Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
My one co worker is out for the next 8 days because he just had a kid. Great for him, can't blame him at all.

The downside is that we already were looking at being down 3 people. Out of 7. So now our staff is down to 3 out of 7 employees, a manager who just came from a big store (aka demotion) so he doesn't know how to use our sales system, and an assistant manager who can sell. And I was already working 57-60 hours a week. I'm basically gonna have to work 7 days now.

I thankfully get very good compensation and overtime for what I do, but it's getting exhausting. I'm amazed my company hasn't forced anyone to transfer and cover (hint it's because my manager is a moron who doesn't know how to run a store).

On the plus side, the assistant manager just brought in a case of red bull, 12 oz size, so at least I'll have that to get me through. And knock 5 years off my life span

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.
Kmart had a rotation of about 15-20 Christmas songs including this horrible thing which played at least every hour or more! I'm not really bothered by the traditional Christmas songs but that and "misc Christmasy-country song" played so often I wanted to rip off my ears. There was another awful song in the lineup sung by a country musician about a little boy and how he learned about the "true meaning of Christmas" but I can't seem to Google it right at all.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Dead Pikachu posted:

Kmart had a rotation of about 15-20 Christmas songs including this horrible thing which played at least every hour or more! I'm not really bothered by the traditional Christmas songs but that and "misc Christmasy-country song" played so often I wanted to rip off my ears. There was another awful song in the lineup sung by a country musician about a little boy and how he learned about the "true meaning of Christmas" but I can't seem to Google it right at all.

That'd be "Christmas Shoes" which is the worst Christmas song ever put to music.
Edit: Patton Oswalt did a bit on it, and here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq10bz3PxyY

Cricken_Nigfops fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 13, 2013

Corkscrew
May 20, 2001

Nothing happened. I'm Julius Pepperwood. Let it go.

Duckman2008 posted:

My one co worker is out for the next 8 days because he just had a kid. Great for him, can't blame him at all.

The downside is that we already were looking at being down 3 people. Out of 7. So now our staff is down to 3 out of 7 employees, a manager who just came from a big store (aka demotion) so he doesn't know how to use our sales system, and an assistant manager who can sell. And I was already working 57-60 hours a week. I'm basically gonna have to work 7 days now.

I thankfully get very good compensation and overtime for what I do, but it's getting exhausting. I'm amazed my company hasn't forced anyone to transfer and cover (hint it's because my manager is a moron who doesn't know how to run a store).

On the plus side, the assistant manager just brought in a case of red bull, 12 oz size, so at least I'll have that to get me through. And knock 5 years off my life span

I left a (non-retail) job like this a year and a half ago because I finally couldn't take it anymore. Over time, my hours kept creeping upward (45 to 50 to 55 to 60 to 70 to 75 and so on), and even though it was obvious to every single person in the building that we needed to hire, the owners just didn't (or didn't fast enough). After being told on Friday that I'd have to come back in and work Saturday as well, which would put me somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 hours that week, I straight up walked out. It was that or have a nervous breakdown.

I guess what I'm saying is try to get out before you arrive at that point!

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Heading off to my job in a grocery store.

I'm coming off of a really bad cold.

We're expecting 9-15 inches of snow this weekend.

:suicide:

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
There's a woman named Tanya at the store I work in. She's the single most passive-aggressive person I've met. A memo went out thanking a supervisor for working 24 hours in a 36 hour period (I have my own problems with this, but now is not the time). She felt fit to write on the posted memo that she had worked 9 days in a row because people called in sick. She's been written up twice in the span of two weeks for arguing with co-workers, customers, management, pretty much everyone. She gets all uptight if you even touch her workstation, offers things to customers that we can't possibly back up, and is entirely unpleasant to work with. She got all pissy during a rush because something was running low, and instead of filling it up herself, she just bitched out the drive-thru staff for not having it filled. Drive-thru was already understaffed and didn't have time to step away to do anything. Literally everyone I've talked to has no idea why she hasn't been fired yet.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Inco posted:

There's a woman named Tanya at the store I work in. She's the single most passive-aggressive person I've met. A memo went out thanking a supervisor for working 24 hours in a 36 hour period (I have my own problems with this, but now is not the time). She felt fit to write on the posted memo that she had worked 9 days in a row because people called in sick. She's been written up twice in the span of two weeks for arguing with co-workers, customers, management, pretty much everyone. She gets all uptight if you even touch her workstation, offers things to customers that we can't possibly back up, and is entirely unpleasant to work with. She got all pissy during a rush because something was running low, and instead of filling it up herself, she just bitched out the drive-thru staff for not having it filled. Drive-thru was already understaffed and didn't have time to step away to do anything. Literally everyone I've talked to has no idea why she hasn't been fired yet.

Apparently, despite her bitching about it, she's the only one willing to work 9 days in a row to cover for people who call off :v:

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

YF19pilot posted:

Apparently, despite her bitching about it, she's the only one willing to work 9 days in a row to cover for people who call off :v:

She isn't, though. Plenty of people have worked 9 in a row, especially now. A lot of her shifts are 5 hours anyway. She wants recognition for nothing special.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Inco posted:

She isn't, though. Plenty of people have worked 9 in a row, especially now. A lot of her shifts are 5 hours anyway. She wants recognition for nothing special.

It sounds like you guys are probably running a tad on the short-handed side, or are in the midst of a seasonal rush (I'm not sure where you work, for me it's quite the opposite and we're having a seasonal slump with the holidays on). It could be that management wants to wait out the rush before they fire her, or they're the type to not let someone go during the holiday season. Or they're looking, haven't found a suitable replacement yet, but can't afford to let someone go right now until they find a new person.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Evening manager sometimes tells angry customers "Check back in the morning, we will have it!" about items we won't possibly have received overnight to avoid an unpleasant confrontation. Well, I'm the morning manager, so I get to deal with those same customers who are now twice as angry because so-and-so said that we would definitely have the item in. Such a punk way to deal with customers it makes me irate as hell.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Kilonum posted:

Heading off to my job in a grocery store.

I'm coming off of a really bad cold.

We're expecting 9-15 inches of snow this weekend.

:suicide:

My condolences. We're only due for 8-10, but the roads around all the supermarkets are already jammed with people trying to stock up. Luckily for me, I have Wednesday-Friday nights off, so I don't have to deal with the extra customers and heavier overnight loads. On the other hand, I get to drive through a lot of lovely winter precip that's fallen in a very hilly area while driving a car that's less than stellar in the snow (but does have new tires) to an overnight shift where I'll be probably one of three people, out of 10, to make it in. I'm looking forward to this, by the way.

And last year when Hurricane Sandy tried to sink NJ into the ocean last year, one of our receiving guys worked almost five weeks straight without a single complaint. Incidentally, there's a reason why he's now getting a big raise and promotion to work at a store that's almost 40 miles away from where he lives.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
That never really works because then the customer comes back and says "They Told me you'd have it!" and then you just get yelled at by the manager for making ridiculous promises. Though there is the rare occasion when they didn't pay attention to your name and your vague description meets like 3 other employees' vague descriptions. Then it is greatly satisfying.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So I got a story about one manager that really seems to hate third party vendors. I went into her store to audit a GoPro display, make sure only GoPro product is on the display, that everything works and to call in and order stuff if something is damaged. When I came in and explained what I'm going to do the lady asks if I was sent to fix the display, I said no but I'll see what I can do and try fixing it if I can do it.

The issue was the TV wasn't showing any images, the reason being that the HDMI cable was knocked out and the thing wont properly "lock" into the port. I went to tell her about it and suggest just using some tape to keep the cable there cause the slightest jostle will knock the cable back out. She cut me off and went on this :tinfoil: rant about how they had the display for a whole year and nothing was wrong with it and then MY PEOPLE came in to switch out the SD card and now the TV wont work and how we must of damaged it.... even though the loving thing is clearly playing content on the TV as she is ranting to me. Then she writes on my sign off sheet that no, the TV was not playing content. Thankfully I am required to provide photos for each project so I proved that yes, I did get the TV working.

Yes lady, my company came in (I'm pretty sure it was another company that did the SD card thing, cause I'm the default rep in the area and I didn't do it) and intentionally sabotaged your display just so we could come back a few weeks later to fix it up. I was going to come into the store anyways regardless if the display was malfunctioning or not cause they specifically hire third party people to check up and maintain their displays.

On the upside lately after fixing up security in various camera departments managers are warming up to me :yayclod:

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

I'm pretty sure I just got scammed today by a vendor a few days after complaining about vendor scams. Guy had me sign something for "waste-water treatment" and was telling me about how "totally normal and regular" the memo was as I was scanning it. As soon as I signed it he's like "Awesome, so you in 30 days, just like usual!" and I've been working in the same place for 3 years and I've never seen him before. It was on my lunch break and I was half way into some rolled tacos -- I guess I just didn't have my full wits at the moment. God only knows what $4000 toilet seat cover purchase I approved.

gently caress it, all vendors are the enemy! :bang:

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 14, 2013

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Well, finally got my licenses to operate power equipment. Just got to wait for the official papers. Took them drat long enough.

Otherwise, I have an interview at a sister store for a driver (non-CDL) position. I honestly didn't think I'd get the interview, and the position is a bit far of a commute (50 miles, about an hour drive), but if it pays better I can always move closer.

tse1618
May 27, 2008

Cuddle time!

Baldbeard posted:

I'm pretty sure I just got scammed today by a vendor a few days after complaining about vendor scams. Guy had me sign something for "waste-water treatment" and was telling me about how "totally normal and regular" the memo was as I was scanning it. As soon as I signed it he's like "Awesome, so you in 30 days, just like usual!" and I've been working in the same place for 3 years and I've never seen him before. It was on my lunch break and I was half way into some rolled tacos -- I guess I just didn't have my full wits at the moment. God only knows what $4000 toilet seat cover purchase I approved.

gently caress it, all vendors are the enemy! :bang:

Do you have a wastewater treatment plant you need an operator for?

ThreeFish
Nov 4, 2006

Founder and President of The E/N Log Cabin
I want to die. I don't want to kill myself- I'd rather just spontaneously combust or be hit by a bus. Something that would end my suffering quickly and blamelessly.

My store's sales ~treble in volume at certain times, yet the one lonely (and lowly) cashier still has to perform ALL of a long list of responsibilities AND still manage to check out every single customer. I am stressed. My feet are killing me. Truck days are the worst. Today was truck day. And I worked 2pm - 10:30 pm last night and had to be back at 7:45 am this morning. On a typical busy holiday season night, the average FD makes about $4.5k. They have about 7,500 stores. That's over 33 million dollars in transactions a day?! They pay ~2 million out in employee wages for that same day. Surely they can afford to allow us to have 2 people working the front. I swear, if I lived somewhere where retail workers were protesting I'd be right out there with them.

gently caress the holidays. :emo:

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

tse1618 posted:

Do you have a wastewater treatment plant you need an operator for?

I've never had to sign any kind of waste-water thing before. It wasn't until after I signed it that I realized something may be up, when he was still explaining how 'totally normal it is!'. Oh well, I will find out soon enough if it was a scam, hopefully I used some chicken scratch signature.

More management drama:
So my company has a ton of policies that protects employees and makes it rather hard for us to fire people even for serious offenses. I've had an employee talk about his street gang and how he was going to kill another employee for causing voices in his head. I had to work with him for 2 months after that before we eventually let him go....for attendance. One of our worst policies is that we can't accuse an employee of being drunk or high unless we can follow through, where 'follow through' means personally drive them to a clinic downtown and have them consent to a screening. That means a guy can come in high on crack or totally smashed drunk, and if it's the weekend (no clinics are open) the best we can do is tell them to go home for the day because of poor performance and request paperwork from HR for a written warning. Also, there has to be another person in charge to watch the store while you drive the person to a clinic. Also........what are the chances they consent?

Welp, today I had a new employee come stumbling in to work, breath smelling like a 12 pack of beer. After a few hours he threw up on himself and excused himself do to 'illness'. I literally couldn't do anything under policy except start paperwork for his first written warning -- you need 3 written warning to terminate someone. 1st one should be faxed over in a few days, so I sure hope he's a good little boy until then, so I can get him started on 2 and 3.

Also had a homeless guy come in with 3 giant trash-bags full of recyclable cans. After I told him that he would have to count the cans himself he got aggressive and dumped the bags all over the entrance to the store and sat down in-front of the entrance. When the cops came they said I was wasting their time since he didn't physically assault anyone trying to enter the store and the front of the store is public property.:smith: I mean......what the gently caress right?

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

ThreeFish posted:

gently caress the holidays. :emo:

Quick little note in this vein (or, "gently caress the Holidays: Walmart Customer Edition")

At my wife's Walmart, apparently some guy spent nearly 20 minutes at customer service yelling and getting mad before demanding to speak to a store manager because the people at customer service were obviously being lazy and were just too stupid to do the job they were being were being paid to do. And why was he getting mad? Because he ordered something from the Walmart site, to his house mind you and not site to store, and demanded to be given a free one, from the store, because it wasn't going to arrive on time. I hope no one was in the car with him from the ride home, because I doubt being told no by the store manager put him in any better of a mood.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

So, my second time as a closing "manager" where I basically just close and count the till and lock up.

Till was $133 short and no idea why. We have a lovely basic register with an independent card reader. Swipe card reader, enter price, sign slip then hit CH on cash register to say it was a charge.

I'm thinking one of the morning guys keeps hitting CASH instead which fucks everything up.

My boss just told me leave it he'll deal with it in the AM

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

a big fat bunny posted:

Quick little note in this vein (or, "gently caress the Holidays: Walmart Customer Edition")

At my wife's Walmart, apparently some guy spent nearly 20 minutes at customer service yelling and getting mad before demanding to speak to a store manager because the people at customer service were obviously being lazy and were just too stupid to do the job they were being were being paid to do. And why was he getting mad? Because he ordered something from the Walmart site, to his house mind you and not site to store, and demanded to be given a free one, from the store, because it wasn't going to arrive on time. I hope no one was in the car with him from the ride home, because I doubt being told no by the store manager put him in any better of a mood.

Yeah a lot of customers can't seem to understand the concept that an individual store doesn't have a whole lot to do with the website. My old store's site was operated by a third-party company altogether and people still found it mindboggling that we didn't have every single item on the website (even after we explained this). Same for our advertising.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
How are your stores on giving breaks? We haven't been getting our second payed fifteen minute break(we have to wait for our managers to call it on the overhead) and they give us a hard time and roll their eyes if we ask for it. In Virginia its law that we have to get an unpaid 30minute meal break every six hours but it doesn't say anything about paid ones. Thing is, everyone I work with is indifferent and don't bother asking for it because they don't feel like arguing with the managers. The other day we worked 2:00am to 11:45am we got our first 15 minute break at 6:00am and lunch at 7:30am and no other breaks. I think the policy is a second 15 two hours after our lunch.

Is there anything I can do? Just not let it bother me? I don't care about getting a second 15minute break that much but its the principle of it for me.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

AASman posted:

Is there anything I can do? Just not let it bother me? I don't care about getting a second 15minute break that much but its the principle of it for me.

Double check your state laws and report it to your state's labor board or workforce commission or whatever. Encourage your coworkers to do the same.

If you work for a major chain, there's probably a hotline for worker abuse that you can call as well. Usually upper management in major retailers actually care if their sub-managers are doing blatantly illegal things, if only because they could get in trouble if it's happening under their watch.

jebrown84
Aug 27, 2005

Help me Johnny Boy you're my only hope.

AASman posted:

How are your stores on giving breaks? We haven't been getting our second payed fifteen minute break(we have to wait for our managers to call it on the overhead) and they give us a hard time and roll their eyes if we ask for it. In Virginia its law that we have to get an unpaid 30minute meal break every six hours but it doesn't say anything about paid ones. Thing is, everyone I work with is indifferent and don't bother asking for it because they don't feel like arguing with the managers. The other day we worked 2:00am to 11:45am we got our first 15 minute break at 6:00am and lunch at 7:30am and no other breaks. I think the policy is a second 15 two hours after our lunch.

Do you have an employee handbook? What does it say in there about breaks? If it mentions a second break, I'd bring it up to your managers why they don't follow it.

Corkscrew
May 20, 2001

Most state laws don't prescribe rest breaks. Generally it's dependent on the employer. That said, what litany mentioned applies: if your chain has a hotline, it's worth looking into and calling about, assuming your employee handbook mentions two break periods.

Better to take the issue to an impartial third party (ie: hotline) than directly to your managers. If you're working with people who already roll their eyes when asked about taking a break that you're supposed to get, they're not gonna be super happy if you wave the handbook in their face. It might get results but it might also make you a target for poo poo work or other passive-aggressive forms of retaliation.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I am in a smallish town in the south and people would come in demanding the selection that our Company has in our massive 2-story store in New York. That store has to be at least 4 times bigger than the one I worked at. Anytime I would try to explain some locations are bigger than others and have more stock and more selection, that was never good enough.
:byodame:"I KNOW YOU HAVE THEM!!! I SAW THEM IN NEW YORK!!!!" :byodame:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Corkscrew posted:

Most state laws don't prescribe rest breaks. Generally it's dependent on the employer. That said, what litany mentioned applies: if your chain has a hotline, it's worth looking into and calling about, assuming your employee handbook mentions two break periods.

Actually a lot of them do have laws about rest breaks being required if you work over a certain number of hours. It's worth looking into.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

AASman posted:

I am not a lawyer, this isn't legal advice, you'll probably be fired for reading this post:

http://www.doli.virginia.gov/laborlaw/laborlaw_faqs.html

From this page, in Virginia even unpaid lunch breaks are not required, unless you are under 16 years old. Once you turn 16, WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME.

http://www.employmentlawhandbook.com/wage-and-hour-laws/state-wage-and-hour-laws/virginia/

This page says breaks less than 20 minutes must be paid, per federal law. But providing them seems to be a company decision, not a state requirement. If it's in your employee handbook that you be provided certain breaks, the higher-ups or company hotline may be receptive to complaints. Or you may be fired as a troublemaker. Labor in the US really sucks.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Devor posted:

If it's in your employee handbook that you be provided certain breaks, the higher-ups or company hotline may be receptive to complaints. Or you may be fired as a troublemaker. Labor in the US really sucks.
Ha ha, yeah that's what I expected. I looked at those pages and I guess I misread the 16 thing. So not only do I have nothing backing me up regarding breaks but I can't read :smith:.

Corkscrew
May 20, 2001

Kimmalah posted:

Actually a lot of them do have laws about rest breaks being required if you work over a certain number of hours. It's worth looking into.

There are 8 states that have laws on the books specifying non-lunch breaks which is why I said most don't. It's worth Googling to see if you're in one of those states but generally speaking most people are poo poo out of luck from a legal standpoint.

martyrdumb
Nov 24, 2009

pants are overrated

Devor posted:

Labor in the US really sucks.
They might have a way to anonymously report complaints though. Or an ombudsman if the company is large enough. If it's small, you're p much hosed.

Curiosity
Sep 12, 2012

It's Christmas, the very generous company I work for and the non-US country I live in don't even make us exempt from missing a break. Retail sucks, especially now. The good news is that it'll all be over soon.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well, that was interesting. Just came from Walmart. During our shopping trip, the power went out. We waited for about 20-30 minutes, but the workers were basically calling for the carts to put food back on the shelf. So we took them up on it and are heading to another store.

I would've figured the registers would have their own generators, but I guess not. I almost thought they'd break out the old slide style credit machines but even then, that would be almost useless without the price info.

Surprisingly, everyone was calm and no one threw a fit.

ThreeFish
Nov 4, 2006

Founder and President of The E/N Log Cabin
I'm so happy this holiday season is almost over. I am so tired of getting yelled at for saying "Happy Holidays!" We have to have our valentines candy by tomorrow, though. I really loving hate this job.

Is this happy holidays/merry christmas thing an actual thing? I don't have cable and I don't really check the local news all that much and GBS used to be my main source for news. But that sort of changed for some reason I haven't been able to figure out (?). So many MANY people yelled at me for saying happy holidays instead of merry christmas. I just kept saying, "But not everybody celebrates Christmas, you know?" I pissed a great deal of people off.

I still didn't get to see the full episode of that boss show when they did Family Dollar. I was disappointed to see that they chose to follow an assistant manager, though. They really should have chosen a cashier. A cashier has to do the exact same job as the assistant, only on the front half of the store. AND check out every customer. For about $3 less per hour. At my age and education level, retail is all I qualify for. I'm thinking of going to walmart. At least there I'd only have one job. A cashier at Family Dollar is like being EVERY department at walmart, all in one person. In a busy store, it's incredibly difficult.

I'm sorry all I do is come here and complain about my company. You're the only people who understand my misery!

I hope all you retail goons are having the best day possible :cheers:

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
If you go for cashier at walmart you should only have the one job. Sales floor though, we get to play at cashier (since there are never enough so they have to scramble when it gets busy) and sometimes back room stuff too.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

ThreeFish posted:

I'm thinking of going to walmart. At least there I'd only have one job.

Noy quite. My wife works at a "small" Walmart, and gets the joy of covering things outside of her department (she only gripes when its electronics and even then it's only the department heads that make a big deal about it), cover some department manager duties, and is called on to cashier when needed. And that's on top of being in hardware, which also means she gets to make paint, keys, and hunting licenses. That last one is technically sporting goods, but hardware/sporting goods is under the same department head, so yeah.

And I think this thread is partially for bitching as a way of venting. cautionary tales for anyone who thinks getting a retail job couldn't be as bad as everyone says it is. I'd bitch more, but night crew problems are mostly "all my co-workers are loving idiots" and all that rage tends to vanish the split second I punch out. I don't get paid enough to dwell and at the current rate of pay increase (which was zero, by the way; gently caress this union) never will.

Also what Zeth said, but just remember, Walmart customers are absolutely terrible and by the time they're at the register, they're usually at the "I've had enough of all these idiots that work here" levels of hostile.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Zeth posted:

If you go for cashier at walmart you should only have the one job. Sales floor though, we get to play at cashier (since there are never enough so they have to scramble when it gets busy) and sometimes back room stuff too.

Once in awhile cashiers will be sent out to push carts if a cart pusher calls in sick. But since cashiers aren't trained to use the machine that pushes a whole bunch of carts at once, you get to push them 6 or so at a time. Enough carts are coming back out of the store that you can't actually clean the lot up at that pace, you just desperately try to keep up so it doesn't devolved into chaos.

But pushing carts isn't bad if you don't mind the labor aspect of it, not like being sent around to other departments and having actual responsibilities that matter. I just think it's worth mentioning that even cashiers at Walmart do have to do things that aren't in their job description every now and then.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

I have to say I've said Merry Christmas all this year and not a single person has gotten offended by it. Christmas was never religious to me anyway and I think a lot of people who aren't Christians at least recognize it as a holiday for family.

Then again I live in Canada so if they were offended they probably just didn't say anything.