Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
Hey guys, I'm planning a trip to Europe for the start of September, and I've got a few questions.
1. With around 2K euros spending money, how long should I book my trip for? I was trying to have the departure date flexible, so I'd be able to book it for when I started to run out of money, but it seems that that option is pretty expensive, so that kind of defeats the purpose.
2. I'll be doing the backpacking thing, planning on staying in lots of hostels. I read that I didn't have to book too many days in advance. Is this true in september? Also I was thinking of bringing a small tent, is it practical to camp outside in september and early october? Canada has a lot of national parks where camping is free, is there any parallels in Europe?
3. I'm Canadian, I was planning on flying into Heath-row, because I heard that's generally the cheapest. Probably flying out of Toronto. I heard about the Schereger visa, that Canadians get that allows them to stay for up to 60 days? Is that still the case of flying into G.B? Also I was under the understanding that just getting to customs resulting in the issuance of the visa, is that the case or do I have to apply earlier?
Thanks for your help guys, I've had the dream of a Grand Tour since I've been young, I want to avoid having reality ruining my dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU