Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

LonsomeSon posted:

Pizza Delivery Driver Tip Quick Reference Chart

:ohdear:

What about people who tip irregularly with varying amounts?

Also when I tip I always try to make sure to do it with singles so that the guy has an easier time making change if he needs to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How often do people in a line heckle someone who is giving the cashier a hard time? Does this happen at all?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Are there any good shoe insole options for people with big feet? I wear a size 16 and those Scholl things only go up to 12 apparently :(

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why didn't your manager just ban the annoying old bitch from the store?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ugh American retail :smith:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/308315

This ought to bring a bright spot to someone's day. I wonder how the manager of that store managed to swing this?

gently caress you and gently caress your 300 coupons, bitch :smug:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How often do people try to steal freebies from those gas station soda dispenser/slushy machines with the taps?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey pizza delivery guys: is it considered acceptable to fork up a cold beer in lieu of a tip during summer?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Cowslips your friend is a stupid and you should start mocking her. Like, to her face. I don't think you're going to get through to her, so you might as well get some laughs out of it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You can take your dog in the store all you want, as long as I get to kick it (or better yet, you) if I step in it's poo poo/piss.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If I ever own my own store, there's going to be a rule, posted on a big sign over every register, that attempting to haggle will increase the price of the item by ten percent or a dollar per time, whichever is more :colbert:

You want to haggle, go to the loving flea market.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Just chill, man. No matter how hard you work, you're not going to get anything special if the CEO looks at a retail store like hundreds of others he probably looks at every year and sees it looks particularly nice.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Luquos posted:

It's seriously in our blood. I once saw something hilarious happen, where a guy just queued up outside a closed building, and within minutes, people had queued behind him. He then left, they shifted forwards, and I left before any of them worked it out.

Hey, if you're going to make poo poo up, at least don't directly copy a joke that was done by a tourist in the USSR during the Cold War. :fuckoff:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/10/14/shock-video-savage-attack-at-manhattan-mcdonalds/

This guy lived the dream. :911:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why don't stores just ban applying more than a certain number of coupons to a single transaction? That would shut down the extreme couponing bullshit right quick.

Sure, the store would lose their business, but who gives a poo poo? When their stuff works the store actually loses money.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.nj.com/cumberland/index.ssf/2012/03/police_lack_of_7-11_sausages_s.html

Jesus gently caress who likes sausages that much :staredog:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Flavor Bear posted:

How to react when you are at work and a dude is hitting on you, and he slides his hands over your hands and up to the wrists, while offering, "I'll make you chocolate moussssssssssse."

?

Kick him in the balls. People who can't keep their hands to themselves are the worst kind of person.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Semprini posted:

But a human cashier won't let you put every weighed purchase through as onions! Think of the theft you're missing out on!

At least at the store I usually go to, there's four self checkout stations and then some guy who sits at a computer at the front that echoes all the stuff that gets scanned. So if someone says they're buying 40 pounds of onions and their cart is loaded with beer, they'll notice right away. The system also has a scale so it can tell if the thing scanned was not, in fact, an onion :eng101:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.courant.com/business/custom/consumer/hc-bottom-line-best-buy-returns-20120409,0,5063368.column

This is a good thing and should be universally adopted.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if a retail store has ever pulled a fast one on Black Friday, raised prices, and then just slapped signs up everywhere advertising 50% discounts. Given how dumb your average retail shopper is, this seems like a pretty good way to rake it in :laugh:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I just saw an old woman squat and lay a turd on the floor in the supermarket, then call an employee over and demand they pick it up for her. :staredog:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Great Horny Toads! posted:

Was she taking it home with her?

I don't know, but I did hear the guy refuse to pick up old lady poo poo, and she started screaming and cursing and calling for a manager. I had to get on with my shopping so I didn't see what happened next.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I had a grocery manager at an IGA I worked for who was loving around with a pallet jack, trying to show how difficult it is to hurt yourself as the pilot because he thought safety was dumb. He stuck his foot beneath the raised pallet, which had a couple layers of bottled water on it, to show that you have to go out of your way to get injured, and then he randomly squeezed the handle and dropped it on his foot. :downs:

When he came back from having broken his toes, he was mighty big on safety then, let me tell you. If only he wasn't the owner's little brother, he might have gotten fired for something so stupid. :allears:

There's nothing better than management suffering ironic injuries.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is there anything for people who wear a size 16? I've looked for shoes good for standing in but most of the usual recommended poo poo (Danzo, etc) stops at 15 :(

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I do not know how humans who wear above a size 13 shoe even found shoes before the Internet.

Try shopping for size 16 shoes without the internet sometime. Most shoe styles stop at 15 :suicide:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The guy in line in front of me at the Cub Foods was fussing with a giant cyst or something on his neck, and he popped it to the tune of sending a giant geyser of pus and blood across the conveyor belt :cry:

He then just walked out like nothing had happened, leaving the poor guy behind the register to clean it up.

(the entire rest of the line backed up en masse and went to a different register because :froggonk:)

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

The new credit cards with a chip in them are amazing litmus tests in customer stupidity. Customer slides card, new pinpads beep and say to insert chip card. I tell the customer to insert the chip end of the card in the machine, while pointing at the exact opening, and to leave it there until the register is done processing it. So the customer looks at me confused, asks why the card won't just swipe. I say because chips are the new way of paying and retailers are using it. They get visibly annoyed and jam the card in random places until finally hitting the slot. Oops, wrong end. I tell them to turn it. Correct end is inserted, but they immediately take it out, despite the me saying and the pinpad displaying "PROCESSING, DO NOT REMOVE CARD". They then get angry because the payment failed. They put it back it, hold it there, pin pad changes to "AUTHORIZING, DO NOT REMOVE CARD". Take a wild guess what gets ignored. They insert it again, and when all is done and the pinpad displays "PAYMENT COMPLETE, PLEASE REMOVE CARD" I get "so can I take out my card yet?

Jesus Christ.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I dunno, I'll take dealing with trash over dealing with people any day.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Which would y'all say is worse? Retail work, or food services work (eg mcdonalds or whatever)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why would y'all give a flying gently caress about shoplifters if you don't work LP? It's not like the store can take whatever they steal out of your pay.