Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

When I found out what linguists were I thought "I'm smart enough to do that", experience and anecdotes have taught me that "I'm smart enough to not want to do that."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

GetHardHero posted:

Thus is the pain of hopes and dreams.

Every navy enlistee?

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Tokan posted:

Unless something has changed, that would be a fact-based belief.

Synthetic cannabinoids, the bane of military drug testing.

It's testable. Had a guy pop for it here.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

hammeredspace posted:

Jedi mind tricks? Seriously?

Seems the way to actually find out is obtain a urine test and test yourself - or preferably a civilian who has nothing to lose over the matter.

Like test him a few times and if the results are consistent, one way or the other, we'll then know for sure.

I forgot what chemical they test for, but it's not shipped to the regular testing site. Random batches from commands are sent to some company in Cali, I'll get that information on Monday.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

hammeredspace posted:

Plenty of neat poo poo happens in Austin, San Antonio, and Houston too, so if you're not adverse to driving for a couple of hours, look up what's happening in the coming months. Lots of bands roll through here and Austin has a fantastic downtown scene. Houston has tons of museums and great, great, great restaurants. History nerds can get their jollies on the riverwalk in San Antonio.

Tons-a stuff but you're gonna hafta suck up a long drive.

A lot of big name bands and tours hit the "Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion" in The Woodlands, TX which is right north of Houston. Really great place and pretty cheap to get in. I do however suggest bringing a flask if you like to drink.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

:stare:

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Dirk Digglet posted:

Oh sweet jesus does it end. Life here at Offutt is beautiful I wouldn't trade it for anything. 314th had the same poo poo happen when I went through; there was underage drinking that led to a squadron-wide curfew and blues every day for two weeks. Just tough it out and take solace in the fact that life as an Air Force linguist is almost universally cushy and it's likely this will be the "worst" part of your enlistment.

Look, I need a favor from you. The navy hooch out in offutt? loving burn it to the ground so we get a new one because its the shittiest loving hooch outside of travis.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Professor Bling posted:

get out of the military

It is a wise choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Badgers posted:

One does not simply separate into the civilian world.. :(

...they took that away with DADT repeal.

Can't eat your way to freedom anymore either.

E: I called it the porky pig out.

• Locked thread