Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

This happened way back but working in the electronics area at officemax, they used to keep most of the stock on top of the shelves so if someone wanted to buy a fax machine or something, I had to get a ladder to climb up and pull it down. I hated it because it always felt dangerous plus I'm afraid of heights. So anyway one day a schitzo comes in and is pelting me with a barrage of really stupid questions about fax machines. Like, why is the price what it is and why is it designed a certain way. After about 30 minutes of trying to get rid of the guy because I have actual work to do, he decides he wants to buy some fax machines... as gifts to other people.

He wanted 8 fax machines, all the same cheap model. So I sigh, and go grab a ladder and start pulling them down. This takes me about 10 minutes because I want to be careful and not drop them or fall and break my neck. After I get them all down and about to call a co worker for some help bringing them to the register, the crazy rear end in a top hat breaks it to me:

"I rode here on my bicycle, I don't know if I can carry all of them"

This was after he was staring at me the whole time I was taking them down. Any normal sane person would have realized the moment I pulled the first one down that it was too big to take home. So anyway I just stared at him mouth agape for a full minute before just walking away to the office without saying a word. The guy started to call after me but I just ignored him.

I told the manager to deal with it because I might have just murdered the dude with one of those god damned fax machines if I had to spend another second with him. But he was cool about it and basically got the guy the gently caress out of the store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU