Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

TShields posted:

Nobody cares, but that interview was FANTASTIC. He took a lot of notes about everything, and we have a very similar background. Even though it's IT, he doesn't have any certifications himself, and he doesn't think that the piece of paper you get from a school makes you successful. All the degrees in the world would make you too expensive for the company from the get-go, but since my inside contact's sister works the front desk and makes $15 an hour, I'm sure I'll do well here. At the end, he asked when I could be available and underlined it twice and put a circle around it. Then, he gave me a 20 minute tour of the facility and introduced me to his team, which seems like a VERY good thing. He told me he won't leave me hanging and will let me know on Friday. Really, really excited, but not putting all my eggs in one basket.
I've been lurking this thread and silently cheering for you. One of my best friends just yesterday got a MUCH better job and I'm thrilled for him. Good luck man. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

spankmeister posted:

That's absolutely terrible.

If I worked there I'd bring the most over the top ridiculous pen possible.

Or one with no ink left.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

three posted:

If you only work 16 hours a week, you couldn't find time in the other 152 hours to go to the doctor instead? I only say this because you state it is "ongoing".

Going to an emergency room is not the same as a scheduled visit to a doctor.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
If I had no sense of shame whatsoever combined with the world's biggest entitlement complex, I'd probably do that too. That's amazing that you can get that much money out of coupon scamming. How is that not illegal?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Dell_Zincht posted:

I hate people like you and I hope one day your dog gets stolen. Dogs don't like being tied up, rear end in a top hat.

I don't agree with leaving dogs tied up alone outside of stores for fear of dog thieves too, but jesus dude.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Phyzzle posted:

Reviews found while poking around on Google maps:

Print shop,

Pharmacy,

:stare:

Yes pharmacist pion, stop doing your job and go find me the perfect dad birthday card. What the gently caress.

Also $100 says print shop lady was trying to make copies of copyrighted material.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Pureauthor posted:

People actually believe this? Retail is something you do if you're a Uni student and it's summer, or you can't find any other jobs in the market.

People literally think the american dream is real and that they too, someday will be among the top 1% of the rich if they work hard enough~~

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Angry Guacamole posted:

Heaven save me, I'll likely be joining you all soon enough, if being a barista counts. Any recommendations on what I should/shouldn't do, things that will help me acclimate better, that sort of thing?

vvvI'm well-medicated, the likelihood of me doing that is well within the acceptable 20%.vvv

A friend of mine works at a starbucks in DC. It never stops being busy, ever. Open to close there is a line of people. I immensely hope your location has some kind of down time, he's often sick with stress. :(

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Angry Guacamole posted:

loving awesome, actually. One problem coworker who's either going to get fired or get better, otherwise everyone I work with is great. Near zero problem customers, too. I've actually managed to have no stories for the thread whatsoever outside of my pills for bipolar disorder not working and me having a sad one night. Free wifi on my mandatory as hell lunch break, even. I'm posting on said break right now.

Glad to hear this, I don't get how people are mean to starbucks baristas, they're always so friendly. :(

Also I want to ask, is the passion tea presweetened at all? I get it without syrup and it tastes way too good to not possibly have some kind of sugar in it. I'm suspicious of this magic tea.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I recall some posters in this thread have worked at craft stores. I've been badly needing to go to michaels for the last week for art supplies but haven't been able to do so.

Is michaels pretty tame on black friday? I usually avoid shopping entirely until much later in the day, but I'm up anyway, and could go when it opens at 6, but I'm afraid of the type of people that might be there. Craft ladies are the worst. :(

Also is there anything I can do to make the day of the people working there less terrible other than the obvious of treating them like human beings?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

drat Bananas posted:

Someone pooped in one of our fitting rooms V :) V

Again.

I wonder if people do this because they think no one notices?

Maybe they need some sign of "this is not a bathroom, do not poo poo or piss in here like a god drat animal".

e: forgot a very important word :downs:

Kerfuffle fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 26, 2011

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

bartlebee posted:

It's cool, TShields.

Last I saw TShields actually has a new job that he's pretty happy with now. :unsmith:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

D34THROW posted:

Ship us what sells, don't ship what doesn't -_- We have Garbage Pail Kids throwback trading cards that have not sold a single unit in the 3 months I've been there.

Those are still a thing that exists? Wow. I thought they were long gone along with the rest of the stupid 80s/90s gross out fads.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

silversiren posted:

:)

:3: Good luck with everything, you deserve it.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

silversiren posted:

The worst part was that his wife was standing right behind him and didn't say a single word in my defense.
He probably treats her the same way. :smith:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Neito posted:

Let's play "How to be a customer in a fitting room"! I'll ask you several multiple choice questions, you answer how you think a sane and educated person would.
When I go clothes shopping I put my stuff exactly back where I found it. It tends to be stuff on hangers, but when I try on pants I do my best to refold them nicely. :ohdear: Is it easier on you guys to just leave them in the fitting room or do you end up straightening up piles and racks anyway?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I hope that walmart strike slowly spreads over the years. Employees don't deserve the bullshit that black friday brings. :( There's no reason for stores to not have regular hours. I remember reading an article last year that showed that there really wasn't even any notable increase in sales by opening at 2AM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Glad to hear things are looking up for you silversiren. :)