Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Pucklynn posted:

-Not spergy, but stupid and hilarious: This Airman decided he was going to pretend to be a Marine sergeant and was dropping Marines at the smokepit until one of them got a real sergeant out there, at which point said Airman got ripped several new ones.

I actually knew the guy who did that. . . Pretty drat hilarious in my opinion.

I moved off-post as soon as I could get my wife out there so I don't have a million stories about how spergy everyone is but I do have a few. (Just about Air Force though, I only had one Army acquaintance who somehow got kicked out of class for whining a lot.

While on details I had to go through several airman's rooms and found 'sexy' anime statues just sitting on people's desks.

One of the airman in my class refused to shower for months at a time and had so much dandruff it looked like cornflakes. We rotated out the poor bastards who had to sit next to him.

This same guy would brush his teeth at his desk with one of those travel toothbrushes, we were never able to make him understand exactly how disgusting that was.

Spergy things I did:
While I was waiting for phase three I got tricked into collecting Magic the Gathering cards. I quit playing as soon as I moved off post and now own a large bag filled with the drat things. My only reasoning for this is I wasn't interested in partying or drinking as I had promised my wife that I wouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Professor Bling posted:

Don't let him fool you: the worst part about the AF life here is not being able to smoke in uniform.

I just need to stay away from the dudes wearing cat ears trying to use gundam amine poo poo to hit on ugly bitches. Life will be much better when I get my Torino out here.

Edit: I was just asked to critique erotic fanart of Avatar: The Last Airbender I take it all back someone please loving kill me

Best Air Force smoking locations on DLI: (TOP SECRET)

On your way to to the store from the squadron (I forget the name cause I'm like 8 months out :smug:) just cut into the woods and head for the fence. You'll see a log that makes a great seat, surrounded by litter. You will most certainly find airmen sitting there pretending to not smoke. They are smoking and will give you a cig if you ask.

If you are ballsy: Walk past the navy smoke pit and take the sidewalk behind the navy building that faces the 311th squadron. You will see a drainage V thing that heads towards a drainage ditch running alongside the fence. Check the area next to the shed just ahead of you, that's the area where the MTL's hide and smoke. If you don't see anyone climb down the drainage thing (it's steepish) and then turn right and follow the drainage ditch along the fence line until it ends. Take refuge under the large oak tree so you can't be seen by anyone looking down from the navy smoke pit. Light up and enjoy nature.

There's a few more but those are the most central/easy to get at. Some areas of DLI have few options for the smoking airman.

As for the anime poo poo. . . sorry bro, DLI is full of that poo poo. Don't worry though, after you start your language everything gets so hectic you won't give a poo poo.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

They started making people march a few weeks before I left. Didn't give a gently caress so never actually did any marching.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Softface posted:

AF night CQ rules I spend about ten hours painting my tiny pewter men and two more walking around opening doors.

Also I failed the Farsi DLPT twice and couldn't be happier because I was goddamn miserable there. Instead they're putting me in a Russian post-class because I came in with a Bachelor's in that and both I and staff think I can pass it with a bit of a brush up. Honestly I expected to take the test with a minimal review period of a week, tops, and when they said they'd get me a few weeks I expected three. Instead I get seven weeks plus one to test, and a total shock that the AF is helping me out.

A DLI friend of mine was native-level fluent in Russian and somewhat fluent in Chinese, so naturally they put him in Arabic and absolutely refused to re-language him when he failed it (he hated the language with a passion). You got lucky. :)

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

not caring here posted:

Hey, you 35P that either enlisted or reclassed, did you guys have a choice in what language you took? Or was it a case of hey, I want to sign up / reclass and I want 35P, oh wait, I don't want to learn tagalog, gently caress my life?

You pretty much get put in whatever they need to fill at the moment.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Internet Wizard posted:

Three Marines got caught going family-style on a sailor, from what I've heard.

Please keep us updated. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Silvance posted:

I'm not Air Force so I can't don't know what's happening exactly, but apparently they lost almost half their ropes. Their command called an airman leader meeting and told them that if any of them had made any mistakes or let any mistakes slide by, to take off their ropes. The honest ones took off their ropes and had them taken from them. There was even a red rope who was only a red rope for a day. Kinda sucks for the ones that were actually good ropes I guess.

This is the greatest thing ever. :allears:

• Locked thread