Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Y-Hat posted:

This is not my dog, it belongs to a cool Twitter user who occasionally posts pictures of his dogs. The bigger dog wearing a scarf is named Chuppy.

My sister has boxers with the same coloring, one light one dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Little Dog:

Big Dog:

Xixox
Nov 8, 2009
This is my dog Bailey at about 6 weeks old in the shelter where we rescued her

She's a dachshund/bluetick coonhound mutt. Don't know how that worked out, but she got a kickin' rad brindle coat out of the mix. She's 3 years old now.

She thinks she's a supermodel with all the pics we're snapping.

But really she's a bit of a spaz.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Dog thread can't keep up with the cat thread. Here's a picture of a friend's dog:

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.
Dog thread is superior. Long live the dog thread! :black101:

Azrael Alexander has a new favorite as of 19:44 on Jan 27, 2012

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Azrael Alexander posted:

Dog thread is superior. Long live the dog thread! :black101:

:black101:

lovely phone picture but my dog loves these bones. I hate them because they get gooey when she slobbers all over them and then I have to wash the sheets. She also pushes the comforter/sheets all the way down to the end of the bed, always.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Combo posted:

lovely phone picture but my dog loves these bones. I hate them because they get gooey when she slobbers all over them and then I have to wash the sheets. She also pushes the comforter/sheets all the way down to the end of the bed, always.

Eww you let her have a chewey in your bed? We have special dog towels for that at our house. Our little dog likes to get under the covers, though the big one usually sleeps at the foot of the bed. The other night they decided to switch places though which was pretty :3:

Here's one of my favorite pics of the big one, though it is a repeat:

stubblyhead has a new favorite as of 19:56 on Jan 27, 2012

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

stubblyhead posted:

Eww you let her have a chewey in your bed? We have special dog towels for that at our house. Our little dog likes to get under the covers, though the big one usually sleeps at the foot of the bed. The other night they decided to switch places though which was pretty :3:

Let? No.

But when we first give her one, she doesn't eat it...it took her I think a week and a half to finally start eating this one.

She waits until we aren't at home. And her pushing the stuff off the bed is about an everyday occurence.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Combo posted:

Let? No.

But when we first give her one, she doesn't eat it...it took her I think a week and a half to finally start eating this one.

She waits until we aren't at home. And her pushing the stuff off the bed is about an everyday occurence.

Ahh, I see. Chewies are a closely supervised activity in our house for exactly that reason--they get to work on them for a while, then they get taken away.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

dinozombiesgoRARR posted:

Fallout: New Vegas is a helluva game!

This is a dog being terrorized by a duckling.

AND WHERE'S SUPERCON? This is a DOG THREAD, but there's only one pic of Frankie? That ain't right.

Frankie spam, inbound!

Frankie's bad day:

Some more puppy Frankie:

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
Sorry for the blurriness, I can never get a good picture. This is Wasabi getting ready to go to the airport. Nobody put him in the bag (it's a carrier bog for small dogs), he got in himself. He LOVES to go on airplanes. If you bring the bag out the night before, he'll try to drag it upstairs to the bedroom. He has to make sure he doesn't get left behind.

edit:
Also, here is a great video. Somebody attached a high quality video camera to their dog at a dog park.

Beautiful Day at the Dog Park
http://vimeo.com/35616659

particle409 has a new favorite as of 21:57 on Feb 1, 2012

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive

xoFcitcrA posted:

Pictures of a Boston Terrier

Awe, your dog is so adorable. Reminds me of my mom's dog.

Have some pictures of my best friend's dog (another one I had to leave behind last summer when I moved :smith: )

She's convinced she's a lap dog, and will crawl into your lap, despite there being only a few inches. And oh so spoiled. But adorable :3:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
People seem fond of Lucy. She's certainly the most "interesting" dog in our house.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Lullabee posted:

Awe, your dog is so adorable. Reminds me of my mom's dog.

Have some pictures of my best friend's dog (another one I had to leave behind last summer when I moved :smith: )

She's convinced she's a lap dog, and will crawl into your lap, despite there being only a few inches. And oh so spoiled. But adorable :3:

My shepherd loves to think she's a lapdog too. Bestest breed ever.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

I heart bacon posted:

My shepherd loves to think she's a lapdog too. Bestest breed ever.

Gretchen agrees

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Robo Olga posted:

Gretchen agrees

And a great name too! Mine is Josie.

dirtysoundfx
Nov 14, 2003
Dog thread forever.

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.
Hey might as well! Here's some more pics of Abe, my mini schnauzer. Best dog ever.

Being smug

Beating his grandma

Bedding down for the -15C night

I was never really too attached to Schnauzers until I got Abe. Now I want another one. And a standard. And a giant. Screw kids, I need to adopt me a hoard of Schnauzers of all colors and sizes.

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out
Dogs being dogs

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Lullabee posted:

Beautiful dog :) when my family had our Rottweiler (RIP Bertha) she was the same way...only, she was loving HUGE, like 145 pounds. Had zero problem crawling up in your lap on the couch because really, what are you gonna say or do to make her move? Even if you tried, she'd give this sad "why you no want me here? :(" look and it pretty much melted you into a puddle of goo.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Dogs being dogs

Fatass chihuahuas are the best chihuahuas. :3:

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

I'm sorry, this is going to be a little depressing.

This is our Finnish Lapphund, Jasu:

We got him thirteen years ago. He was nothing but a tiny shivering ball of fur bag then, and never quite outgrew it. Jasu was our little runt dog. In his latter years he became even goofier looking when he lost his ear.

It's an old cliche but what he lacked in size he made up in personality. He was the smartest dog I have ever known. Not in an obedient sense though - every time we would tell him to sit he would not only sit but paw, lie down, roll around and bark, all in one smooth routine. But he was a thinking dog. When my parents were teaching him to stay in a pen outside during the day he simply climbed over the 2 meter fence. Jasu avoided other dogs but would sleep in a ball with our cats. Every time someone came to our yard he would greet them (visitors and family members alike) with a low and enthusiastic AROOOW yowl and wagging his tail so hard his whole butt shaked. Here's a picture of him yowling:

Last time I saw him was Christmas. He walked a little slower than before and had started to lose his eye sight but was still yowling at us just like when me and my siblings still lived at home and Jasu greeted us when coming back from school.

Two days ago he was attacked by two much larger dogs. He's always been a good runner but this time he didn't make it and the dogs killed him.

Goodbye Jasu. I don't think I'll ever meet such a strange dog again.

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out
WARGARBLARBLBLBLB

http://www.littlefriendsphoto.com/

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Doll House Ghost posted:

Two days ago he was attacked by two much larger dogs. He's always been a good runner but this time he didn't make it and the dogs killed him.

Goodbye Jasu. I don't think I'll ever meet such a strange dog again.

Holy poo poo, I'm so sorry. He was a beautiful dog :smith:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
Unfortunately they're only scanned photos, but here's pictures of when my little princess was still a puppy :)

(Bernese Mountain Dog, aka big teddybears :D)

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

This is Tess. She's a... something. Obviously there's some pomeranian in there. She arrived one day, tapping on the door with her paw. She has not departed yet, although we searched for months for her owner. Now she's tattooed, chipped, and our dog. The vet estimated her age at 2 or 3 when she arrived, so she's 16 or 17 now, and still bounds around happily, does frantic circles when it's walk or dinner time, and sits, drops, jumps up, and shakes (and understands "other paw" and offers her other paw for a shake). She's a strange little dog, but extremely friendly.

She is scared of sticks, sudden noises, and vaccum cleaners, but not of thunder, hands, or people unless they are holding a stick or vaccum cleaner. To my knowledge, nobody here has ever hit her at all, let alone with a stick.

She frets if people are in different rooms, and walks back and forth until we're all in the same place, and then lies down happily.

If someone goes out, she waits in the entryway, where she can keep her eye on the door, lounge, and kitchen all at once. I think someone left her once, and she's making sure it never happens again. It never will.

This is Sim, or Simmeh. He's also a... something, although a different sort of something than Tess. Obviously there's some pibble in there. He was a rescue, and belongs to a friend of my brother. He has a burn mark on his thigh, and thinking about how he might have got it sucks.

He's dumb, friendly, and has abandonment issues. He's also very loyal, and will do as he's told even if he's scared, poor thing. He chews the hell out of things, but only after you tell him it's ok. He's put his head through the drywall three times so far, and still hasn't figured out how to corner on tiles. His owner calls him "dim sim", which is somewhat appropriate. He's very lovable though, and once I get him chilled out he's the best camping dog ever (lies by the fire and receives pats). Edit: he's apparently recently learned to fetch beer, but he usually fucks it up somehow.

Between meeting Sim and Tess, my girlfriend is now a dog person as well as a cat person (and due to her awesome weird cat, I'm a cat person now too).

Elector_Nerdlingen has a new favorite as of 14:56 on Feb 10, 2012

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

http://www.littlefriendsphoto.com/

The goofy look on these 2 faces is killing me :xd:

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly

Lullabee posted:

I told my mom to get a German Shepherd (they recently had to have their dachshund put to sleep :( ) and she said, "Oh, no. They say those dogs are mean. They used to train those dogs in Germany." I believe she was talking about the Nazis for some reason.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Took this at a friend's house a few weeks back.

Simon by AxelDR, on Flickr

That dog loves water.

noggut
Jan 15, 2008

Das Butterbrot posted:

Unfortunately they're only scanned photos, but here's pictures of when my little princess was still a puppy :)

(Bernese Mountain Dog, aka big teddybears :D)

:3: Got any recent ones?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE

He has seen things that change a dog

BunLengthHotDog
Jun 30, 2003

Good Game
New Boxer Puppy

BunLengthHotDog has a new favorite as of 05:52 on Feb 12, 2012

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

BunLengthHotDog posted:

New Boxer Puppy

That is a fantastic photo. I cant stop staring at its eyes. I hope you gave it a great super hero name.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

"That drat dog better not be wiggling again!"

My friends and I must have brain damage as much as we laughed at this thing. Why that guy hates it when dogs wiggle remains a mystery.

FAH Q
Aug 19, 2007

Certified Monster Fucker
Dogs!

Skilgannon
Feb 25, 2005
Joining in the German Shepherd love.

This is Scout when we got her at about 6 weeks old.

And this is her now at about 5 years old.

Yeah, those German Shepherds sure are ferocious.

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

"That drat dog better not be wiggling again!"

My friends and I must have brain damage as much as we laughed at this thing. Why that guy hates it when dogs wiggle remains a mystery.

Somebody posted the original video on the PYF Macro thread. I think it's better in the gif where they added the guy leaving to make it a loop. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0MSLlY7Wio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Moscow Mule posted:

Somebody posted the original video on the PYF Macro thread. I think it's better in the gif where they added the guy leaving to make it a loop. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0MSLlY7Wio

I just realized that the dog is scratching its back against the chair, and not just tweaking out.

• Locked thread