not own a rifle other than my 10/22, nor a shotgun, so I'm open to other ideas for the anniversary - everything but pistols is outside my expertise, so they're off my radar.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Kommienzuspadt posted:

you dont haev a shotgun?!?! blasphemy! thought i cant exactly tell you not to buy a CZ either.

i would get the 75B SA personally between those two.

Any reason other than it's SA? I haven't fired the SA or the SP01, so all I can imagine is that both are much better.

My father in law has some great trap guns (Beretta semis), as does my brother in law, so there hasn't been a need. Also, I can fake the shotgun racking noise so I use pistols for HD.

ArcMage posted:

Note that if you do get a 75B SA, that'll put you out of Production class.

Great, that's another angle of advice I'm looking for. I'm guessing the class it falls into would be race guns?

AR fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 18, 2010

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

blackknight5k posted:

What's the hive mind's opinion on taurus 1911's?

From what I recall, decent action, but easily worn finishes - somebody mentioned not to buy the blued versions because of the finish. I think this was all before the RIA weapons were popular, and those became the go to inexpensive but good 1911s.

SynMoo posted:

I imagine this question comes up a lot, so I'd rather drop it here than make a new thread.

What's a good starter pistol? I have almost zero firearms experience. I'm looking for a good amalgamation of easy to fire, easy to clean and reliable. The best I can tell, all signs point to Glock, but what size and caliber? Or something else entirely? I eventually intend to CCW, but that criteria isn't important initially.

Like he said, a .22 pistol like a Ruger or Buckmark to develop good practices with. Once you have more experience with a weapon like this, you can make a better informed decision about what gun you'd like for CCW (because it won't be a semi-auto .22), and you'll be happier.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

whyyyyyy posted:

I'm currently with the 101st and our CIF issued us the wileyx and sawfly eyepro when we got to the unit. It is mandatory in the army to wear eye protection as part of your basic loadout of protective gear. They also issue these rubber ear plugs that make it impossible to hear anything, so yes people don't usually wear them because those aren't mandatory. However before I deployed I went out of my way to buy some surefire ep3's which are pretty great since I can still hear pretty well with them on.

Any comparisons between the Wiley's and Sawpro? I'm looking into some specs that won't scratch as easily as my $10 models and have been collecting some of the brand names on the last couple of pages to look up. I wanted a set with interchangeable lenses for indoor/outdoor/contrast.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

I thought I had narrowed down my CZ search to two (75B SA, SP-01), but it turns out that I was overlooking the CZ 85 because I had it confused with the 82 and now there's another gun in the mix :psypop:.

I posted around GlockTalk to see if any were being sold used, and asked some of the same questions I asked here, and this guy with an 85 Combat as well as a gorgeous Stainless 75B and an SP-01 Shadow (~$1200), says that his 85 Combat is the best of his collection. Of course, personal preference, grain of salt, etc.

In general I've heard so much more about the 75 vs. SP-01 debate, and the 85 Combat has never really come up. Is it that great?

- No drop safety helps trigger creep... more so than a 75B SA?
- Ambidextrous everything is a bit of an unnecessary extra for me.

I wish there was a CZ outlet near me so I could just go shoot each one and end it.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

wood grain grippin posted:

I just bought these pair of Rudy Project Rydons and they are nice as heck.

http://www.e-rudy.com/index_inner_detail.php?group_id=1&cat_id=1&item_id=SN790306S5

Plus they sponsor Blake <3

I remembered liking his on the show, but wow they must be nice for $275! I expect they have some anti-shrapnel active defense program that returns fire on anything flying at your face, right?

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

ChlorineTrifluoride posted:

Someone should make a kit to dress a Benelli M4 up like a Spas Velociraptor.

At least then people will have a legitimate argument to make about scaring intruders without firing, above the racking sound.

AR fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 30, 2010

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

AbdominalSnowman posted:

Should I just buy a Ruger 10/22 and upgrade the poo poo out of it over time?

I got my dad's '63 Ruger 10/22, and had to basically restore it to shooting condition. I had the same expectation that you do, as far as needing to massively trick it out.

Along the way I spent $20 on a drop-in sear replacement (memory fuzzy, sounds right) and it cleaned the trigger up to an amazing smooth, crisp pull. I also got a rubber bolt stop to replace the metal one so that the bolt made less noise. Then I ran out of things that needed to be done. It's an awesome rifle as-is.

Unless you want to tacticlol it, there's really not that much that needs to be done especially on a current production 10/22. However, it is a great format for a DIY gun if upgrading it is what you decide to do.

If I were going to go for a fun replica plinker though, I'd stay away from the GSG and go with the S&W 15-22. That gun was a blast, and I think you can get into one for around $300.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Smiling Jack posted:

Hivemind: tell me about earpro that I can plug my MP3 player into.

Are these any good?

I love mine and recently bought my dad a pair. Anything Leight is awesome, especially in comparison to the off-brands with "higher" Ndb ratings.

GroovinPickle posted:

I've used these ear buds with the foam tips. They provide enough protection for something like 9mm out in the open, or .22lr, or if something is louder you could put standard muffs over the top.

That's funny, I've got a set of those as well but forgot they gave me all the extra ear pieces (including foam). I might have to try that out next time I'm at the range. I typically use the double-flange when just listening to my ipod.

AR fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 2, 2010

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

I narrowed down my CZ search to an 85 Combat or a used and seriously beat up CZ SP-01 Shadow to keep the price down. The perks of the 85 Combat over a normal 85B were upgraded sights and lack of a firing pin block for smoother trigger pull (and hilarious results if dropped).

That said, a standard 85B in mint condition has come up for sale locally, including 4 mags, 2 holsters and some seriously ugly grips along with the stock ones.

The listed price at this point is $450, but it sounds like there's room for movement because it's the last weapon of a set to go and his only pending deal requires shipping which he is very against.

I was planning on spending around $150-$200 more for the 85 Combat, assuring I'd have some factory upgrades for production competition, but I hadn't found one yet.

Is this just a stupid deal to pass up? I looked up some gunbroker prices on 85's but there were no individual sales, just dealers, but the lowest was $479 with one mag.

Update:
The frame is stamped "sdn mexico df" on the right side as well, which google says means it's part of a canceled Mexican defense contract?

Also I looked up the seller's name and somebody registered a hate URL in his name warning about fraud - selling weapons a few times online and then selling it locally.

Looks too good to be true :(.

AR fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 5, 2010

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

I like turtles posted:

Judge with .410 versions of:
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/cPath/199_201/products_id/1092

:clint: OC in the first chamber, birdshot in the second, buck in the third, slug in the fourth, .45lc in the fifth

First round needs to be a recording of a shotgun racking, second is a blank, third is a louder blank with a recording that says "I mean it...", then OC, then birdshot.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

SouthsideSaint posted:

I am looking at getting a cz-75 pretty soon. I was wondering wether or not the compact model would be better. Would comparing the compact and regular size to the size difference of a glock 17 to a 19, be about the same in size diffrence with the cz's?

Is this a range, carry, or jack-of-all-trades gun? I've been shopping the range/competition type CZ, so I'd rather have the full size model with the longer sight radius. As far as carry is concerned, it's really the slimness of the pistol that matters over length in my experience depending on your size/shape. Both the compact and the full size have good reviews.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Sivlan posted:

Its a pretty finicky gun. Alas, its my first gun ever so not a great experience. Picky with ammo (will only fire 40gr ammo that I've tried so far, I dunno what the hell grains are but if it says 40gr it seems to be okay with it) and, the damnedest thing, a random spring jumped out of it when I field stripped it for the first time. Having borrowed a friends Kimber Custom II and his tricked out Glock something or other (19 I think) I'd have to say the trigger pull on the brand new stock Mosquito I got is vastly inferior.

On the plus side, it did teach me how to 1) deal with failure to eject, 2) deal with failure to fire, 3) really work on the trigger squeeze.

I've no idea how the accuracy is as I'm brand new to shooting so I'm sure the bullet holes all over the paper are my fault rather than the guns.

Edit: Actually this was supposed to be a question that kind of turned into a rant about the Mosquito.

How do I properly dispose of rounds that fail to fire? I've got about 10 of them I tried to fire about 3 times each before I decided what I was doing was stupid and I should probably not try to fire them anymore. I'm assuming I can't just throw them in the trash.

I throw them downrange [.22 duds, not the Mosquito, although...].

As for the Mosquito, I remember when it came out it being horribly unreliable with some of the symptoms that you've mentioned. I'm not sure if they ever improved it, I just made a mental note to stay away.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Mr_Person posted:

Is an NRR of 22 really enough? The earplugs I usually use are a 26 in my ears according to the fancy hearing protection test rig at work. They're fine when it's just me shooting, but being a couple of lanes down from a guy with a K98k still seems borderline-dangerously loud. These are tempting, but not if I'd have to wear earplugs under them and defeat the whole purpose.

Those muffs rated @ NR22 keep it quieter than my Academy branded NR30. I've mentioned it quite a few times but I think Leight's ratings are more accurate/honest than others.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Comedy Jew posted:

I am your typical liberal minded new york jew with a serious problem...I love guns, I have always thought they were so cool. I love the mechanistic quality of the process of firing a bullet. I love the smell that bullets leave behind. I just think guns are all around bad rear end. This is a problem for two reasons: first, I don't have any close friends who own guns, or can help me learn about them. Second my family wouldn't understand my choice to own a firearm. In fact one of my ex-girlfriends told me she could never marry a man who owned a gun.

Getting to the point. How does someone in my relatively isolated position learn about guns (how to shoot, clean, talk about, etc.)? Obviously, wikipedia has a plethora of information, but it is a bit too much to dive into. I need a place to start. Any advice?

I would agree with getting some basic knowledge from the internet but an NRA or other type firearm instruction course is a very good idea. You need to be hands on with supervision your first time (in the case that you're here asking for help). You'll be more confident and it'll reduce the chances that you have a bad experience that scares you off.

Also, glad that ex-girlfriend sounded her own crazy alarm before you were too serious. Guns or not, that's a dumb ultimatum to relate to marriage.

Edit: Buy a Ruger 10/22 and go hog wild.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

A friend of a friend is selling off a family collection. No prices yet, but any guns worth getting excited about here?

Edit: Also, Makcaroft. :eng101:

Estate Sale posted:

Rifles, etc.
45-70 Gov. Mauser Action, handcrafted stock, bedded, no serial #
Enfield 1908 (antique)
Stoner SR-25, 7.62mm, NEW
UZI semi-automatic model A, 9mm para imi-Isreal, Action Arms manufacturer, 2 clips and carrying pouch
Poly Tech AK-47S Legend, 7.62x39mm semi-automatic Paratrooper NEW
Mitchell high standard 12 ga., 2 chamber pump Mitchell model 9111-BL NEW
SKS 7.62x39, Russia
Mauch IV 221VI 17 CAL, Sako action, hand made stock, bedded
US Gov. Remington model 03-A3
US Gov. Carbine, cal .30 mi, IBM Corp.
Street Sweeper/12ga., Cobray-manufacturer, registered
US Rifle M1A Springfield Armor, NEW
Colt AR-15, A2 Hbar Sporter, cal. .223
Auro-Ordinance Corp. Thompson semi-automatic carbine, cal. .45, model 1927 A5, NEW
45-70 Birds eye, maple stock
30-06, Mauser action, 1957 handmade stock, bedded, no serial #
Mossberg model 190KB, 16 ga. bolt-action, clip fed shot gun, no serial #
Winchester 30-30 carbine side eject, Model 94 Winchester classic
6mm Mauser action, hand made stock, bedded, (MAY NOT SELL)
Colt Sporter, cal. .223 match h bar
Mausberg 12 ga., model 600AT
S.P.A.S. 12, 11 franchise S.P.A.-Brescia, made in Italy
6mm Mauser 80 action, 1939, handmade stock, bedded, no serial #
Bull barrel, Mauser action SR, 22? swift
US Remington model 1903
45-100, handmade stock, action made in 1862, (MAY NOT SELL)
Thompson sub machine gun, semi automatic carbine cal. .45, model of 1927 Space A1
Poly Tech AK-47S (AKS-762), 7.62 x 39mm Paratrooper

PISTOLS
Colt D.A. 45. US model 1917, # 10/244
American Arms Inc. P98 cal. 22 l.r.
Baikal B AC cal. .380-ACP Makcaroft, made in Russia
Auto mag .44 amp model 180, Pasadena, CA, has case
FMJ double barrel Derringer, cal 45 long, Colt .410 3 inch shotgun
P.38 Walther, German, leather holster
Colt-M 1991 A1, Officers compact model, 45 cal., .45

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Spike has a show called Auction Hunters where two guys bid on storage units without knowing the full contents and resell the items for profit (like all the other shows exactly like it). They just found a safe, and after cutting it open an H&K P7 falls out. They consult a gun expert and shop owner who offers them $175 for it. They haggled up to $225. :psyduck:

It was in fair condition but it fired like it was new. I would have given them $250...