Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Friar Zucchini posted:

Wait so you've still got morning formation?

Not a linguist, but I was at Goodfellow from June 12-Feb 13.

I'm not sure but as of February when I left Goodfellow, TPG had to be at one full squadron formation a day (PT would take the place of that). I don't know what it is now since PT probably moved back up to 0400.

TPG has had to do the formation a day thing since sometime in November if I'm remembering right. I heard they banned alcohol from the TPG dorms though, they're probably on a crash course to just getting rid of TPG altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Softface posted:

Not only that, but we now have to march everywhere in SMU's, form up in the morning, march to class, then after class form back up and march back with everyone else. The only thing we still have is no curfew, but you can't even really take advantage of that because you have to be up for 4 am PT three days a week and the rest of the time you're too tired to do anything.

We do get other things though! For instance, last weekend we got a 1-demerit fail inspection from the commander and flight chief, then had to check in every hour for the rest of the weekend.

Jesus loving Christ what happened there since early Feb? The 316th was without a drinking issue that I recall for over half a year when I left. I guess the rape train has taken over Goodfellow.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I went there straight out of BMT and was there long enough to get to TPG (didn't get it because they ran out of room during the building of the new dorm). I highly doubt they'll tone the crap down though. When I got there in June alcohol issues were the big thing, we had to wear blues my entire 2nd week there from Mon to Sun whenever we were out of our dorms as a part of it. While we didn't get into any other incidents, I didn't really feel like things were getting toned down, just that they plateaued off for a long while.

You'll never get alcohol back, I'm at Ramstein now and they took it away from the dorms here less than a month after I got here. Apparently they did it at another base and the DUIs dropped by some percent and our one star heard about it so guess what! You might get the no marching thing back but that's about it. Welcome to AETC, your squadron could be literal perfection in the eyes of the commander, but you're just upholding the standard, no reason to give you new freedoms.

• Locked thread