Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gladi
Oct 23, 2008

Butthole Prince posted:

A friend went to Europe and traveled primarily by rail. From what he told me, he had to share the cabin with 3-4 people and it was near impossible to sleep. Is it possible to get a private cabin, and if so, how much do those run?

Bright day
You can always reserve all six seats/ all three beds. Though it would end being cheaper to travel with your own aeroplane I guess. Buying first class tickets does not help on well travelled lines. Going from Berin to Vienna the first class wagon will be as full as other wagons. Of course, if you are taking EC train to Carpathian mountains a first class tickets grants you use of an entire wagon.

I think that buying a first class ticket to bed wagon, will give you private compartment. I do not think couchette wagons have first class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gladi
Oct 23, 2008
^Parking spot in a city? Like really? I would not hold hope. Especially a non-residental parking spot? In some places pretty much impossible. So yeah you to leave car out of the way or possible look into garages in cities.

But you should be able to get to the hostel, unpack, and only then park the car away. AFAIK. Of course the driver will then spend few extra hours on travel.