Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

This is Tess. She's a... something. Obviously there's some pomeranian in there. She arrived one day, tapping on the door with her paw. She has not departed yet, although we searched for months for her owner. Now she's tattooed, chipped, and our dog. The vet estimated her age at 2 or 3 when she arrived, so she's 16 or 17 now, and still bounds around happily, does frantic circles when it's walk or dinner time, and sits, drops, jumps up, and shakes (and understands "other paw" and offers her other paw for a shake). She's a strange little dog, but extremely friendly.

She is scared of sticks, sudden noises, and vaccum cleaners, but not of thunder, hands, or people unless they are holding a stick or vaccum cleaner. To my knowledge, nobody here has ever hit her at all, let alone with a stick.

She frets if people are in different rooms, and walks back and forth until we're all in the same place, and then lies down happily.

If someone goes out, she waits in the entryway, where she can keep her eye on the door, lounge, and kitchen all at once. I think someone left her once, and she's making sure it never happens again. It never will.

This is Sim, or Simmeh. He's also a... something, although a different sort of something than Tess. Obviously there's some pibble in there. He was a rescue, and belongs to a friend of my brother. He has a burn mark on his thigh, and thinking about how he might have got it sucks.

He's dumb, friendly, and has abandonment issues. He's also very loyal, and will do as he's told even if he's scared, poor thing. He chews the hell out of things, but only after you tell him it's ok. He's put his head through the drywall three times so far, and still hasn't figured out how to corner on tiles. His owner calls him "dim sim", which is somewhat appropriate. He's very lovable though, and once I get him chilled out he's the best camping dog ever (lies by the fire and receives pats). Edit: he's apparently recently learned to fetch beer, but he usually fucks it up somehow.

Between meeting Sim and Tess, my girlfriend is now a dog person as well as a cat person (and due to her awesome weird cat, I'm a cat person now too).

Elector_Nerdlingen has a new favorite as of 14:56 on Feb 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread