Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

Chicken Doodle posted:

The Back is a magical place I like to go when someone asks me a really retarded question and I need a break for five minutes.

Oh god. The back, the loving back. Well don't you have "random thing I want" in the back. Yes actually I do, i'm just hiding it from you because you are too god damned fat to be eating it. Shut. The. gently caress. Up. We do want to make money off of our items. Which means that whatever we have is right in front of your loving face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
This is horrid E/N ranting. I am sorry.

I hate my job. I used to love it then the overloards decided to stick us with more rules. I am the only one who seems to do any stocking, and I have my own work load. My last "day off" was Dec. 5th yeah, had to go in to fix a bunch of paperwork that my co-irkers didn't bother to do because we might have an inspection coming the next day. Can't train anyone to stick around a give me some MUCH NEEDED time off. I work midnights so that means for the 6th new year's in a row I will be celebrating it there. I'm pissed...was supposed to have xmas off but got called in because new replacement had the sniffles and couldn't handle the shift. Can't deal anymore, i am burnt out to the point of apathy and serious depression. I am sick and tired of carrying everything on my shoulders. Can't do it anymore. If I end up divorced it's going to be because of this place because I can't grow a set and stand up for myself and get what I am due(regular days off and being left the gently caress alone on those days). I guess I have saturday off whoopee half a shift off because chick's not ready to handle the second half of the shift alone (too slow) and can't handle a line without freaking out.

I am well taken care of there, have lots of autonomy and it's really not that bad of a place to be, I also got a nice xmas bonus too. I actually love most of my customers hate most of my co workers though. I just am sick of begging people to do thier jobs and stop leaving all the poo poo for me to take care of. To summarize I don't want to fight with my husband anymore over my job. I don't want to be whiny and bitchy and miserable anymore. I used to be a nice happy person who didn't do nothing but bitch and complain all the time. I hate this. I hate what it's doing to me and my life. I just want ONE person for ONE day off a week. But because this poo poo is hard no one will stick it out.

Can't quit, my state has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country. It's a reasonably stable job I am just in a poo poo situation. Rant RANT loving RANT.

TL;DR Hate my job situation but not the job it's eaten my soul and breaking me.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

Solkanar512 posted:

In the mean time, stop doing everyone else's work. If something fails, let them take the fall. Concentrate on your own work.

You need to make a list of everything that's going on here, and how it's getting in the way of your own work. Sit down with your boss, and tell them that if there aren't any changes you'll need to leave. Then ask for a week off to calm down and maybe take care of some things at home. If they are reasonable they will listen and work with you, and the fact that you received a Christmas bonus says that there might be human beings above you.

On your time off, ignore their calls. You aren't a heart surgeon, it's not that important. There is no such thing as an emergency here. They need to staff appropriately rather than burning you out.

The last thing you need right now is to believe that you are asking for too much or that you're a "bitch" for wanting a reasonable work environment. You aren't. It's never easy to stand up for yourself in the at will world, but it doesn't mean that you deserve this treatment.

That's the poo poo thing it's impossible to do. I work for an owner\franchisee not a big corporation. It's all personal. I've spent the last two years (almost 3) whining my rear end off about getting everyone to carry their weight and it falls to yeses and oks and someone gets yelled at then in a week it's back to the poo poo again. I am a upper level peon due to the fact that we don't have managers the buck stops at the owner. So I have a bit of power but god forbid if I upset the precious little snowflakes. It is just such a bizarre situation all around due to the lack of hierarchy. On a personal level we're treated well like I said it's just there is no real order of command and it's hurting everyone. Boss refuses to let someone else take the reigns as far as crew goes so we all just answer to him which would be fine if there weren't about 25 of us in three different businesses.

As far as letting poo poo fail, it's just not in my nature not to mention the fact if the wrong person happens to wander in for an inspection we're screwed and could all end up jobless. Uggh yeah I am a door mat (a girl door mat).

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0055 posted:

Who exactly is doing the inspections? This is key to any advice I might be able to give.

Corporate. A few years ago after being very hands off for poo poo 10 years they decided to invade all their stores and enforce every single rule. This was hell on earth for us, I managed to make friends with the inspector guy and we're really cool with each other to the point that I can talk to him pre-meetings and tell him to hush about some poo poo me and the other upper level peon talk to him about. But he still has a job to do and no matter how close I am with the guy if he sees our paperwork isn't done or some other violations we're hosed. We're in good shape but at any time this guy can move up/on and we get a new one so we have to be on our toes. There were MANY things that had to be fixed over the last 3 years because of this and we're far from super stars but me and the other chick work our asses off. The thing is she is on a different shift and doesn't have the day to day (product and other poo poo) responsibilities that I do. It's hosed..it's food service and i've been there 8 years in Feb. I just need to find a reliable and slightly competent shift cover for one day a week...but no one wants to do it so I'm stuck. I've gone through 4 over the last 2 years no one sticks or they just can't do the job.

quote:

When I was younger working retail, I knew some people that shared your attitude. They acted like the whole store depended on them and if they didn't do absolutely everything then the whole place would go under.

I assure you that is never the case. You, and those people, are just overworking yourselves and making your lives miserable.

To confirm this: if you've ever said "IF I LEAVE, THAT WHOLE PLACE IS SCREWED" then you're probably the above situation.

Yup me 100% Sad poo poo I know but when you work as much as I do it just seeps in and is hard to wash the gently caress out.

Uggh sorry for this guys. Thanks for the words. It honestly just felt good to get that poo poo out after a particularly depressing day. I actually like my job, it's just this day off situation is really getting to me hard. I sometimes think people forget i'm there due to being on midnights.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
It's not suprising but it's still pretty nuts that people don't have a lick of an idea as to what they are consuming. On that note what the hell is the deal with every coffee serving establishment having a different definition of what a flipping mocha is?

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
I promise last bit on this derail: What the hell is with people thinking that poo poo they get from gas stations is cappuccino? It's powder and water. It's doubly annoying when you work at a place that carries "real" caps and the machine crap. I have to ask people which they want then go into a history of coffee based beverages with them to figure out what the hell they want. Most of the time I ask Tim Horton's or Starbuck's and that can end it quickly. I would like to find the 500 different definitions for mocha people and the fakeachino people put them in a room with a bunch rigged buckets that will dump steaming hot sweet poo poo on them and lock the doors and enjoy the melodic screams. Uggh yes this is a HUGE peeve of mine.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Also, did you guys know there's some show on TLC called 'Extreme Couponing'? The previews showed chubby suburban housewives buying carts and carts of things just so they could use their coupons. One woman said she hated to spend money at the grocery store. Just the previews made me rage. Just women toting carts and carts of poo poo they didn't need because they knew they'd get it for pennies or even free.

Oh christ on a stick I have seen the commercials and got I feel sorry for any of the grocery goons after this poo poo goes live. I can see so many horrible encounters stemming from the self entitled bitches who scream "I saw this on tv and the tv never lies gimme my poo poo for freeee!"

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Seconding the whole work while sick bit. I lost my voice for two days last week and probably have bronchitis but I can't call out because there is literally no one to cover my shift. I get told "don't come to work sounding like that and don't tell customers you're sick". Yeeahh. Of course there is also the drama surrounding getting me one day off a week..i've had two days off since March 27th. The last two Saturdays. It looks as if this week will be my last for the forseeable future due to the only people capable of doing my job not wanting to work 6 days and being pissed about having to cover me. It's bullshit but the pay's decent and for the most part I enjoy my job and like my boss.

No one should work while they are sick, but the majority of us have no choice due to whatever circumstances. It's retarded but hey just tell your customers you have allergies. Ugghh

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
All right guys be gentle on me. I'm 33 have been at the same food service job for 8 years and welp things are about to go really far south(and yes I am aware how pathetic that is). I'm terrified to go out and look for new jobs, feel like i'm too old/tattooed(not face coverable w/sleeves)and not experienced to find anything. The job market here is poo poo and I really don't want to be in food service/dealing with customers anymore. Anyone have any suggestions for getting back out there?

Going back to school is an option, but I have no clue what I would want to do, everyone is suggesting medical field but there's no way. The only course at the local community college I am remotely interested in is forensic photography but that's a long shot.

Thanks for whatever help ya'll can give.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Stripper Pen! If you're a guy bring a guy...tee hee.

Anyways. gently caress YOU CO WORKERS!!!! This is a direct quote "You don't have a right to a day off you should be happy we were willing to do it" "You're screwing up our weekend". I've worked 58 of the last 60 days...this was said to me today after getting the last two Saturdays off. My next day off is well who the gently caress knows. Yeah gently caress YOU!

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

Volcano posted:

:stare: Well, your username is certainly fitting.

Is there a legal limit to the number of working hours in the States? Here your job can't force you to do more than 48 hours a week but I have a feeling it's probably 150 hours or something over there.

What utopia do you live in? No there isn't a limit, i'm stuck for better or worse. Ehh it's money right, with everyone else having the opposite problem I feel bad but it's almost worse on the other side of the spectrum.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Yup pretty much..the biggest problem is that the people throwing applications in aren't the ones you want to trust on an unsupervised shift for 8 hours and everyone we have had in has crapped out or had some drama or horrid skin disorders that make people not want to purchase food from them. I'm pretty much ready to say gently caress it and quit but there are NO decent jobs around here so it's lose/lose for me. Uggh. And maybe the kid's right and we should just move to Germany and be done with it...seems like utopia to me.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
I posted earlier about this but...I MUST GET THE gently caress OUT OF THIS PLACE! The boss doesn't know what the hell he's doing as far as the future of our store. We're all ready to kill eachother because we're so short staffed and he just won't face facts that he's pushing everyone over the edge. I have to beg people to cover for me so I can get a day off and not get divorced due to my depression/anxiety/nothing but sleeping and i'm loving sick of it. March 27th was my last scheduled day off..i've had two since then..gonna get one more saturday and then who the gently caress knows. The TWO people who can cover for me don't want to do it because it ruins thier weekends and I have a feeling that this is the last time either of them will do it. gently caress THIS! Ok ranting over....for now.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Don't feel bad I had a crusty make me cry this week too. I have a bell on my counter because I spend much of my night in the back room baking and making product well assholes think it's loving hilarious to sit and wail on the thing..now i'm working 7 days/week and my nerves are fragile to say the very least. After three days of people just non stop doing this even after being asked to stop I snapped Monday night. This guy who always does it comes in..I was already feeling worn and he just stands there and keeps doing it and I wearily ask him to stop..he keeps doing it and laughing and I just teared up and started blubbering. He asks me if I am crying and I wing his change at him and he leaves. He came in last night and asked me if I was crying I said yeah and tried to explain to him why and he just laughs and says take some days off. No poo poo rear end in a top hat do you think that I am doing this BY loving CHOICE??? For fucks sake I have everyone pissed at me as it is because someone is being forced to work for me on Saturday..but what the gently caress man I have a family and a life, my kid's birthday is wednesday and we're taking her out saturday which everyone knew about two weeks ago. Ugghh

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Feeling the pain with all you workin today. It's my anniversary and hey guess what instead of giving me the night off they give one of the only people who could have covered me the day off instead. loving awesome. Aaaannd it's the auto company's change over shut down time, which basically means for the next two weeks dead is not even the word for what we'll be. And of course I have to be busy and it's all our fault buisness is down. Seriously, if I wasn't paid so well and didn't genuinely enjoy my job..ahh gently caress i'd still be there because it's Michigan and the job market is poo poo.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Has anyone with a job who takes peoples orders had someone shove a cell phone at them to talk to whomever is on the other end? I had someone do this to me last night and pretty much refused to comply, I just kinda was thrown by it. I think the guy was pretty pissed about it but it caught me completely off guard.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Is Walmart really that bad?

There is a new one opening up close to me and i'm thinking of throwing in an application for whatever they have for an overnight shift. Things are getting dicy as gently caress at my current place and I don't know what the hell lies ahead and i'm scared. In the next few weeks we will have only 4 fully trained people working and well poo poo's about to hit the fan and I need to get the gently caress out. Uggh. I need to find the what ruined your day today thread for more ranting.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
I think i've already touched on this one somewhere else in this thead. But drat Tim Horton's to loving all hell for their calling their frozen coffee sweet poo poo an Iced Cappuccino. And gently caress every store that has a drink called a mocha and don't tell people what's in the loving thing. Coffee/hot chocolate...latte..."I don't know" gently caress YOU! Learn your poo poo..ask basic questions. And gently caress those stupid gas station cappuccino machines..yeah just gently caress em all.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
So at my store the dish washing area is visible to customers. Which basically means when i'm doing my metric fuckton of dishes every night you can see me with my back turned standing there washing dishes. There is a bell on the counter or you can walk up behind me and say hi get your rear end over here and make me some poo poo. Well this guy comes in apparently stands at the counter for a couple of minutes while my back is turned washing dishes and doing stock. The water's running, there's machines all round me so if you don't make yourself known I am not going to know that you are there. He walks off in a huff and complains to my co worker that I ignored him and pretended to clean because I didn't want to wait on him. The guy didn't ring the bell make a noise or anything so I had no clue he was standing there. UGGHHH. Co worker thinks he's the boyfriend of the girl I caught stealing a couple of weeks ago so i'm looking forward to getting yelled at when he goes and complains to my boss. Please kill me.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Wait...gardening leave? The hell? Uggh I have got to find a way to get to whatever utopias you people live in. Six months...still no regular replacement for me. And I'm about to get bitched out about some crazy food cost percentage number that was literally pulled out of thin air. I have one more year to get through and I will have my new house that will make things MUCH more bearable.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
The out date thing is infuriating. Especially when the health inspector comes and finds a million things and you had no clue because the date was not obvious at all and the manufacturer doesn't send anything to indicate how to read it. It is worse when it's a gas station or something of that ilk where the candy and such comes from an outside vendor. And water..seriously water I think I made my boss cry when during a slow season me and a co worker spent a few days finding all of the codes and taking everything out. Most of it went back to the vendors but man it was a pain because some of those codes are printed in spots where you practically have to open the product to find the code. Just insane. This thread is making me want to just haul up and move to Europe. It is so frustrating when you are just trying to do the right thing and there are companies actively working against you do doing that.

*Edit I have read in a few places that the charge minimum is actually illegal and places that do it can be heavily fined. It sucks because the stores make no money off of a small charge but ehh what are we supposed to do.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Overnights are a bitch. There are days where I legitimately forget or can't figure out what day it is after I wake up. It really blows when you don't have regular days off and do month or more stretches, the sleeping all the time thing gets really old after a while. But, my other option is work 2-10 and basically never see my family. So yeah that. I need to get out of food service so bad. Uggh whine whine whine.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Day number thirty (yup in a row) no replacement in sight, praying to get next weekend off to take kid to comic convention. It's been six loving months and i've had 13 days off in that time. This is me stabbing myself in the face.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

Volcano posted:

There is an entirely Christmas-themed shop in my town which is open all year and I see people carrying shopping bags out of there even in the summer. It's bizarre.

Is the place called Christmas Tree Shoppes or something like that. If so you should check it out they have the most bizarre array of stuff...and only sell Christmas items at Christmas. Yup I've gone to that store and bought laundry soap, shampoo and tea. hah

*Edit Yeah I am making all the overtime usually round 120ish hours for two weeks. Between that and the psycho hours my husband is doing it's doing quite a number on our lives. All I ever do is sleep/work and my sanity and house are showing the wear and tear to say the least. Thank god my daughter is back in school, helps a bit with the sleep thing but still. Uggh. Yup this is me whining like a child. I am thankful to have a job and all the hours but the onslaught of clueless new co workers and the excessive hours are making me into an emotional, angry mess. That and welp i'm loving lonely.

SlaveToTheGrinds fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 14, 2011

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Welp keep your fingers toes and other appendages crossed for me. Tonight will be day 39..and after loud whining to every co worker I come in contact with hoping it will get back to bossman I think I have Friday and Saturday off this week. Two loving days. I know for a fact that the two that are covering me are pissed as hell but at this point my sanity is really failing and my hands are hosed on toast. I need this so loving bad. Taking the kid to a comic con this weekend too so yay.

On the down side I know I have a complaint coming. Chick didn't like the way her bagel was "slapped together", she came back in snottily as gently caress asked for a knife I tell her oh i'm so sorry I will cut that in half for you. She storms out an calls five minutes later asking for a manager, couldhave bluffed through it didn't an tol her to call back later. Uggh. SO good an bad for me hopefully.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
My job is doing that to me right now. Can't sleep...peroid cramps that make me shake and cry, and general psychosis. Seriously I can't keep that happy retail face anymore and it's because of working 14 to 32 days straight since March. But I still get poo poo for not doing enough cleaning or getting complaints. UGghh. I am hoping for two days off this week...but it'll probably be only one and of course I get made to feel like poo poo for even asking because the only person that can cover me has an issue with her mom getting surgery and needing to be at home. This is where I just stop caring which I already have, there is not poo poo for jobs out here so I put an online app in at McDonalds..I have to get the gently caress out of here I am turning into this horrid person that just can't cope anymore. Uggh sorry guys here I go again. I really liked my job, but they've broken me to the point where I just don't care anymore.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Well I got the weekend off so yay me...guilts abound of course but this is me giving no shits.

And there isn't any labor laws about this kind of thing, the insanity has already set in in the form of hyper emotion and just general anxiety and stress about every little thing. poo poo I think I had these exact same posts 32 days ago uggh. I only have to put up with this poo poo until May or so then we're buying a house and I am getting the gently caress out of here. It's been 8 years and it's beyond time to move on. The lesson here is working for a nameless faceless entity is FAR better than working for an owner due to every loving thing being personal. Just have to get through tonight then it's over until 10 pm Sunday then back to it until I lose my marbles completely again.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Oh god the Saturdays thing. Where I work we get many Union auto workers in. This means every Holiday I get oh so how was your 3/4 days off? People seriously don't get that I work in a place that never closes, I also work 7 days/week because there is no one to cover for me. Uggh. I know they mean well but after the twentieth time hearing it I want to erect a sign that says "Hey Union guy/gal we don't get all those wonderful things that you do please stop rubbing your paid vacations/holidays in our faces it pains us.". (Oh and in case anyone is wondering I am training my replacement for one day a week..and yeah I actually get Christmas night and New Years eve off for the first time in six years so YAY me.)

Edit:Also jesus loving christmascakes the usual holiday assholeness has started early. Cranky fuckers just want their coffee fine but for goodness sake STOP THROWING YOUR loving MONEY/CARDS AT ME! Usually that poo poo doesn't start until the last couple of weeks before Christmas. That and last weekend I got to watch a parking lot full of people watch a guy get the poo poo kicked out of him by three other guys and no one even called 911. I had to drag this guy up to the curb from the middle of the parking lot. I am a smallish chick. loving people. Welp at least it's not like what happened last october when a car exploded right next to a gas pump. loving hell

SlaveToTheGrinds fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 3, 2011

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Ugggh! So I get back from taking the kid and her boyfriend round to do stuff and my husband is fuming about something. I ask him what he's doing and he grumbles about my boss and how he is getting us the gently caress out of our apartment. Yeah we're in a weird situation that we rent our apartment from my boss. Anyways they switched my day off this week from Saturday to today because the chick that covers me needed to switch, it sucks but eh no biggie. So I guess she called and said she was sick and of course my husband says uhh and why is this my problem. He tells her that I wasn't home and didn't know when I was coming back. Phone rings again it's boss and he says well she has to come in (meaning me) and husband tells him whelp I have no idea when she's coming back and the boss then asks the husband what am I supposed to do about this. Jesus loving CHRIST.

I have floated the idea of me going down to five days a week complete with someone who wants to train for my shift. Right now I have one person capable of giving me a day off, she's only worked since late November and this is the second call off. I had 22 days off last year, that's it because every time I train and find a cover they quit. My hands are getting worse and worse and I need to cut my hours and I know next time I see the boss I am going to get an earfull for not being available and him having to figure it out. This is the downfall of not working for a big corporation, everything is personal.

I like my job, it's stressful at times but I get to basically manage myself and get left alone as long as the work is done and the customers are happy. I make decent money and I really don't want to go anywhere else because well honestly there's not poo poo out there that would give me the money/hours I need. It's just food service but I have been there nine years and I enjoy it. Uggh! I am going to be 34 here in a couple of weeks and it feels like I am too loving old to be starting over again but something's got to give and soon.

But between working 30-50 day stretches last year his refusal to realise that I need to cut my hours if I want to have functioning hands and that maybe he needs to get some people in there that posses functional brains I don't know how long this is going to last. I like the guy and he treats me pretty well but loving hell man get your head out of your rear end please.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Thanks guys. I have been getting one day/week off since Christmas but I have a feeling this chick isn't going to last because she basically sucks. I took two days off at the beginning of the month and that was a MAJOR hassle because at first when I asked this chick back in December if she could do both days she said no problem, I wrote it on the calendar a month in advance..then a few days before I am talking to chick and she says oh I am only working Friday I don't know who's doing Saturday, I ask boss about it he tells me I told you she will not be doing to days in a row you've tried this before ( I hadn't). They got it covered with someone else but there was drama beforehand. This is the poo poo part of it all, and really my only problem with this place anymore. I am a victim of being too good at my job. For my sanity and avoiding more arguments with my husband I am going to broach the reducing me from six to five days thing one more time and see where he takes it, after that I am going to start searching for something else. The other big hitch in all of this is we are currently looking to buy a house to distance ourselves from being so involved with all of it.

As far as my stockholm syndrome goes, boss has helped us out in some rough times and has been good about not firing me when i've hosed up (and yeah i've done some stupid poo poo/pissed some customers off). It's been nine years and things are so personal due to the length of time and just generally having this place so integrated in my and my family's lives. In the end I am a victim of being too good at my job and being the only one who has someone behind them who will step up when it gets to be too much. My husband is seriously amazing and I would have probably ended up at work last night if it wasn't for him. He does the whole man thing with the boss and sometimes it helps..poo poo he's helped me get raises haha. This is probably my tenth post in this thread about this place, last year was particularly rough as far as the whole having someone to cover shifts bit. I am hoping that this chick will stick around but I doubt it.

It sucks that only the bad comes out from me here, I am lucky in a lot of ways as far as low supervision decent customers and being able to walk out with 20 bucks/day in tips (doesn't sound like much but it helps as far as saving for little treats and nice dinners and having a decent emergency stockpile goes).

One other upshot to all of this, recent drama has been the kick in the rear end we need to get talking with a real estate agent and see what our house/loan options are, I need to stick this out for a bit longer if I don't want to end up at Wall Mart or McDonald's. I really don't have poo poo for a resume due to being at the same place for so long and previously a short management stint at a Burger King then before that stay at home mom. I am terrified to say the least.

Again thank you guys so much, it's hard to talk to the husband about it because he's deep in it and hears about it every day. I won't see anyone until at least Monday thank god, so I won't have to hear anything about it until then. poo poo like this is why my tenbux has paid off in spades. Thank you so much. :hfive:

Edit:spelling!

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

Haha, this reminds me of my friend who, last I heard, is still working for free seven days a week. Oh, sorry, working for some video games here and there and otherwise for free. She so badly wants to see her friend's store succeed, you see, and the rest of us are jealous assholes for not understanding.

I'm sure in lieu of her paying rent her dad's kicked her out by now, so she's probably living with her boss-friend too, being driven to work and back seven days a week, and after work, more video games!

Sadly trying to tell her that CAD is not real and if her friend's business goes under (but it won't! Not with all the hard work she puts in, she insists!) or she gets burned out (But she won't, she insists, she loves this place and her friend!) falls on deaf ears. The fact she has had only one other job as a cashier doesn't spell too well for her either. I don't get why she gave up a decent side-job of making websites in order to sell Genesis games to customers. Because that's what the game store does: sells old style gaming systems.

But hey, it's only been a year or so for her. Give her another eight and maybe she'll get how badly he's loving her over. I'll keep your posts for then, Slave.

Well hey at least I get paid for all my slavery so I have that....

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Seriously...6 espresso shots with 12 loving SPLENDA'S! Really??? You can't do that your loving god damned self. I have to open 12 loving Splenda's. And pull up your god damned shirt no one wants to see your saggy fat loving teats. Thank you have a fantastic day.

We don't have a sugar dispenser so we have to do the fake sugars manually. Yeah that annoyed the poo poo out of me.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
gently caress yeah 96% on our store review today. Uggh now I can finally relax for a minute. Gem from one of my co workers afterward "We really should keep up on this stuff when he isn't coming in.". NO loving poo poo SHERLOCK. Uggh. In other news husband talked to the boss to back me up on cutting my days down to four or five and this seems like a real possibility. We'll see what happens. Now to find someone to do it that isn't a moron or great at the start and then starts sucking.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
This chick put in her notice due to whatever drama was happening and Saturday was her last day. I come in for my shift Saturday night and there is loving GUM in our sanitation sink. I ask the girl who I was relieving what the hell and she says I don't know it was here when I came in. So why the gently caress did you just leave it for me, put on a loving glove and pick it the gently caress up. I asked her why she didn't pick it up and she says oh well it's gross. UGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! It turns out it was very loving likely it was the chick who was doing her last day that spit it in there. What the gently caress who loving does that..REALLY. Gross gross gross gross.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
I know I know but it's petty as gently caress and gross. Hell if you needed to spit do it at the person who you had the drama with don't make me clean up your cooties.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
gently caress! Welp more trials and tribulations at the job. So yeah all that happy poo poo talk about cutting my hours and all that not loving happening. The one person I had to cover me for one day a week just put in her two weeks because well hiring someone with another job is loving stupid. I have a possible replacement but when i asked her ("Hey how ya feel about giving up all your saturdays?") she says well I have finals coming up and yeah I could do a couple but I don't know how much. gently caress ME GENTLY WITH A loving CHAINSAW. Husband talks to boss today and he's relying on this chick apparently. He says oh yeah we'll get her down to four days soon I'm hiring someone soon. Yeah we'll see. Yup guess who cried at work today. We have someone going on vacation next week, must be loving nice bitch. I just did a two week run and it resulted in doing nothing but sleeping. I know that people would kill to have my problem which is why I partially feel guilty about making this such an issue but christ.

I want a non lethal week long disease so they can see how much I do around there. I DO NOT want to have another brawl with the old man over this place, it's been happening for the last 9 years and jesus gently caress it's old. I looked up all of my posts from this thread and wow it makes me look pathetic. But it's this or give it all to the old man and he has his own issues right now. I should get him to register and start a Reasons I No Longer Desire to Work in a Factory thread. He could tell some nightmare stories about his job. loving Michigan's poo poo job market. Nine years at the same job with manager's experience gets you absolutely no where.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
So here's my WTF moment from last night. I was already in a crappy mood because the chick that quit decided that she just didn't feel like working her last day which happens to be my only day off this week and for the next week after. So this drunk stripper bitch comes in she's a regular and usually drunk, loud and a oval office because I never have her pain in the rear end donuts ready. She decides that she wants to take a picture with her, her boyfriend and the guy who works at the gas station (old Iraqi guy wtf). My delivery was late as gently caress so I was busting rear end trying to get product out and just really flustered. This bitch comes to my counter rings the bell and says can you take our picture, the guy up front is like she's busy don't worry about it. She says she's not loving busy c'mon just do it. I tell her yes actually I am extremely busy. I go over she shows me how to use her phone and i am fumbling with it but figure it out take the worlds quickest picture then she gets mad because they weren't ready. I give her her phone and run away to my dungeon.

Seriously what the hell. Well wish me luck I start training my new replacement on Monday, she's been training during the day all week and i've heard good and bad things. I am cautiously optimistic. If it goes right I will be living my four day work week dream, we'll see. loving people.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Start training new hire chick tonight. Wish me luck because I have a feeling this is going to be interesting to say the very least. If she lasts more than the 4 month usual I will be happy.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

Darth Freddy posted:

Great! Its friday. That means I get to go home early and finally have two days off! Oh wait I forgot I work in retail.

Ahh don't you love that. Listening to people tell you how awesome it is that it's Friday. That and days before long weekends/shutdowns. Fuckers. Most of my customers are union and that means that every holiday is a long weekend/week off. Fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

Saberjackal posted:

Today I was farted on by a customer.

Yes, while talking to a customer he made a half turn and let one fly directly at me and walked away. Normally most customers here are not too bad but that astonished me. I know that we're often seen as less than human or second class but still actually turning and FARTING on someone? Really?

I am so sorry but that just cracked me up. If only he had blamed barking spiders too.

So yup, new girl who really doesn't get it just put in her two weeks. gently caress me gently with a chainsaw really motherfuckers? I am wrangling a day off before her time is up but jesus gently caress just really. Onto the next one.

*Edit Well she just walked out on her shift...like just threw her hands up said gently caress it and left the place un manned. Awesome talk with the boss forthcoming I am sure. Kill me now.

SlaveToTheGrinds fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 18, 2012