Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Smoke Break
Feb 28, 2009

*snicker*

invision posted:

the gently caress is going on in here im leaving this is bullshit.

gently caress is this?

I'm going there in 6 months. loving hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Smoke Break
Feb 28, 2009

*snicker*

Laranzu posted:

Told you when you brought it up in the Navy thread. Can't say you weren't warned.

I've met.. really strange people throughout my life.

But, truthfully, I thought the "all walks of life" angle within the service was somewhat of a farce. Not to.. this level.

This is like a bigfoot sighting.

A Smoke Break
Feb 28, 2009

*snicker*

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Took place the night of the USMC Birthday Ball in 2000, but they weren't picked up until early 2001.

Interestingly enough, the best articles about it are filed on The Escapist, a "roleplaying advocacy" site. But here's some quotes from the news:

Carson was also the "head lyricist" for a parody boy-band that did a couple shows in downtown Monterey.

Somewhere there's a good article with the gory details (and witty one-liners!) of the stabbing attack. I should go dig that ip.

You're forgetting the joys of Zero Punctuation.

But, yes, LARPing is horrific.

A Smoke Break
Feb 28, 2009

*snicker*

hammeredspace posted:

Jesus; Portal had just come out when I got there in 2007 and after a loving month my little group of dorks were sick of the jokes. How can that poo poo persist?

Is it one of those things where a negative reaction is still a positive reaction and there's no way to kill it?

Could there be a possibility that half of DLI is just real life trolls.. baiting the hell out of anyone who'll bite?

If so, It's worth it.

Side note: If you see some hipster human being with v-neck shirts, skinnies, and onitsuka tigers carrying around a camera (while wearing civvies), that'll be me in February.

A Smoke Break
Feb 28, 2009

*snicker*

Slippery posted:

Officers are just like real people, man, only in some cases they have nicer cars and/or bigger houses.

Tell that to my cousin.. who, on leave, decides to browbash any enlisted individual: Currently in.. or otherwise.

She's been a Major for around 3-4 years now. Ugh.

A Smoke Break
Feb 28, 2009

*snicker*

xwonderboyx posted:

Is she in uniform or not? This is important because if there's someone not in my chain of command and out of uniform that tries to jump on me they can gently caress right off. If she's in uniform there's not much to do, but that's just rear end in a top hat behavior.

Not in uniform.. but, the remainder of my cousins hate her like the loving plague.

She's... something else.

A Smoke Break
Feb 28, 2009

*snicker*

Slippery posted:

USAF? (not that she couldn't be, we have plenty o' tools in the AF, but I'm just curious)

Army.

A Smoke Break
Feb 28, 2009

*snicker*

Slippery posted:

That sucks. But how does she know who's former enlisted, and why do they put up with even talking to her? I mean you said 'currently in or otherwise' so if they are civilians why not just tell her to gently caress off? (Or even if currently in, just walk away, how's she gonna ever find them again unless they are in uniform)

Referring to my earlier post:

Her criticisms of enlisted men/women within her job, ragging on a best friend and former marine, and general dislike for me joining the navy (based on branch).

Apparently, she does the same when deployed. Regardless, she's a swarmy oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Smoke Break
Feb 28, 2009

*snicker*

GetHardHero posted:

I always hated numbers drills so very very very much. I feel bad for anyone in the history of the world whose job has been to listen to a numbers station all day.

Number stations frighten the HELL out of me. That being said, I've always found an odd attraction to short wave transmissions. One of the few methods of analogue communication remaining.

• Locked thread