Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I find myself fantasizing more and more about yelling at bad costumers, even when they haven't really done much of anything, like just not notice that I'm behind them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Fat/old ladies shouldn't wear short shorts, especially when their legs are all varicosy :gonk:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

My dream is to invent a bell that when rung more than once within 20 seconds breaks your stupid finger :mad:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Massive IT fuckup today so we couldn't pick orders for 2 hours, and had to bust our asses to get done on time :mad:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Part-Time Robot posted:

It's now time for every bookseller's least favorite question:

"Do you sell non-fiction here?"

A woman asked me this last night and I just kind of gaped at her. I don't get this question often, but when I do it's always kind of mind-boggling. I always ask "what kind of non-fiction?" to see what they're specifically looking for, but she just got angry and said "ANY!" People, a bookstore is not an elementary school library -- we don't have two big sections labeled "fiction" and "non-fiction."

I think the next time I get this question, I'm going to use my boss's answer: "Everything but the fiction section is non-fiction." That'll make 'em :psyboom:.

Just say no and see if they turn and walk out

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

gently caress old ladies, they see you coming and refuse to get out of the way. Old guys? Move as soon as they see you. But old ladies are hateful :(

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Do I work here? No this is all part of my complex masturbation ritual

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Yesterday someone ordered 10 bottles of prune juice, 3 enemas, toilet paper, and an air freshener.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Almost quit my job today. The dipshit that was suspended for needing to be called and woken up 5 fridays in a row just got moved to seafood which means he will now be making almost twice as much as me, with better hours and an easier job. I have never once been late AND have almost 4 years seniority over him.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Is he related to someone high up in the company? I had a summer job in a lovely warehouse that had been all but abandoned for years putting cardboard displays together for minimum wage. One of the guys working with me was the company president's grandson--and he was an absolutely legendary fuckup. We had betting pools to decide how late he would be every day. Eventually our supervisor offered him five dollars a day to show up to work on time. He dressed like a gangster despite being a scrawny little white guy, ran out of gas in a McDonald's drive-through one day during lunch, was extremely weak and couldn't do half the poo poo anyone else could, and was notorious for getting caught by his mom after falling asleep while jerking off in front of his computer. Even his girlfriend made fun of him for being a lovely lay.

He got paid for all of the hours he was supposed to work, and made at least $9.00 per hour--which was substantially above minimum wage at the time.

No he isn't related to anyone, and I think they are moving him there just so he stops loving up my department.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

The dipshit didn't come back from lunch today. I hope he gets fired for this bullshit

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I've only ever been shopped once in 4 years because they don't come in early enough to get me so I mostly just ignore all that poo poo unless a customer actually looks like they need help.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Protip: If your receipt is longer than your leg you bought too much

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

lovely day today. First off I worked 9 1/2 hours when I was scheduled for 8 because we work until we finish. Also seemed like the rear end in a top hat brigade was out in force today. Saw a lady open up the door to the back room and yell "HEY ANYONE BACK HERE?". She then turned around, saw me, and said "Do you work here?" and I actually had to pause a second to stop myself from saying no.

I'm also getting tired of people whispering their questions to me. Even if I wasn't half deaf I wouldn't be able to hear that poo poo.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Hey if you order groceries online, proofread your order. Had a lady yesterday order 22 tubs of rocky road ice cream. Driver gets there and she says she only wanted 2. That means we had to refund $100 and that goes against our score :mad:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Somebody spit their gum out onto the floor and now it needs to be scraped off

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I have tomorrow off WITH pay :smug:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Just have to work friday and saturday and then 2 weeks of sweet sweet vacation :)

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

A Dapper Man posted:

The only thing worse than this is the stupid jackasses looking for a 20+ pound turkey the night before Thanksgiving. Yeah, just a little late there, and even if we did have it, it would be a bitch getting it defrosted in time.
Meanwhile they only send us 5 fresh turkeys and those sell out immediately

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Tomorrow I go on vacation and its the most time I've had off in 4 years and its only 2 weeks

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Only 1 more day of vacation left :(

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Had 2 weeks of vacation, came back today and now have the next 3 days off.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I've only been shopped once in 4 years because they just don't come in early enough to catch me. I got 100% on it too :)

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Big Taint posted:

I work for a Swedish clothing retailer. Last week was Fleet Week in San Francisco, and the Blue Angels were flying around. A jet fighter flying around that low is not quiet. I was ringing up a customer when they flew close enough that you could hear it inside the store, and she asked, "What is that noise, the cable cars?"

:ughh:

The customer waiting in line was all :smug:

You should have been hear in Seattle when the jets went supersonic. Felt like someone threw a car at my house

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Supeerme posted:

oh right. I had a laptop that came with it pre-installed. I couldn't install Mcafee on it thanks to that.

Why would you want to?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

gently caress union voted to strike if they don't come to a resolution by monday :(

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Well I've got enough poo poo I can sell (I'm a game collector) to get me through a strike while I look for a new job. Wish the strike vote was a month later, I was just about to get out of this job but didn't want to leave until I had a new one.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

PHEW talked to the union and we AREN'T one of the unions that are going to strike. We have an agreement with them that whatever they vote for, we do too, but I guess that only applies to contracts :)

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Welp tomorrow begins the worst six days of the year for me :(

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

My department is closed thursday and friday :smug:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Got into work this morning and got sent home because my department was closed because of the snowstorm :)

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Chicken Doodle posted:

I'm being a personal shopper until Christmas. Fine. It gets me off my arse and I get to help people everywhere in the store.

But I swear to god if my manager doesn't stop talking to me like a four year old I am going to snap and go loving kill someone.

I was never angry after work until I took this new job. Now I'm angry every day. I don't think it's just Christmas, either. :smith:

Welcome to my world. All I want to do is finish picking so I can go home but lazy assholes need to order enough food to get them through a nuclear holocaust. This week I worked more hours than Thanksgiving week, my feet are killing me, my back hurts, and I'm pissed off at our idiot drivers for being spineless assholes. Also a bird is trapped in our backroom and the store wont do anything about it :(

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I've never once been late for work, and I drive.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Tonight I am constructing parts of a trap I will use tomorrow to catch a bird that has been stuck in our back room for 3 weeks now.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Didn't catch the bird. Also "stuck" may be the wrong choice of words. The bird is pretty fat and seems to like it back there.

EDIT: Don't have a camera sorry.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

There are now 2 birds in the back :ughh:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I haven't worn my name tag in over a year now and no one has ever noticed.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Smells like something died in our backroom

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

BigDave posted:

Jesus, that is hosed up.

Any recommendations as to what I should do with my last days?

Drink yourself unconscious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

gently caress you if you don't tip you get what you deserve.