Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
I've got a friend ignoring my suggestion (S90) and looking hard at getting the Canon SX20, because that's what's in stock at the moment. It's got a monster zoom range, but like the OP pointed out it sounds kinda like a jack of all trades, master of none. Is this a camera I should tell her to steer clear of, or will it be fine for the average consumer who doesn't know poo poo about photography, but wants to learn a little?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
Looking for a p&s that'll be easy to find on Friday, so places like Best Buy, Macy's, etc. Going to be used by a tech-savvy 50-something nun. So on the one hand, tech savvy...on the other, 50-something nun. Any recommendations? Anything to stay way away from?

• Locked thread