Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit

Noise Machine posted:

Thinking about the Marshall Origin 50 watt amp...

Or a Quilter. Mentally I know Solid State amps are fine, but emotionally I still want those overtones to saturate the good ol' fashioned way, but the idea of having 200w of pure clean headroom are certainly appealing.

50 watts of all tube power brother? Thats alot of meat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit

After The War posted:

All depends on the drummer and the room. All the guitarists hearing drumsets up close for the first time in a year and a half (myself included) are in for quite the reminder of how loud those bastards get, especially in a small room.

I know even once we start playing out again, it probably won't be in venues with yer fancy "moneeetors" and "sownguys."

My supro is a mere 5 watts and its loud as poo poo

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit

Wark Say posted:

Just got this a day after my birthday!

Took it for a 2-hour spin and here's the driver's report: I have my Yamaha THR10x which is 20 watts and my Marshall AVT50 (50 watts, obviously) and I routinely crank them loud without bothering my wife/dogs/neighbors. How the gently caress is this so loud at 5 watts? I could not get the Dirty/Red channel beyond 5 watts. poo poo, I could not get it past Hi-Gain 1 Mode. I ran a BB+ just to get a little bit of more metal dirt happening. It was just loving nuts. The only other amps that are this crushing at this low wattage are my Mark V and Recto-Verb 25 heads (both have 10-watt modes for all 3/2 channels). Like even the Fender Blues Junior III or the Mesa 5:25 Express Plus combos I have are not this loud.

I just got this, and now I'm wondering what the Royal Atlantic (the 100-watt version of this) is going to sound like, because holy poo poo I am in love. What the gently caress did they do to these heads, man? They're just... loving insane. Here's what most insane: The Clean/Green channel? It's so rich, thick and syrupy, you could cut the tone and put it on a flan and it'd be the sweetest loving meal you'd have in your life. Legit the only downside of this head is that it doesn't have an FX Loop, but holy hell, I don't care. I'll run my effects on the front and get like a bypass or something. gently caress, it's so good.

swag

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I got the xxxx

I thought that front plate was diamond plating but it's apparently the naked woman silhouette truck driver chuds like on their mudflaps, so that thing is going in the back of my basement.

Also the guy with the Mesa amp seems really cool, deal should be legit assuming he's satisfied with my youtube guitar

e: Also what's a good attenuator for these big boy amps that isn't super expensive?

Sick.