Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suntory BOSS
Apr 17, 2006

Getting really worried about this European snow clusterfuck :ohdear:
I'm flying out Christmas Day from Tokyo>Guangzho>Paris>Amsterdam and then back again on New Years Day, even a day's delay will make me late getting back to work. I doubt if China Southern would provide a refund if I cancelled so I guess I'll just have to hope for the best?

edit; Somebody reassure me :smith:

Suntory BOSS fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suntory BOSS
Apr 17, 2006

Nope...

edit; VVV Thanks a ton, I also checked the weather and came to the same tentative, hopeful conclusion. Fingers crossed...

Suntory BOSS fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Dec 20, 2010

Suntory BOSS
Apr 17, 2006

I'm leaving Japan tomorrow without having been able to exchange my dollars ($1500) for Euros. I was even told by a bank teller here that I can't even do it at Narita International Airport and will have to wait until I actually arrive in Europe to make an exchange.

Can I rely on being able to change $1500USD during either my Paris layover or in Amsterdam (Schipol) airport? Is there anywhere in Amsterdam itself that I might get better dollar-Euro rates than the airport?

edit; In case anybody else is ever in the same boat, I'm at Narita and found out that you can indeed only exchange to/from (whichever foreign currency) to yen and back. So if you have a bunch of dollars, as I did, you would have to change from USD to Yen and then to Euros or whatever (incurring double fees). Long story short, definitely wait until arriving in Europe since they can exchange any currency directly to Euros.

Suntory BOSS fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 25, 2010

Suntory BOSS
Apr 17, 2006

Assumed like an idiot that it'd be easy to find a hotel in Amsterdam, but it looks like everything is booked or above our budget ($90-$120 per night).

If anybody is familiar with a good hotel in Amsterdam that has vacancies (either 3 single rooms or one three-bed room), please let me know :smith: