Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
As a former Chinese student here, all I can say is that the PT standards, mandatory formations, and general BS concerning my unit (Air Force) are making quality of life completely horrible here.

I'm actually leaving shortly, but the FAC (Civilian contracted PT evaluation maintainers) cracks me up. The run team captain got put on "fat camp" status, which is 5 day a week PT. It's absolutely hilarious and I feel horrible for anyone Air Force who is coming here. It's been relatively quiet here for a while really, nothing super huge has come about. It's just crowded as gently caress right now.

To any incoming Chinese Linguists, study early, study the material ahead of time, and find some method of quickly learning your vocab. When I was just trying to study what I'd learned, I'd quickly fall behind. If you preview it, you know what questions you're going to have and can be slightly ahead of everything. Practice the gently caress out of your listening, because that will infuriate you to no end by second semester. I made it 27 weeks in before they finally took me out. I wasn't doing well, combined with severe stress related issues (School normally doesn't give me trouble, it isn't effortless but I could NOT for the life of me figure out how to get everything I needed done done).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread