Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

ManMythLegend posted:

Nevermind, I found it. Also, holy poo poo, I didn't know the PX had an anime store. Fuckin LOL.

Pretty sure the guy who first put this as a suggestion was this skinny dude with glasses who got chaptered for failure to adapt after he was reduced to tears several times during Bravo Co. inspections.

Save Russian Jews fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

AchmedTheSnake posted:

You guys are scaring me. Future AF 1N3 here. Got a 107 on my DLAB. Hoping to get Chinese just because it seems like the most useful language. Leave for basic in December(FML). What time will classes start for me? anyone know?

Plan ~3 months for basic, and then anywhere from 1-6 months waiting on a class (though it's probably closer to 1-2 months in most normal cases). Also, no matter what any idiot tells you, you CAN switch languages with someone if both languages are within your and the other party's DLAB score (and a lot of people are unjustly scared of Chinese).

I think I got a 100-something (I really don't remember) and did Korean so you'd probably be good taking just about any language, but expect either Korean, Arabic, or Chinese.

Also, for the love of god don't let your branch of service define you-- seriously, people from every service do it and they are by far the ones who see the least amount of social interaction. Just remember that you all are literally doing the same job (when you do your actual job) and no one cares how long your basic was, or if you're a marine or an armydude or a navything. Just go there, learn the language, and seriously, this last part is important: hook up with as many passable-to-hot chicks as you can.

E: I guess you could be a girl, so let me modify the last part: hook up with dudes you will likely never see again, don't get married, and don't get herpes-simplex-anything.

e2:

jerman999 posted:

Are there civilian students at DLI? I'm an NPS employee and my supervisor wants me to go either there or MIIS (paid for by research funds), figured staying federal would make sense.

No one answered you, but yes, civilians can train at DLI. We had a couple of them in my class-- however, all were from 3-letter agencies, so you'll probably end up at MIIS.

Save Russian Jews fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Sep 6, 2011

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ryan_woody posted:

Erm... if it was consensual, then how the hell can they charge them with anything?

If everything stands as it was a few years ago, the Marines are not classified as trainees and are forbidden from associating with anyone from the other services (other than careerists). This is usually ignored, except in cases where it really can't be (see also: this).

E: just saw that laundry list up there. hahaha

• Locked thread