Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatschach
Dec 25, 2006

Who watches the goatman?

Gordian posted:

As far as housing goes, the barracks are nearly full. They're even tossing around the idea of sending some lower enlisted off base (Air Force is moving some airmen to a hotel, bastards :argh:). Although that doesn't really matter for you anyway since they already send NCOs off base, so I'm fairly sure you'll just need a non-availability letter.

Apparently it isn't just some airmen, the base lodging is at max capacity and junior enlisted are all pretty much expected to get moved off. More money sink to add to the fact that they are now back paying tons of airmen who went through DLI and didn't get paid BAH in dorms at their next training bases, even though they stayed in dorms during that period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatschach
Dec 25, 2006

Who watches the goatman?
I don't know, haven't had any concrete sources on it and mostly I've just heard from dudes who were being butt raped by finance to pay back whatever BAH they were given in that transitional period, and now finance has to pay them back. I think it was just that finally enough people complained and for a long enough amount of time that someone finally took the initiative to fix the financial error. Tons of linguists/failure linguists were owing thousands of dollars each for paying back money they were "supposed" to be receiving.

• Locked thread