Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Sarkazm posted:

Good God... I've never dealt with DLI at all, but anyplace that makes the ASW base in San Diego look normal has got to be one hosed up den of crazy.

Point Loma? I never really heard anything bad about that place. Granted, the only reason I went there was to go to the chow hall, but everyone seemed okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Hey, I've never been to DLI or anything, but I've been studying Farsi through a civilian language school for about 5 or 6 months now. I think I want to take the DLPT. What kind of stuff should I now in order to get at least a 1/1?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

The Casualty posted:

So my friend says she's most likely going to go FBI, but she did have one more question. What does a "contract linguist" do?

Expose domestic zionist cults

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Not DLI related, but a general mil-language question.

Have any of you guys, who have not attended DLI but have a DLPT score in a particular language, been contacted regarding deployments and/or assignments to different units? Had a junior Marine in my previous unit get offered (apparently out of the blue) a position at Joint POW/MIA account command because he got 3+/3+ on Korean. Would something like that happen for lower scores?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Happydayz posted:

Oh good stuff on the Persian/Farsi.

Anki is the very best flashcard vocabulary program I've used. The only bad part is that there's like one Farsi card deck among thousands of Jspanese/Chinese decks. Stil, it's free and works super good.

https://www.ankisrs.net

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
:siren: LIVE UPDATES STRAIGHT FROM DLI :siren:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
From previous posts it seems like MSA

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I know it's not an Arab language, but Persian sounds nice :shobon:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Farsi is pretty easy bro.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Androies posted:

After getting a 3/3/2 all I can say is this: gently caress Persian Farsi.

drat fine score

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Smeper fi. I'm proud of those young Devil Dorks.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Nice try Mahmud. We'll never give out the names of our proud crypto-warriors :911:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Is it possible to take a DLPT if you're not enlisted? I've got an OPI score but I'd like to have a nice DLPT score to put on the resume.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

edit: I apologize if this isn't relevant. I assume there is a 1st intel/1st radbn detachment at 29palms.

There is not.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
زبانت مبارک

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

خورد دیک من از پشت

It would be more like از پشت من کیرم بخوری

EDIT: I think

Time Crisis Actor fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 9, 2015

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Androies posted:

Don't forget your ra, you loving peasant.

Don't tell me what to do! ! خاک به سرت

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Any Persian linguists or students in here? به من پیام را می فرستید لطفاً

• Locked thread