Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vincent posted:

Exept I don't like watching pre-pubesent look-a-likes taking their clothes off and loving. I agree, the animation is stellar and the quick humor worked, but goddammit japan.
So, uh, did you watch it or not? Your post sounds like you don't want to watch it on principle, then sounds like you actually watched it. Also, it's stylized. They show what they would look like in "general anime style" when they do their magical girl transformation parody:

That was an odd way to bump a thread after over 3 weeks of inactivity.

Anyways, more giffery. More Panty and Stocking, Squid Girl, and Jellyfish Princess.

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt (first one is from episode 7, half of it was one big G1 Transformers parody, third one is totally an Equilibrium parody)

Jellyfish Princess / Kuragehime

Squid Girl

Invader Zim versus Haruhi Suzumiya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Captain Invictus posted:

Invader Zim versus Haruhi Suzumiya

Wait wait wait. Is this a thing or just some fanmade stuff?

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Looks like an April Fools joke to me.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Requesting a gif of the "chuck getting serious" transformation in the last episode.

It was because of this thread I picked up on Panty and Stocking.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Captain Invictus posted:

So, uh, did you watch it or not? Your post sounds like you don't want to watch it on principle, then sounds like you actually watched it. Also, it's stylized. They show what they would look like in "general anime style" when they do their magical girl transformation parody:

That was an odd way to bump a thread after over 3 weeks of inactivity.

Thats... part of the reason that I haven't picked it up yet. Partially because I have a two year old niece in the house and I'm somewhat restricted in what I can view and when, and also because goddammit just reading about Panty & Stocking breaks my brain enough as is :psyduck: the constantly-shifting art style would be the death of me. My brain tried to consume itself with the sudden art shift during that one episode of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, I don't think I could take it happening multiple times over the same episode.

VVVVV I state my pansification loudly and with pride.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 23:47 on Dec 30, 2010

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

MrGreenShirt posted:

Looks like an April Fools joke to me.

More like an April Fool's wish.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Thats... part of the reason that I haven't picked it up yet. Partially because I have a two year old niece in the house and I'm somewhat restricted in what I can view and when, and also because goddammit just reading about Panty & Stocking breaks my brain enough as is :psyduck: the constantly-shifting art style would be the death of me. My brain tried to consume itself with the sudden art shift during that one episode of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, I don't think I could take it happening multiple times over the same episode.

You probably should have just gone with the literal baby excuse in the beginning, due to the plentiful swearing (in Engrish) in the series, instead of sounding like a gigantic baby yourself.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
your greatest dream...

or your WORST NIGHTMARE

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There's like, 4 scenes, total, where it switches to that style, and never for more than a few seconds(that particular one, for example, is just the transformation sequence and then back to the normal P&S style immediately afterward). You're overreacting. Just watch it somewhere away from THE CHILDREN, the show is fantastic because it completely shits all over "otaku", and you can never quite guess where they're going next. One episode they're fighting a poo poo monster, or it's a day in the life of Chuck, the next Stocking has transformed into literally G1 Megatron with purple robot hair and Panty has become an Optimus Prime mishmash.

It's simply enjoyable because you can tell the entire team working on it just had so much fun making it. It's not really funny all the time, but it's extremely entertaining despite that.

Anyways, more gifs.

The King of Braves: GaoGaiGar

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

One Piece (Franky :kamina:)

Sgt. Frog / Keroro Gunsou

Pyruvate
Apr 4, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Zorak posted:

your greatest dream...

or your WORST NIGHTMARE

Is that just hay, because at first I thought it was a tiny man rooting through someone's hair.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Pyruvate posted:

Is that just hay, because at first I thought it was a tiny man rooting through someone's hair.

...Y'know, that's a good question :psyduck: it's Fist Of the North Star, the world is a post-apocalyptic wasteland where its a significant achievement if you can get crops to grow- Hell, just delivering rice seeds is a significant plot point in an early episode, if I remember correctly. If that's hay, then someone's been raking in the food and hoarding it. Probably Jagi, the bastard.

Have some more Guyver gifs from me to make up for my bellyaching and generally being a huge, simpering pussy. (As soon as I get my hands on another anime I swear I'll branch out. I'd do Buso Renkin but my goddamn box sets got stolen :smithicide:)

Guyver III is revealed! No one who paid attention ten episodes ago is shocked!

Oh god it's Guyot :cry:

Oh god he's shooting loving miniature black holes we're screwed :cry::cry:

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Dec 31, 2010

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
I'm pretty sure none of these have been posted in this thread before. If any of them have, just let me know and I'll fix it. The names of the shows link to the the corresponding threads, where possible.

Kimi Ni Todoke (Season 2 opening):

Squid Girl (a.k.a. Ika Musume):

The Tatami Galaxy:

Potemayo:

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt:

Mega Man:

Pokemon (games thread, anime thread):

(In case you're not familiar, the last image is a play on :niggly: :niggly:)

dirby has a new favorite as of 23:17 on Jan 10, 2011

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax
Let's see what I've got.

Needless

Occult Academy

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (So Long, Mister Despair)

Squid Girl

Revolutionary Girl Utena

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

:dance:

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005
Any more Ghost in the Shell .gifs? I'm not into anime but I love that show.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Vicissitude posted:

What the hell is going on here? Is a girl sacrificing her friend to some zombies or something?

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

They're super good friends, and as they're walking along in that scene they're saying 'I'll never leave you, we'll make it through this together!'. Then one gets grabbed, screams for help, 'oh god don't leave me' etc. and the other replies (almost literally) 'gently caress you got mine' and kicks her off.

It's awesome.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What's the series called?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Mr. Squishy posted:

Highschool of the dead

Warning: contains lots of blood and titties. If you don't like b-movie horror then don't bother.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

High School Of The Dead, if I recall correctly. It's a gigantic mash of zombie apocalypse meets fanservice so severe you'll seriously think it was initially meant to be a hentai.

Edit: Beaten by seconds.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 02:15 on Jan 12, 2011

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

burnsep posted:

Any more Ghost in the Shell .gifs? I'm not into anime but I love that show.

You asked for it:

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
Looked through the thread and I'm pretty sure nobody posted this.

Katanagatari

AfroGunsou has a new favorite as of 06:26 on Jan 13, 2011

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That Katanagatari gif kills me every time I see it.

I hope this isn't a repeat, or if it is that it's been a while.

Lovely Complex "I just don't think of him as a 'guy' at all"

Cookies are introduced to Japan for the first time.

Otome Youkai Zakuro

Edit: there's a whole lot o' anime in this Facepalm.gif

a kitten has a new favorite as of 14:46 on Jan 13, 2011

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

(I'm sure there's a bigger version of this since this was an avatar.)

The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya

Here's a youtube link so you can hear the noise.

(Also Haruhi-chan)

Gundam 00?

Toradora?

Click here for the full 700x400 image.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

helopticor posted:

You asked for it:

No matter how far I go, I can't escape that booty.

But if I'm going to be reminded of table top booty, it goes hand in hand with this:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Looking for 2 Avatar the Last Airbender Gifs if anyone can find em, I'm pretty sure I've seen them used on this forum too.

1st one is from the 2nd season where Sokka is leaving and turns and while walking backwards says "Water Tribe"

2nd one is of Toph waving her hands in front of her face smiling reminding them she was blind (Desert episode when looking for a library)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

vvv It is a Magical Girl Anime! vvv

Mr. Squishy has a new favorite as of 19:51 on Feb 1, 2011

Sir Azrael
Jan 14, 2004

Locked, cocked, and polygonally rifled... This creature fears nothing.

Mr. Squishy posted:

I must know what this is.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

More Guyver! The last gif-able bits of the old 90's run, at least from what I've seen. All the awesome bits after these don't gif well.

Guyver I gettin' the hell out of Dodge.

Punch-juggling the 90's incarnation of Neo Zx-Tol.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
After marathoning the whole series, this is the one absolute most gif-able thing I had to make:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Photobucket tends to be pissy about showing images. You might need to rehost.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Plank posted:

They're super good friends, and as they're walking along in that scene they're saying 'I'll never leave you, we'll make it through this together!'. Then one gets grabbed, screams for help, 'oh god don't leave me' etc. and the other replies (almost literally) 'gently caress you got mine' and kicks her off.

It's awesome.

And then she turns around and gets grabbed by a hoard of zombies herself.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

High School Of The Dead, if I recall correctly. It's a gigantic mash of zombie apocalypse meets fanservice so severe you'll seriously think it was initially meant to be a hentai.

Edit: Beaten by seconds.

The "fanservice" is so deliberately over-the-top that you can't really take it seriously or believe it was meant to be taken seriously, though. To me, it just seemed like it was taking horror/zombie concepts to the extreme as a bit of comic relief.

Anyway, in case you can't tell, I JUST watched Highschool of the Dead, loved it, and need some gifs of it. An awesome one would be the scene where Takashi throws Kota the police revolver and Kota does the "Double tap, baby!" with it.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Ashita no Nadja

(For some reason the gif wouldn't even upload to other imagehosting sites, even after I pared it down to size.)

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

It's another shot from the same scene as the previous image that was posted, but there aren't too many animated gifs of this show.

spread and fed
Jan 6, 2011

despair is the greatest sin of all
Someone get P.M.F. in here to gif her losing her head at the top of the screen. Should loop nicely.
e: do you know how hard it is to remember proper BBcode

spread and fed has a new favorite as of 04:28 on Feb 21, 2011

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The Reaganomicon
Oct 14, 2010

by Lowtax

Tricerapowerbottom
Jun 16, 2008

WILL MY PONY RECOGNIZE MY VOICE IN HELL
Necroing this for a request: Guy rubbing his hand on a 'girl''s crotch, then going whitefaced when he runs into something he didn't expect. Looked like a scifi series.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

moss piglet posted:

Necroing this for a request: Guy rubbing his hand on a 'girl''s crotch, then going whitefaced when he runs into something he didn't expect. Looked like a scifi series.

OOPS.gif

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Anyone have any Nausicaa gifs? Specifically looking for any with that giant fire god thing with his ribs seeping out of his body.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
Anime!

Star Driver

Kimi ni Todoke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rough Lobster posted:

Anyone have any Nausicaa gifs? Specifically looking for any with that giant fire god thing with his ribs seeping out of his body.

I found these.

Couldn't find any of the god warrior completely falling apart though.

From this tumblr I ran across: Ghibli Gifs
Nausicaa is so good, read the manga too if you haven't, I like it even more than the movie.

AfroGunsou posted:

Kimi ni Todoke

I about lost it when that happened.

• Locked thread