Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
genderstomper58
Jan 9, 2005

by XyloJW

Godmachine posted:

I'm trying to be objective in this statement: From what I saw at DLI, the Navy is the most out of shape and ate the gently caress up branch. I am careful to say that this was while at DLI because in my 5 years in the Army, I only served with a small handful.

In the past 3 months I've gone to San Diego twice to visit some Navy friends. I am now convinced, subjectively, that my original statement is true.

Mandatory PT while on sea duty is pretty much unheard of if the commands I was at are any indication :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genderstomper58
Jan 9, 2005

by XyloJW

QingLaiXiguaba posted:

Manlove jokes aside, you have any idea how the guys on subs PT?

My boat had no PT in port, my work weeks including duty were 80-100 hours a week though....we had a few pieces of exercise equipment but barely anyone used them. We had a treadmill, stair climber and hill climber thingie in the engineroom(the god drat treadmill was in a passageway on my watchstation though, the hill climber was next to the piled of garbage that collect on deployment called mount saint trash). The CO had a personal rowing machine and there were 2 sets of adjustable dumb bells only going up to like 50 lbs. If you're deployed on a mission all of this is usually secured, if you're doing local ops its only secured if some dumbass drops a weight.

It varies from ship to ship though, depends on how much anyone gives enough of a poo poo to order and set any of it up.

I toured a boomer and they almost had a loving gym in there

genderstomper58
Jan 9, 2005

by XyloJW

hahaha ok man

but thank you for proving the thread title correct drat

genderstomper58
Jan 9, 2005

by XyloJW

oh my god *vomits*

genderstomper58
Jan 9, 2005

by XyloJW

Swap anime lists for some sick dvd loan action

genderstomper58
Jan 9, 2005

by XyloJW

Mr. Nice! posted:

I have marine, army, Air Force, and other foriegn navy friends and we all give each other absolute poo poo about their branch of service.

Out of all those you capitalize air force???? c'mon son!!! :-*

genderstomper58
Jan 9, 2005

by XyloJW

Tagalog and portugese are the most retarded/annoying sounding languages imo

e: also dutch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genderstomper58
Jan 9, 2005

by XyloJW

Congrats brother, and welcome.